S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Totti - Page 4 Empty Re: Totti

Post by jibers Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Best Italian player of all time

Meazza is the greatest. Then you have Baggio, Maldini, Mazzola, Scirea, Buffon, Zoff etc make that such an outrageous claim. A rationale statement rather than one riddled with emotional discourse would have made that sentence you made look less ridiculous.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:24 pm

S wrote:Scumbag of the century

Ironic, considering the collective scumbuggery at juve atm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:27 pm

This is a thread dedicated to Totti, let's not turn this into a right back thread.

S, if you're simply going to try and provoke people, don't bother.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:45 pm

jibers wrote:

Meazza is the greatest. Then you have Baggio, Maldini, Mazzola, Scirea, Buffon,  Zoff etc make that such an outrageous claim. A rationale statement rather than one riddled with emotional discourse would have made that sentence you made look less ridiculous.

Rivera..
Rivera has really valid requisites to be rated as the best Italian ever.... Personally I believe Meazza was the best Prewar Italian player, and Rivera the best afterwar Italian player...
But anyway Totti has too. I don't get why it 'd be hilarious.
It's enough difficult to say who was the best than all tbh... but Totti must be included among the nomnations. I mean , I belong to faction ( minority ) that Totti > Baggio hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Robespierre wrote:
jibers wrote:

Meazza is the greatest. Then you have Baggio, Maldini, Mazzola, Scirea, Buffon,  Zoff etc make that such an outrageous claim. A rationale statement rather than one riddled with emotional discourse would have made that sentence you made look less ridiculous.

Rivera..
Rivera has really valid requisites to be rated as the best Italian ever..
It's enough difficult to say who was the best than all... but Totti must be included among the nomnations. I mean , I belong to faction ( minority ) that Totti > Baggio hmm

Yea Gig for sure is therei. For me coaches ruined Baggios career such as Lippi. But Lippis success with Juventus proved that he made the right choice. Baggio was more talented than Totti though and if Italy won the WC in 94, Baggio would be hailed as the greatest. Shame.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Pirlo Best Italian player for me

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Although I really like Pirlo, I don't that is remotely the case.

Anyway, for Totti.

Legend, and I hope he wins the scuedetto this year.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:42 pm

I wasn't watching the game with an English stream so I didn't even know Totti had hit a milestone until I read this thread lol.

In my time as a fan of the game, I don't think I've seen a better Italian attacker than Totti honestly. Perhaps Del Piero or Baggio, but I think Totti is simply much more transcendent as not only a player, but as a personality within Serie A. His legacy and impact on not just Roma, but the league will be more far-reaching when he finally retires, I believe.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Saw video of totti and adp reading jokes on totti passed out laughing. Hilarious

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Robespierre wrote:
jibers wrote:

Rivera..
Rivera has really valid requisites to be rated as the best Italian ever.... Personally I believe Meazza was the best Prewar Italian player, and Rivera the best afterwar Italian player...
It's enough difficult to say who was the best than all tbh... but Totti must be included among the nomnations. I mean , I belong to faction ( minority ) that Totti > Baggio hmm

Robes Proud

Rivera was voted best Italian of 20th century. IMO best Italian ever. He is criminally underrated. Even some Milan fans don't even put him on Milan all time XI.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Robes if you're reading this, is Valentino Mazzola still regarded in Italy as the best ever or new generations don't even know about him ?

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:Pirlo Best Italian player for me

Agreed Cool
also I vote this guy for most awesome name ever.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:12 pm

nichabr wrote:
Pirloisjesus wrote:Pirlo Best Italian player for me

Agreed Cool
also I vote this guy for most awesome name ever.
banana

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Pirlo's Beard is arguably the most beautiful thing in existence after Pirlo himself (No homo)
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 pm

jibers wrote:

Yea  Gig for sure is therei. For me coaches ruined Baggios career such as Lippi. But Lippis success with Juventus proved that he made the right choice. Baggio was more talented than Totti though and if Italy won the WC in 94, Baggio would be hailed as the greatest. Shame.
In the order Baggio was "ostracized" by Lippi,  Sacchi ( Zola in place of him for Euro 96. Then Zola will miss the penalty kick against Germany Laughing ) , Tabarez ( Baggio was the Marco Simone ‘s sub lol) , Fabio Capello ( sold to Bologna under him ) , Ancelotti ( not signed for Parma because of tactical reasons, he played just with 442 )  Trapattoni ( not called up for WC 2002 ).
Now ok Lippi is scumbag and Tabarez is probably shit but it means something imo....I’d say many things about it but it is not the adapted thread probably he was a perfect GOAT player for 70’s – 80’s but he met the Sacchian era

Anyway about Baggio-Totti to come back on topic , for me Baggio had  more genius than him , I believe no Italian players had his genius , but imo Totti is a player more modern than him and he is more complete than him.
Totti could ( It’s time to talk in past (: )   play CAM ,  as CF, Totti could play EVEN as winger , everywhere he played he was great, he can  play with right foot and left foot at same way . Player incredibly complete . TACTICALLY and for bag of tricks.
This is the main reason because he was always rated as central from every manager , unlike Baggio.
Anyone could object Totti is the Roma, so he couldn’t be benched even if he ‘d been shite a day . While Baggio who gave his best with Italy while he wasn’t a real difference maker with the 3 top Giants hadn’t same mutal feeling.
But Totti wasn’t just Italy. I mean , Totti was the N°10 of his generation (and it was a golden generation , with real competition )  easily. He was always called up for every W.Cup and EuroCup and as starter, and I remind always a thing to underline his greatness.
Totti had an awful injury before of WC 2006. Basically he had just an usable feet for WC 2006. Although this, and although the Italy manager was Lippi (the same manager who  raised  Del Piero at the point of overstepping Baggio in that Juve ) , the starter of that Italy was Totti , and not Del Piero.
His greatness  is clear and it is weighed from facts. About this goal , I wouldn’t hype though . It was on clear offside Laughing  tbh it makes me sad to think he can score just  in this way now . I’ve read many congratulations for Totti to have scored again old 39 years but imo it was sad as if you applaud an old man because he can still walk .. with the walking stick . It hurts to say it, but he should retire

M99 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
jibers wrote:

Rivera..

Robes Proud

Rivera was voted best Italian of 20th century. IMO best Italian ever. He is criminally underrated. Even some Milan fans don't even put him on Milan all time XI.

^ I agree about the fact he is underrated. ( I specify, I thought this also before Gazzetta voted him. I don't care if he was Milan legend, I have even a photo with him , I was lucky to met him a day Proud It was the day after the derby won 4-2 by us Very Happy )
But it is not a case , it is because of Berlusconi.
Berlusconi ' s medias have built a world where  Berlusconi ' s impact was comprable with Mansour's impact in Manchester City.
Yes, Milan was going really to die if Berlusconi didn't  would have came, 2 relegations in Serie B and expecially they were close to bankrupt as Parma now, but Milan had also a glorious past though. Exactly, the Rivera era.
But Berlusconi tries to delete the Milan '60s so the Milan exists just since 80's since Ban Basten etc

Andrew_p wrote:Robes if you're reading this, is Valentino Mazzola still regarded in Italy as the best ever or new generations don't even know about him ?

No no , of course Valentino Mazzola is always mentioned among best Italians players ever , but basically imo in Italy there is indecision about who is the best, I mean we aren't talking about Brazil where Pelè is an axiom, or Germany with Beckenbauer or Argentina with Mar..... uhm or maybe not hmm (Harmonica alert ) . Most say Baggio . Expecially some years ago it was almost a gospel tbh. I never had this idea . Now the renumerative generation of Italian players gone asks some questions and for example if saying Totti > Baggio was rated as a heresy , now the number of ppl to think this it is increasing

the " faction"  Totti > Baggio ( it is going to be a debate in Italy with Totti close to retire ) has important names :

Dino Zoff , Gianni Rivera and Robespierre are among these to support the theory.

Anyway , if it can be interesting for you recently Gazzetta drew up its list of 20 best Italian players ever . It was :

Spoiler:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:10 pm

jibers wrote:

Meazza is the greatest. Then you have Baggio, Maldini, Mazzola, Scirea, Buffon, Zoff etc make that such an outrageous claim. A rationale statement rather than one riddled with emotional discourse would have made that sentence you made look less ridiculous.

*bleep* you with your opinion shoving it down our throats like it's a fact.

I'm glad you think Meazza is the greatest but you can't be so *bleep* thick as to think that in a team sport anybody can ever make an undisputed 'rational' claim about an individual player being the GOAT.

It's all subjective. If Sep thinks Totti is the greatest Italian player of all time, then he thinks Totti is the greatest Italian player and you can go shove your rational bs somewhere else.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:00 am

To me its Del Piero, although im sure there has to be better ones.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
jibers wrote:

I'm glad you think Meazza is the greatest but you can't be so *bleep* thick as to think that in a team sport anybody can ever make an undisputed 'rational' claim about an individual player being the GOAT.

It's all subjective. If Sep thinks Totti is the greatest Italian player of all time, then he thinks Totti is the greatest Italian player and you can go shove your rational bs somewhere else.
Totti - Page 4 2015-011

Last edited by jibers on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:33 pm

jibers wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:
jibers wrote:

Totti - Page 4 2015-010

#REKT #SIT THE *bleep* DOWN #RODGERSINFOREVERYEAHHHHHHHHHH
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:37 pm

On a more serious note, let's go back to the Totti party.

Favourite goal, and goooooooooooooooo.

My fav: Can't find the link but Roma vs Inter 1999. Totti vs R9. Only an average penalty, but the first goal I saw Totti score. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Totti (169) has 3rd most throughball's the last 5 seasons after Messi (236) and Fabregas (170).

Probably the best false 9 after Messi in this generation.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Robes ffs. So much passion, so much knowledge :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend