e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin!

5 posters

Go down

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Empty e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin!

Post by Bellabong Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Official Tournament Page:
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/s2-world-championship

First match today is 0900 Pacific time/1200 Eastern/1800 Central European . Streams can be found on the official website as well as in the reddit info post below (extremely handy)

Reddit info page: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/10xiby/day_1_season_2_world_championship_playoffs_group/

VODS:
http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLEventVoDs

Anyone on GL gonna follow these? If say who're you supporting?
I'm a fan of CLG.EU

Participating Teams:

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 124px-Tsmlogo150
Team Solomid e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cae-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cae-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Us

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Clglogo
CLG Prime e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cae-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cae-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Us

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Diglogo2
Team Dignitas e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Use-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Ca

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-M5
Moscow 5 e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Rue-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Rue-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Rue-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Rue-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Ru

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Sk_logo
SK Gaminge-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Ese-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Ese-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Dee-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Dee-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Fr

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Clgeu_logo
CLG EU e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Dee-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Dke-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Scotlande-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Dke-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Be

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Tpa_logo
Taipei Assassins e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Twe-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Twe-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Hke-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Twe-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Tw

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Azubu_Frost_logo
Azubu Frost e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kr

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Najinswordlogo150
NaJin Sword e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kre-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Kr

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-We_logo150
Team WE e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cn

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Ig_logo
Invictus Gaming e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Cn

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 123px-Jokerslogo
Saigon Jokers e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Vne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Vne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Vne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Vne-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Vn

Last edited by Phritz on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Empty Re: e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin!

Post by Bellabong Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:13 pm

500,000 concurrent viewers (I ont even know how many uniques) not a single one from this forum. This place is so out of touch with pc gaming...

In other news all north american teams got eliminated eliminated embarrassingly and the semi finals will consist of M5 vs. Taipei Assassins and the winner of Team World Elite vs. Counterlogic Gaming EU will face Azubu Frost.

For me the Saigon Jokers were the surprise package so far and Dignitas the biggest disappointment
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Empty Re: e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin!

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Never played League of Legends so it doesn't really intrest me Razz
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Never played it, but it looks very similar to DotA, which I have also hardly played, but seen my brother play it a lot, lol.

Watched the last few minutes of one of the games today. Looks pretty cool, so I might follow it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 pm

played for 2 years or so and quit

very addictive
but the normal mode is full of kids and trolls whereas the ranked mode requires a specific approach in the game which is superior to the usual approach so i find it boring in a way

what ive learned from this game and for this game throughout those 2 years is the more you play the better you become
even if you are not a skillful player if you give your life in it you might be in these championship finals in which im pretty sure most participants play dozens of hours a day
its a bit one dimensional and if you exploit its weaknesses you beat everyone but that requires time

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:52 am

On my EU account I treat normals lke ranked. I have to because even though I just hit 30 on my EUW account my normal rating is extremely high - havent had a single normal game on my euw without half the players being 2k elo in ranked (you have a normal rating for matchmaking - Riot made it hidden a looooooong time ago.

This tourney is using up 5% of american internet in jist the group and playoff stage.

Im really intrigued what the figures will be for the grand final. Tickets to the 10,000 person arena are sold out and the only region disadvantaged time wise is asia - plus its on saturday anyways.

Theres gonna be more people watching this in person than a serie a match.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

Sweet mother of god. I just heard a vuvuzela.

I love that the crowd is cheering ward kills becausethis is a turtle game (clg vs we game 3)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 am

Don't really like LoL, but tell me if Team Dignitas does well, because they're a very well known team in SC2, which I semi-follow.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 am

Bad news for you then - while Dignitas is arguably tied wth CLG.Prime for 2nd best North American teams all North American teams got wiped. CLG.Prime only managed one victory in the group stages (against a team that was eliminated along with them)- Dignitas got 0-3ed and TSM was also without victory.

Its like dota all over again - NA teams are becoming a non entity
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:26 am

I'm watching

Bit dissapointed that TSM went out so early, they're kind off my favourites after M5.

Think M5 is gonna walk this over like any recent tournament. They're just much smarter with their item picks and champion picks. dat 5 GA strat
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:19 pm

CLG.EU is the only team to beat them in an extended series Razz

Bummer about the technical issues though - the atmosphere from the crowd was great last night. Oh well, we're still at least going to get the streams of the remaining matches and the grand final will be held here:

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! 799px-USC_galen_arena_pano

:bow: rise of e-sports in the west
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Phritz wrote:Bad news for you then - while Dignitas is arguably tied wth CLG.Prime for 2nd best North American teams all North American teams got wiped. CLG.Prime only managed one victory in the group stages (against a team that was eliminated along with them)- Dignitas got 0-3ed and TSM was also without victory.

Its like dota all over again - NA teams are becoming a non entity

Meh, so then it's just pretty much just like SC2 then, America has very few people capable of making a splash...as well as American teams. Oh well (unless you count EG which the only people winning are non-Americans, even though it's an "American" team).

That's too bad. Guess I'll root for M5 then, who-in my limited knowledge of LoL- seem to be the best team in the world, and probably the favorites?

Where is this being held Phritz? That arena looks a little bit like the one they use for Dreamhack.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Dreamhack's Dreamarena has a capacity of 4000 - This is USC's 10,000 seater basketball stadium.

You're right - M5 is by far the most creative and exciting team atm but the Asian teams have pretty much been in their own bubble so its hard to judge their skill ceiling - one thing is for sure - Their mechanics are perfect.

M5 used to be massive unsportsmanlike douches which is why I didn't use to like them despite their entertaining aggressive playstyle but they took a lot of steps to rectify that image.

Imma update this thread with the new schedule once its known
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow, either Dreamhacks stadium looks larger than it is, or that picture makes that one look smaller than it is, but I didn't expect such a difference.

LoL is getting big...oh well. I saw it coming. Wish I liked the game but I don't enjoy it at all, I've tried.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 pm

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! Dreamarena-amd-sapphire-590

e-Sports - Season 2 League of Legends World Championship Finals begin! DreamArena

Well at closer inspection the AMD-Sapphire DreamArena is pretty much half the size of a basketball court so it having around half the capacity sounds about right.

What was it about lol that you didn't enjoy if I may ask?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 am

Just the whole game, and the way it's played. I just don't enjoy it at all on the fundamental level, MOBAS (I think that is what they are called) are just games I don't really enjoy.

Then there are other things, I guess, the length, the characters, the fun factor (the last one ties in closely with my first point).

Kinda similar to how some people just don't like FPS's, or RTS's, I don't prefer MOBAS-HoN, LoL, DOTA2...whatever it may be.

I'm all for the development of esports though. Which IMO is kind of a silly title to give it, but yeah. Esports rock Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down