Barça B highlights.

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Barça B highlights.

Post by FCBarça on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 am

@The Franchise wrote:And the excuse for Dongou not getting involved in the weekend? When Rafinha wasnt playing?

I like the kid, but everytime I seen Dongou I understand more what Free is saying. He is so quite.

He makes runs in behind the defence, like a traditional 9. If like on the weekend, we dont have the ability to create and find him with a pass, he has little to no impact.

He's like Iran, completely isolated...Hard to conclude much about his development with the B team let alone Eusebio when there's a nonexistent midfield...Must feed the beast

Rafinha, is a different story...I'm not sure who pointed it out but not sure he's a midfielder even...Such a heavy touch and seemingly incapable of organizing the attack much less controlling a match...He turns and heads for goal...Doesn't have the pace to be a wide player either...I remember when there was talk he had more talent than his brother but I have yet to see even a glimpse of that...Thiago has world class abilities and has shown it often, Rafinha?...I'm wondering if he has a future at the club

FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:46 am

Shocked We see a completely different player in Rafinha then. I see one of the most talented players at the B at 19 years old. Such a heavy touch? You gotta be kidding.

Inexistent midfield? With players like Roberto, Rafinha or Espinosa, who are actually 1st division players?

The only real issue you state is that Rafinha needs to focus more his position, either a forward or a midfielder.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am

Roberto has been splitting time with the 1st team, even if only for training - leaving him making infrequent appearances for the B side...Plus, he doesn't even often start

Rafinha, heavy touch, definitely...and I'm hardly alone in this concern about his longterm potential at the club...Remains to be seen what his best position is but he's far from being among the most talented players in the B team let alone 19 year olds at the club...I'm not prone to the hype that can take root in many of the cantera players, the proof is in the pudding...Gai Assulin says hello

Espinosa is the best attacking midfielder with the B team atm but I stlll question what sort of intelligence he has as he often makes too many poor decisions...His propensity for trying to dribble through the entire defense is perhaps more symptomatic of Eusebio's ineptitude since it seems widespread in the squad

Roberto is the best of the midfield lot in terms of footballing IQ and how to play the Barcelona way but it is rarely how he's used...Curious how he'd fare as the holding mid rather than Ilie
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 pm

If Rafinha has a heavy touch, Dongou has a lead touch?

Rafinha is definitely one of the most talented players in the B team and even most influential. Plays almost every game, scores often, is vital in the midfield. I really don't know what you are on about. Don't compare him to Assulin who only played in 2aB and didn't almost score there. We are talking about a player that scored 8 goals last season, 3 already this season playing as CM.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Compare a forward who barely sees the ball to a someone playing in the midfield?...Talk about apples & oranges

FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Playing on an island? I dont watch every single game, but we dont play liek Stoke City for god sake. He isnt up there on his own while we have 10 men behind the ball in our own defensive third.

I dont see no Rafinha heavy touch either to be honest. No idea why your questioning his future either, he is playing well whenever I see. He's different, he has a different skill set and style.

Comparing him to Gai Assulin is just silly, for obvious reasons.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm

For obvious reasons, hyped kids don't always turn into the success stories we'd like them to be...whether it's Bojan, Assulin or Rafinha...No idea if Rafinha will be another failure but right now, his development is at a standstill...and at this stage, that often has a familiar ending

Haven't been watching closely enough if you've missed the heavy touches from Rafinha or seeing how our forwards are often left alone...that particularly includes Dongou

FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 pm

As I said, the player I would worry about his development is not Rafinha. I'd worry about Roberto, Grimaldo and especially Dongou, who btw is the most overhyped after Deulofeu.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Sorry Rafinhna has no future in Barcelona, he is not the kind of midfielder for Barcelona, Deulofeu who is a year younger has started accumulating minutes with the first team.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Fortunately, Dongou, newly promoted, at 17 doesn't need to worry about his place in the club's plans...With far less minutes than Grimaldo or Rafinha and isolated in Eusebio's bizarre system, still has a couple of goals...His future remains bright, even if Eusebio's is dim

Rafinha is a year younger than Sergio Roberto but miles away from his understanding of how to play in midfield - big reason why we haven't seen him with the 1st team in some time, as well...He'll be 20 in February and he's pretty far down the pecking order in term of midfielders...So a stay with the B team remains likely for now but soon a decision will have to be made on loaning or selling him...He's a long way from 1st team material

Roberto is effectively a 1st team player going back & forth between the B side & Tito's team...If you think he's overhyped or there's concern about his development, than you apparently think you know more than the club

FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 pm

I like Sergi Roberto, but this is a lost season for him so far. Doing nothing either for the B or the A.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Seemingly, he's in no man's land but it's clear the club counts on him as he continues to be involved with both sides

And as I mentioned in another thread, even first team players remark about how Sergio Roberto is the youth player that impresses them the most
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 pm

@FCBarça wrote:Roberto has been splitting time with the 1st team, even if only for training - leaving him making infrequent appearances for the B side...Plus, he doesn't even often start

Rafinha, heavy touch, definitely...and I'm hardly alone in this concern about his longterm potential at the club...Remains to be seen what his best position is but he's far from being among the most talented players in the B team let alone 19 year olds at the club...I'm not prone to the hype that can take root in many of the cantera players, the proof is in the pudding...Gai Assulin says hello

Espinosa is the best attacking midfielder with the B team atm but I stlll question what sort of intelligence he has as he often makes too many poor decisions...His propensity for trying to dribble through the entire defense is perhaps more symptomatic of Eusebio's ineptitude since it seems widespread in the squad

Roberto is the best of the midfield lot in terms of footballing IQ and how to play the Barcelona way but it is rarely how he's used...Curious how he'd fare as the holding mid rather than Ilie

Very good post. Certainly can't talk about Rafinha because I simply haven't watched him play enough but Sergi Roberto has been by far the player from the quarry who's impressed me the most in terms of tactical brain in running/orchestrsting a midfield even though I'm not so sure about his technical ability but I would give him the benefit of the doubt simply because he's still young.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:23 am

I wouldn't worry about Roberto and particularly his performances for B now. Can't judge him on those at all. He doesn't train with them normally. Clearly the training with the 1st team has been good for him though, as he looked much more at ease in his start this season.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Barça b - Racing this Sunday at 12:00.

Will be links on rojadirecta.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

Watching game now...

2-0 up.
Gerard pen and Lobato goal.

Gai Assulin playing for Racing.
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 am

Halftime.

Deulofeu scored his 2nd. Cracking goal
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 pm

I must add it is quite sad to see a team like Racing struggling at the bottom of Segunda.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm

@danyjr wrote:I must add it is quite sad to see a team like Racing struggling at the bottom of Segunda.

True that, they really looked weak tonight. Inexistent midfield.

Deulofeu was dribbling defenders for fun tonight. Everything he touched turned to gold. I think sometimes his dribbling is a bit pointless and he needs to work on keeping it 100% effective like Messi did, but boy... he was superb. Easy MOM. I don't think his attitude is going to be a huge problem either... its just something to be wary of, and that he should keep in check.

He scored a pen, a great goal and set up Alberto's goal nicely.

Rafinha was also excellent tonight. Good 'ol mister 'poor first touch' lol... rofl

Luis Alberto also looked sharp as usual, otherwise no real standout performances. Racing mainly just very weak.

Good to see Gai back on Barca turf and I hope he succeeds with Racing, though it looks like he's joined a team in real trouble.

Roberto was decent, but looks like he should be in 1st team now. I believe that the players who really are first team material look better at that level than with the B team, and thats the case with him now for me. Looked a bit out of sync with the other mids and much prefers being surrounded by the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. He looks more at home with them now.
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Mother of God. What a goal by Deulofeu, and an assist. Top scorer of Segunda with at least 3 assists. MVP of Segunda with half playing time. Deserves time with the first team.

Couldn't watch the game, very early for me, I was sleeping. Very Happy

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeah, I missed this game too...was fast asleep.

Way too early on a Sunday morning for someone like me.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 pm

@BarcaKizz wrote:Watching game now...

2-0 up.
Gerard pen and Lobato goal.

Gai Assulin playing for Racing.

Gai Assulin Shocked

Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing from la masia? Is he still a city player?
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Terrific match from the B team, so hard to understand how a team that looked as inept as it did against say Numancia was as imperious as they were today...Was it down to the relegation zone opponent?...I'm sure that was part of it

Racing were terrible, even with Francis' usual douchery

But Rafinha, Deulofeu & Alberto were terrific...Deulofeu lovely skill on his 2nd goal was great although I liked his assist to Alberto late even more...Rafinha regained some touch and control with croquetas and lovely lofted balls over the top of the defense that Lobato very nearly converted for goal...Perhaps it was his shit form of late or the late red card but he was a different player...Although I do wonder how much of that was down to an opponent that was akin to a door mat...Racing were having shots rain down on them for most of the match as the scoreline could've easily been doubled

Wonder what happened to Grimaldo as he was yanked for Balliu at the half...He wasn't having an impressive 1st half but was it yankworthy?...Pick up a knock maybe?...His development has to be viewed more cautiously this season after he seemingly was assured of 1st team promotion in the next couple of seasons...Is it down to an attitude problem as has been speculated on in the media?...His quality has been missing, tbh

I liked Patric at RB although he was never really tested defensively...won the penalty early

Alberto is a lovely player who looks like he's beginning to gel with the B team and was even dropping deeper to set up the attack...He's a keeper

A schizophrenic side this B team, no idea what will come from them next

Gai Assulin, even going with Gai on his kit seems like it's not helping the 21 year old who was incredibly described as 'the next Messi' at one point...Still looks like a one trick pony
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Lugo - Barça b saturday at 18:00. Rafinha is out two months at south american cup u-20 for two months. There will be streams on rojadirecta.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 pm

@free_cat wrote:Lugo - Barça b saturday at 18:00. Rafinha is out two months at south american cup u-20 for two months. There will be streams on rojadirecta.
ffs you gave me a heart attack,I read 2 months out and thought it was a injury or something

I will start following barca b now banana
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Rafinha is playing though.

Lugo winning 1-0.

We can't brake their defense.

Fan Favorite