BarcaKizz
The Sanchez
billionmillion
billy_gr
free_cat
9 posters

Go down

Who is better in current form?

Who is better in current form? Vote_lcap38%Who is better in current form? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Who is better in current form? Vote_lcap62%Who is better in current form? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Who is better in current form? Empty Who is better in current form?

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:22 am

Dani Alves or Martin Montoya?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Who is better in current form? Empty Re: Who is better in current form?

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 am

I think it would be unfair to pick any of them for obvious reason's but I say, since Dani is injury burdened now and the kid showed he has what it takes let's give him a chance. At least don't treat him like Bartra...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 am

Current form: all games since season started.

I don't think it's unfair, Montoya has played little but has done OK (not awesome, but OK) while Alves has been rubbish for most of the season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 am

Montoya is an inexperienced player. He did terrible mistake at making offside trap yesterday. But Alves did too, so they are in same level atm
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 am

Actually it was adriano who cuts the offside of Cipriano in the second goal.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 am

It will be good that Montoya will get a good now, well I hope he does. Tito better not place Adriano at RB and have Alba at LB otherwise Clubber
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 am

free_cat wrote:Actually it was adriano who cuts the offside of Cipriano in the second goal.

Indeed. Not Montoya's fault. It was Adriano stepping up and trying to rush in on Ozil which left space for Cristina to run in to. In the end I think it was actually Mascherano playing Cristina onside as well.

I blame it on Adriano's inexperience in that role and the lack of synergy between him and Mascherano. Montoya couldn't do too much there.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 am

For me Montoya has been better, for some time now.

I think Alves's downhill started after he broke up with his better half, and it has been slow and steady since then, now reaching the point when Montoya will be the better choice.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 am

For me, Alves has been downhill since that red card from last season. He admitted he was disappionted with the club that they didn't tell him, others were intersted in him... Not saying he wants to go though through this downrun maybe its time for Montoya to step up and give competition for Alves for his spot in the starting team
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 am

Has Montoya even played a 2 games?

Impossible to answer.

Anyway, Montoya will be in for a few weeks with Alves injury so lets see what he can do.

My expectations of him are that on the ball he does well, he has very good composure and he passes it in time and with the correct speed. Going forward he is very good also, he overlaps and he has good speed.

Defensively, my expectations are not so high because I have seen some issues. He has a habit of letting people run in on him..if his teammates played the offside trap well it doesnt hurt, but he havent played the offside trap consistently well in like 1 and half seasons. So I am worried about that dynamic.

He also gets a bit far forward for someone who isnt Alves...Alves really isnt the fullback you would want to watch and learn the position, I am afraid he has picked up some bad habits watching him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm

I am not at all surprised to see this thread.I was kind of expecting some sort of thread on Alves.He seems to be on a personal crusade to ship Alves off to PSG for money.I think a player who has given 200% every time he has put on the shirt and showed terrific heart and desire deserves a lot more respect and support from us fans.
I am more surprised that 4 people have voted in favor of Montoya.
Give me a break.Its an insult to compare Montoya to Alves.I mean lets all forget that Montoya was roasted by CR and Ozil quite a lot in the match. Alves usually has CR in his backpocket every single time.

On Alves,I will say what I have always said.He is hands down the best fullback I have ever seen.He has been one of the top 5 players in the world for the past 5 seasons and for my money he is the third name on our teamsheet behind Xavi and Messi.We would have been nowhere near as good as we have been without him.Montoya will never be one tenth the player Alves is.

On his form,I completely disgaree that he has been rubbish.I think he has been good bar a couple of games.I have noticed though that he is less intense and not attacking as much as he normally does.I think that may be because Tito has instructed him to stay back a bit.Our defense is weak atm and Tito may have instructed Alves to stay back.I think this has affected Alves game to an extent.But he has been nowhere near rubbish as free claims.Far from it.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Supposing Dani was actually off-form, which honestly I don't agree with, benching him for more than a game isn't going to solve anything. He's a star and he would react like any other one. Montoya should make the most of his chance here, but as soon as Dani regains full fitness he should start.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down