Marco Reus - Borussia Dortmund #11

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marco Reus - Borussia Dortmund #11

Post by Toffer Harley on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
@Real Kandahar wrote:the only thing going against Reus is his age of 23, he wasted his couple of years in a smaller team before Dortmound,

lol, you know that not everyone becomes a star at age 20 right? he wouldnt be the player he is today if he hadnt gone through Gladbach. The experience he accumulated sharpening his skills and becoming a leader is invaluable. He wasnt "wasting" his time, he awas growing. Drogba became a star at age 26-27, i think he still got a pretty decent career...

word. with many youngsters gaining attention early on, the expectations are getting unrealistic.

Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 pm

How can you say "Reus wasted his time at BMG"? As a matter of fact, there he got the chance to develop!

And by the way, Reus would probably be known quite a bit earlier by the non-German public if he hadn't been injured each time Löw tried to call him up. You know, it took 4 or 5 attempts until he first showed up in the German NT...

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Rot-Weiß Oberhausen

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:15 pm

One of the best inside forwards ( that's how i see him) in the world.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Kizu wrote:Won't be better than Ozil and Gotze. Right behind them IMO. Ozil is probably the most talented player Germany ever had.

What???? You can't be serious with this garbage? When did you start watching football? Do you at least have a background in this sport?

First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm

@white_star wrote:
Kizu wrote:Won't be better than Ozil and Gotze. Right behind them IMO. Ozil is probably the most talented player Germany ever had.

What???? You can't be serious with this garbage? When did you start watching football? Do you at least have a background in this sport?

2003. Ok the most talented German I've ever since then.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Kizu wrote:
@white_star wrote:

2003. Ok the most talented German I've ever since then.

NO.

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 pm

@highburied wrote:
Kizu wrote:
@white_star wrote:

2003. Ok the most talented German I've ever seen*.

NO.

sorry

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:06 pm

this thread is about Reus only!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Great player, one of the best German youngsters around.

Probably the best finisher in Germany after Klose, and maybe Gomez.
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
ahem, on topic, this kid is a Baaaaaaaaaad Man (kudos to anyone who catches the reference :bow:)..

Could it really be....show on ESPN?

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Toni Kroos is & was the Most talented German Youngster ever. He was hailed as the German Messi when he was 15-16.

Goetze was huge & rocking the league W 19.

Ozil was a nobody, a nothing @ 19. He is a good player but nowhere near that league, Reus Kroos Goetze will move well past Ozil. Ozil will be a good depth player.

As for Reus he is a Sure-SHot World Class player & I see Barca/Real/Man-U/City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs going after his 35M Release clause in a couple of years

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm

@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Toni Kroos is & was the Most talented German Youngster ever. He was hailed as the German Messi when he was 15-16.

Goetze was huge & rocking the league W 19.

Ozil was a nobody, a nothing @ 19. He is a good player but nowhere near that league, Reus Kroos Goetze will move well past Ozil. Ozil will be a good depth player.

As for Reus he is a Sure-SHot World Class player & I see Barca/Real/Man-U/City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs going after his 35M Release clause in a couple of years

WAS really the key word in your post. smoking

Reus is definitely a talent. Dortmund have done a great job bringing him to their team. He will only get better and he is fun to watch. Goetz and Reus in one team is just amazing. I cant wait to see them gel and entertain us. I do see him going to a big team soon.

First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm

@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Toni Kroos is & was the Most talented German Youngster ever. He was hailed as the German Messi when he was 15-16.

well, mostly because of uli hoeness rather than neutral spectators.

Starlet

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 am

Kid was really really good last season, definitely the best individual of Bundes last season. And this season with Dortmund, he has been amazing again. His best quality is the pace of his game, he operates at a higher pace. And whats up with people wanting talented players leaving clubs, I hope he really stays at Dortmund and challenge Bayern.

And did somebody said Kroos the best German youth? Kroos is definitely a technical wizard, although not a great dribbler of the ball, but quite intelligent and the way he performed vs Madrid last CL semi was amazing. But Gotze is more talented for me. Gotze is a WPOTY quality talent and it would be great if he lives up to his talent. And the way some of you are undervaluing Ozil is silly here. Ozil is a genuis, inconsistent, maybe lazy(although his workrate under Mou has sky rocketed) but when on game, he is the up there with greatest playmakers. Some of the passes this kid makes are out of the world.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 am

I can see Reus surpass Gotze when it comes to his importance for germany and dortmound sometime soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 am

Thing is Goetze is a MUCH more Well Rounded player than Ozil ability wise. Add to the fact Ozil's Goal-Scoring Form is pretty poor so you get who will be picked for the CAM spot in the future IF GOETZE manages to constantly better himself.

Kroos is an All-Round Technical Wizard who can do almost everything amazingly. If there is a Xavi of 2010-2020 era it will be Kroos IMO.

Reus at present is better than Goetze, quite a bit. Goetze is nowhere in a position to even challenge Reus as he plays 2 great games, has an assist and a goal and then gets injured and comes back after 3-4 months, takes a couple of weeks to find form, plays a good couple of months and becomes injured.

Reus is WEEK in & WEEK, say 30 out of 40 week Dortmund's best player.

Besides Kroos' only possible challenger is Gundogan. And Gundogan is a bad goal-scorer, defensively nothing great & Kroos just has an extra technical quality than him.

Kroos will nail the CM position in the future & be a Much Improved Version of Schweinsteiger

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am

@Gil wrote:
@Mr Nick09 wrote:
ahem, on topic, this kid is a Baaaaaaaaaad Man (kudos to anyone who catches the reference :bow:)..

Could it really be....show on ESPN?

Stephen A. Smith :bow: Aaron Rodgers :bow:

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Decent talent, I don't see him being a world beater any time soon though.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Internacional

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

See,this is what i dislike about Reus,he completely fades out of games sometimes.Today for example I barely heard his name,did almost nothing in this first half.

Casemiro for balon dor 2016
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Internacional

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Yea Lewandoski scored a good goal & Goetze was very VERY good IMO, did a very good job in RW vacating his CAM spot for Reus.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Very good player. Very high potential. Ozil and Gotze are both definutely better than him though. Kroos is arguable. If Podolski can find his Koln form, hes better too. Amazing the quality Germany has. Schweinsteiger is also the best German player currently. Lahm and Neuer are probably better than Reus too, but those are completely different positions so its hard to compare.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm

@juventus101 wrote:Very good player. Very high potential. Ozil and Gotze are both definutely better than him though. Kroos is arguable. If Podolski can find his Koln form, hes better too. Amazing the quality Germany has. Schweinsteiger is also the best German player currently. Lahm and Neuer are probably better than Reus too, but those are completely different positions so its hard to compare.

Schweinsteiger better than Ozil ? Neutral

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeah. On form, like he is this season, it isn't even a serious contest. I agree there.

1 - 8 - 4
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 pm

vasanthPato wrote:He might be comparable to cristiano thanks to his directness and speed, but he is already more of a team player than cristiano will ever be Laughing .

Rolling Eyes another one who talks out of his ass and doesn't ACTUALLY watch ronaldo play :facepalm:

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah. On form, like he is this season, it isn't even a serious contest. I agree there.

Podolski ?? He could do better atm

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Kizu wrote:
@juventus101 wrote:Very good player. Very high potential. Ozil and Gotze are both definutely better than him though. Kroos is arguable. If Podolski can find his Koln form, hes better too. Amazing the quality Germany has. Schweinsteiger is also the best German player currently. Lahm and Neuer are probably better than Reus too, but those are completely different positions so its hard to compare.

Schweinsteiger better than Ozil ? Neutral

He sure has a case for it. He's IMO the most important player for both Bayern and Germany Players look up to him and he controls the game like few others not to mention his defensive skills on top of that. Seems to always make the right decisions.

Bayern hit a major brick wall after he broke his collar bone last season. They seemed clueless without him at times. Then right when he was making his comeback he injured his ankle ligaments and was out again. He never returned to form for the rest of the season.

It's a major reason that Bayern lost the Bundesliga and Germany failed against Italy. That and of course Jogi Loew's ridiculous decision start Toni Kroos, a central mid with little pace, over Mulller and Reus. On top of that Gomez over Klose, who just doesn't fit into the German system. It was a damn joke and I'm still mad about these ridiculous decisions.

Schweinsteiger deserves even more credit than he already gets. It's still amazes me how he went from OK winger with a lot of heart to such a bad ass midfield player in almost no time. It makes me mad that injuries robbed him of his best season ever.
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top