La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Madvillain on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 am

But do you get where I'm coming from Kizz? It's not the sole fact that we were able to make the comeback. That is great. Like Dani said, we dropped points last year because we weren't able to do this. But the nerves that come with the comeback isn't something I enjoy as much. I was still jumping up and down in front of the tv when Villa scored his goal. Wink

I will attend the game against Celtic in a few weeks. I've seen my fair share of La Liga matches in Camp Nou but this will be my first CL. Hopefully it will be my fav. kind of game, with good play from both sides.

Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 605
Join date : 2012-01-28

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by danyjr on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:13 am

Regarding Song on second goal, Negredo fooled him way too easily to get him wide. An average centreback knows he should close goal-side when there is plenty of space in the middle. I know Negredo is left-footed but I doubt Song knew that anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcpHlcX_0s

See 0:11. Song is moving towards Negredo on a straight line, you think good, he's going to close him down. Negredo flicks his shoulder as if he is going wide and bam, Song stops for a moment, leaving the Spaniard to score.

The guy is just awful as a CB and while we are at it, as a DM too. No wonder Wenger didn't fight to keep him at all. His complacency annoyed many Arsenal fans back in his time in Emirates and I'm sure they are happy to see him go. Besides, a fit Diaby shits on Song any day.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4546
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 am

Benfica will be without Oscar Cardozo. He woud of been a huge aerial threat against the small Mascherano and the weak Bartra. Now he is out of the game, I am all for starting Bartra in it.

avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:20 am

@danyjr wrote:Regarding Song on second goal, Negredo fooled him way too easily to get him wide. An average centreback knows he should close goal-side when there is plenty of space in the middle. I know Negredo is left-footed but I doubt Song knew that anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcpHlcX_0s

See 0:11. Song is moving towards Negredo on a straight line, you think good, he's going to close him down. Negredo flicks his shoulder as if he is going wide and bam, Song stops for a moment, leaving the Spaniard to score.

The guy is just awful as a CB and while we are at it, as a DM too. No wonder Wenger didn't fight to keep him at all. His complacency annoyed many Arsenal fans back in his time in Emirates and I'm sure they are happy to see him go. Besides, a fit Diaby shits on Song any day.

Your overdoing it. Negredo isnt just some scrub (as much as I call him one) it was a good play by him. Song was fooled, but it was a good feint by Negredo and he took advantage of the fact Song had to run full speed at him to close him down.

Your vendetta against Song is silly. Your saying he is a poor DM when his only game at DM for us, he played very well.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:33 am

@The Franchise wrote:Messi and basically everyone else wasnt good. Soon will come the time to question when or even if Messi will return. Anyone who cant see his bad play is clearly decieving himself.

All for Villa, I couldnt be more happy for the guy. I celebrated something like he did in my avatar when he scored that goal.
If you can't see the good what Messi did today, you are blind as they come.

Villa finally got it right after Messi fed him two times, that something to be happy about yes

Spoiler:




avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11021
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 am

LOL Whatever dude.

Messi was poor for at least 70 minutes. Two assists, doesnt change that fact.

Just like he has had great games where he didnt score or assist, he can have bad ones where he does assist or score. Yesturday was one of them.

Nobody said he didnt do anything well...but by his standards, yesturday, like much of the season, wasnt good.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:41 am

@Madvillain wrote:But do you get where I'm coming from Kizz? It's not the sole fact that we were able to make the comeback. That is great. Like Dani said, we dropped points last year because we weren't able to do this. But the nerves that come with the comeback isn't something I enjoy as much. I was still jumping up and down in front of the tv when Villa scored his goal. Wink

I will attend the game against Celtic in a few weeks. I've seen my fair share of La Liga matches in Camp Nou but this will be my first CL. Hopefully it will be my fav. kind of game, with good play from both sides.

Yeah I get you bro. Wink

@Jiopsi: Do you do anything but defend Messi ffs?
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 am

@The Franchise wrote:LOL Whatever dude.

Messi was poor for at least 70 minutes. Two assists, doesnt change that fact.

Just like he has had great games where he didnt score or assist, he can have bad ones where he does assist or score. Yesturday was one of them.

Nobody said he didnt do anything well...but by his standards, yesturday, like much of the season, wasnt good.
Two assists? Says it all really, he was involved in all the goals, gave Villa couple great opportunities, Pedro one, which they didn't score, and had couple great shot saved, which he himself created.

All this from having been mostly crowded, players passing the ball to him in wrong, too tight spots etc. and nobody else than Fabregas doing pretty much anything worthwhile.

Yet, he particularly was having a bad game. This section is becoming hilariously deluded lately, I must say.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11021
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:@Jiopsi: Do you do anything but defend Messi ffs?
I'm just perplexed how anybody can rationalize to himself that Messi was having particuraly bad game.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11021
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:29 am

He has always been the most crowded, doesnt excuse the fact he is losing more balls than ever, not dribbling players and spends half his time asking the ref for fouls and handballs.

The only deluded one is you

. You love the guy more than the team, so if this section is so bad then why dont you stay off it?
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:36 am

@The Franchise wrote:He has always been the most crowded, doesn't excuse the fact he is losing more balls than ever, not dribbling players and spends half his time asking the ref for fouls and handballs.
So that's having a bad game, when you are the one who is creating most? I pity the day when the club is doing 100% horizontal- and back passes so that no one is loosing the ball, or trying to create anything.
The only deluded one is you

. You love the guy more than the team, so if this section is so bad then why dont you stay off it?
I follow Messi, I follow Barca. True I'm Messi fan, but I'm also a Barca fan. Doesn't mean I'm wrong though, and I will always question everybody who I see talking something that just isn't right.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11021
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 am

Having a bad game by his standards is when he is loosing the ball and not dribbling players to the extent he did. Then compounding the problem but instead of chasing after the balls he lost, he complains to the referee. End of story.

A few good passes doesnt erase all that came before it.

You say your a Barca fan but I dont see you defending Barca half as much as I do see you defending Messi. Your one step away from huntsmen, if Messi left Barca, I would genuinely question if you would jump ship right with him. You cant see whats in front of your face, such is your love for him.

Your doing Messi a disservce with your opinon also. By saying he is playing at the level he has done in other years is a disservce to those years, because he was simply playing at a higher level than he is right now.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:58 am

@The Franchise wrote:Having a bad game by his standards is when he is loosing the ball and not dribbling players to the extent he did. Then compounding the problem but instead of chasing after the balls he lost, he complains to the referee. End of story.
What is the point of keeping the ball if you don't do anything with it? 4 successful dribbles in this game, 4.2 average of the season, and 4.8 last season. There is no real difference. Complaining referee? The one shirt pull when he was almost through, which should have been an obvious yellow, possible goal without that? What is the problem in that?

A few good passes doesnt erase all that came before it.
Few passes which resulted 3 goals, and should have been even more, but luckily that was enough for the win.

You say your a Barca fan but I dont see you defending Barca half as much as I do see you defending Messi. Your one step away from huntsmen, if Messi left Barca, I would genuinely question if you would jump ship right with him. You cant see whats in front of your face, such is your love for him.

Your doing Messi a disservce with your opinon also. By saying he is playing at the level he has done in other years is a disservce to those years, because he was simply playing at a higher level than he is right now.
Where did I say he has been playing in the same level? Is that even same as playing bad? My god, you are beginning to sound delirious.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11021
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by neuro11 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 am

@The Franchise wrote:Having a bad game by his standards is when he is loosing the ball and not dribbling players to the extent he did. Then compounding the problem but instead of chasing after the balls he lost, he complains to the referee. End of story.

interesting, you are pointing out to something that Messi hardly ever does....can you tell how many times he complained with no good reason??

Messi's games so far are far from being convincing in terms of magical runs, great dribbling,great goals etc.. But he still is making the kind of passes in the final third which are better than other players, finding the players alone in free spaces, taking freekicks on target that demand great save, drawing players out of position. Surprisingly he is contributing very less this season(don know why but i wish he regains his form soon) but the few minutes he is contributing were well enough for being decisive in all the wins so far this season.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1773
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by free_cat on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 am

Messi's form is worrying to be honest.

He hasn't had a single great full game this season. However, when we needed a comeback, he stepped up and played very well in the last twenty minutes.

So this clearly points out to a lack of motivation. Hope he gets his will back. Losing the golden ball could be a good way to motivate him maybe.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by eelir on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:03 am

@eelir wrote:Apparently Messi is playing in pain. That's why he did not press during the last games and this has been going on for a while (if you could trust my spanish, please some native speaker clarify a bit more)

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/04/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1346766564.html

I posted this a month ago. Don't know if true, but it really makes sense. He steps up only when we need him badly. Oh, and he did not have bad game. He was among the best. But, he rised the bar too high, so with respect to that he had a bad game.
avatar
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2139
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by billionmillion on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:46 am

Messi is not Messi this season. I'm also a blind messi fanboy but i can see that he lost his magic. I think its because of personal life issues. i expect him to come back after 1 month after his child finally is born

but he still does somethings when its needed

_________________
avatar
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by vivabarca38 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am

Messi has lost everything.Hes become slower his dribbling hasnt been good as it usually was back in 08-09,09-10 and 10-11.Hes lost the motivation and just stands there like Ronaldo back in United while the rest of the team run their asses off.

Im not liking what Im seeing from us this season btw.Were getting the wins but were struggling to get it.Were not winning in style and our squad has declined like 20-30 % from the last 4 seasons.
avatar
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 1730
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 am

I agree with dani about Fab.I think he showed heart and desire after going down 2 goals.Showed that he was willing to fight.So even though his overall performance was not great,terrific attitude and ofcourse the brace.
On Messi,I think its clear he is playing way below his normal level.But the man is so lethal,that even at 20% he still manages to make a difference. And his final passing is just devastating right now.Even in a poor game he still manages to create chances.His freekicks too have become very dangerous.
Still cant ignore the fact that he is playing way below his normal level. He is not dribbling at all.I dont care what the stats say.
I think Song was partially at fault for both the goals.The first one he was too slow to get back.Was just jogging back.The second one,he was too easy on Negredo.Should have made it a lot harder.
On the first goal,Alves should have tried to block the shot.Valdes didnt cover himslef in glory either.Should have atleast tried to make a save.Guy just watched the ball go past him.
Defense is a real worry.Bartra needs to be tried out.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by harhar11 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:34 pm

@billionmillion wrote:Messi is not Messi this season. I'm also a blind messi fanboy but i can see that he lost his magic. I think its because of personal life issues. i expect him to come back after 1 month after his child finally is born

but he still does somethings when its needed

+1

Messis child is about to be born and parents to be tend to be very nervous and easy to irritate when its a few days when the child is about to be born...

_________________

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by danyjr on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:28 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Your overdoing it. Negredo isnt just some scrub (as much as I call him one) it was a good play by him. Song was fooled, but it was a good feint by Negredo and he took advantage of the fact Song had to run full speed at him to close him down.

Your vendetta against Song is silly. Your saying he is a poor DM when his only game at DM for us, he played very well.

I'm sorry but if he gets outsmarted like that by Negredo prepare him to get raped by better strikers which most Champions League teams have.

He is a poor DM. I know it because I watch all Arsenal matches not just one Barcelona match in which they were barely challenged defensively. His complacency always annoyed me, he barely intercepted balls that passed close to him and rarely does a slide tackle. To be a good defender you need to have guts and he doesn't have any. On top of that he got a yellow card almost every two matches because he screwed up (either gave the ball away or was caught out of position), often early on in matches against good teams which in turn made him invisible for the rest of the match.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4546
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by CBarca on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 pm

WTF Jiopsi get out, you are not a Barca fan. You support Messi more than Barca, I've never seen you post in here about Barca in general, only if it's about Messi. That says something, yes?

I'm sure if Messi left you would leave right with him, as Dani said. 100% sure of it.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16542
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Donuts on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:05 am

@CBarca wrote:WTF Jiopsi get out, you are not a Barca fan. You support Messi more than Barca, I've never seen you post in here about Barca in general, only if it's about Messi. That says something, yes?

I'm sure if Messi left you would leave right with him, as Dani said. 100% sure of it.
I support Messi over Barcelona but that doesn't mean I cannot be a fan of Barca.. scratch

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/i6BMgLU.gif
avatar
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:44 am

Lads, we are sounding like Madrid fans here... Come on...
Handball was accident. No foul. End of Story. Slighest headburt on Fab. Red Card. Simple. :coffee:
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 am

I aint even going to bother arguing such sillyness. All I will say is, come on chat the next time Barca play (not Madrid or CL game) and I will gladly point out what Messi is doing wrong live. That way you cant hide behind meaningless stats.

Same goes for dude who claims Messi doesnt stand there complaining at refs for decisions when he could be pressing the ball.

As for Song...he isnt a CB..of course he is likely to struggle with elite strikers in the CL...thats a given.

Comparing him as DM at Arsenal to here is behond silly...he has a different responsibility here and has a different role.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Round 6: Sevilla vs FC Barcelona

Post by Jonathan28 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 am

There was a big row on Barcaforum, with this guy called Jiopi(Jiopsi?) about the whole Messi and Villa argument. There were days of him trash talking the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, saying that they weren't integral to Barca's success like Messi was so thats why Messi had the right to have a go at Villa. He brought out a lot of stats(I swear, it must be Jiopsi) trying to prove that Messi was the best passer then Xavi, better goalscorer, better dribbler then Iniesta etc, he even said garbage like Xavi only won so much because he played for a good Spain team so he never deserved a Balon D'Or whilst Messi did.

Of courseno one was having that pile of garbage, we did eventually get him to admit that he only supported Messi and that he didn't care at all about Barca. But sadly, he was not the only one like that. Sometimes I joke that if Messi left half of the club "supporters" would go with him, now I ain't joking no more.

_________________


The Great Troll Kings

Giancarlo(Italian Master)
Cyberman(Internet Legend)
Feverpitch(Gooner Prince)
Ordinho10(Arsenal's Bane)
SuperFloren(Barcelona's Thorn)
?????????(The Last Troll King)

"I am immortal, I have inside me the blood of the Troll Kings. I have no rival, no man can be my equal."
avatar
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum