Red Alert
Fahim89
nj
29 posters

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Youth and Reserve Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Youth and Reserve Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:19 am

Problem with our youth is mentality to be honest.

That's the only thing that separates our "youngsters" as being the next "big" thing. They have the talent to play.  

Everyone you mentioned on that list isn't scared to play PL and that's what makes them so good. That, and well they have consistent game time. The players you mentioned don't change their game from reserves to when they play for the first team. They demand the ball, they play to their strengths / to how they want to play.

That's how Sterling actually got into the setup in the first team, he wasn't scared to play with "bigger" players around him and played to his strengths. Nowadays he can't get a game because the style doesn't suit him, and when he does get a game it's 1 game every 10 games or so and has no consistency in his game. He's also worked a lot on his defensive duties rather than his shooting which is a worry because his shots are terrible inconsistent. Sad 

Shelvey suffered the same fate as Sterling is right now btw. Let's just hope Sterling doesn't want to leave, and if he does leave it's actually on loan this time rather than selling our best prospect. :facepalm:

@McAgger: How well is Suso is going? Looking at just stats, he has 5 assists and 2 goals in 13 games. That's not too bad considering Almeria is pretty much last I guess. He tweeted himself playing for Liverpool saying "best club ever". Very Happy

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:50 am

Art Morte wrote:If out of Sterling, Ibe, Suso, Kelly, Yesil, Teixeira, Ilori even one progresses to be a first-team starter in the next couple of years, I'll be happy with that. That's pretty much the kind of probabilities you're dealing with in these matters anyway.
I disagree.

If you look at German, Dutch, French or Spanish teams; they have far greater success in making men out of kids. The reason is what you mentioned in a previous post.

We are caught between developing youth and buying developed players. While players like Kelly, Suso, Shelvey, Raheem, Wisdom got games only due to urgencies; these players (age 'n talent) would have played as a norm in those leagues.

We keep our young players safe in reserve league and expect them to develop into real players without any real tests.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 am

iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:If out of Sterling, Ibe, Suso, Kelly, Yesil, Teixeira, Ilori even one progresses to be a first-team starter in the next couple of years, I'll be happy with that. That's pretty much the kind of probabilities you're dealing with in these matters anyway.
I disagree.

If you look at German, Dutch, French or Spanish teams; they have far greater success in making men out of kids. The reason is what you mentioned in a previous post.

We are caught between developing youth and buying developed players. While players like Kelly, Suso, Shelvey, Raheem, Wisdom got games only due to urgencies; these players (age 'n talent) would have played as a norm in those leagues.

We keep our young players safe in reserve league and expect them to develop into real players without any real tests.
And this is what i feared when we missed out on the europa league, we needed that extra 6-10 games, to keep the players we had, and let the young ones devlop.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:35 am

Alberto will become third choice imo when we have Coutinho and Suso together back.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:49 pm

iftikhar wrote:
I disagree.

But no other league is as rich as the Prem. Young players get more chances in other leagues, because the clubs there cannot afford to buy as many "ready" players as Premiership clubs can. If you played, on average, the same number of young players in the Premier League as in, say, La Liga, you'd end up struggling because other clubs in the PL will field a greater number of players who are in their peak.

So comparisons should be done within the Premier League and when we look at first-team regulars there who have been at their clubs since teenagers, you don't get too many of them. Everton have Barkley, Manc United have Cleverley and Januzaj, Chelsea and City have pretty much no one, Arsenal have some because of Wenger's brilliance, Tottenham have Townsend, Newcastle have Shola Ameobi, lol. The numbers of promising youngsters who become good enough to play for their top-level Premiership clubs are small. And I don't think our current bunch of promising youngsters are going to make a great exception to this, I expect one or two of them to be regulars for us in a few years time, no more.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 pm

as I said previously if one of them makes a regular first team player and other 1-2 make even the squad players, we will save massive amounts on buying squad players and better concentrate on the so called marquee signings

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Nishank wrote:Alberto will become third choice imo when we have Coutinho and Suso together back.
I don't know why but i have an intuitive feeling about Alberto, he is going turn out BRILLIANT!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 pm

@ Art, point taken. But that's why we have to think creative if we want the investment in youth program to be meaningful.

We may take the 'Arsen Way' and take a risk with young players. Giving 3-4 players 10-15 games (subs and starts) once they are around 18. We took that gamble with Kelly, Raheem, Suso and Wisdom and I don't think we regret it. What we regret is we didn't keep up the good work.

Or we may send the players on loan to clubs where they will play regularly when they are around 18. If they perform (Suso) we slot him in our squad if they don't (Pacheco) we sell.

What we do now is simply fool around with our young players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Alberto needs to be given as many chances this season as possibly. I don't think he'll get many sniffs next season if Suso comes back and we do in fact sign another AM/CM.

So his only real shot of impressing is this year.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:31 pm

A player from Almeria wrote:Almeria have confirmed that youngster Joaquin Fernandez will train for the next 10 days in the youth ranks at Liverpool.

The 17-year-old defensive midfielder has been confirmed by his club as set to join up with the Premier League outfit’s academy side for the next week-and-a-half, as part of a clause inserted in the summer deal that saw Suso loaned out from Anfield to Almeria for the 2013-14 campaign.

The Almeria B regular is suspended for his side’s next game against Albacete as it is, but will return to the club on December 11.

The youngster has been capped at Under-16 and Under-17 level for Spain and has already attended several training sessions with Almeria’s senior side.
http://www.football-espana.net/38461/almeria-youth-sent-liverpool

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Jordan Lussey has put pen to paper on a long term contract. Good for him. Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Victorian teenager Jake Brimmer may realise his dream of playing for Reds

ENGLISH football giant Liverpool's visit to Australia earlier this year was not only a raging success on the field but off it as well with news the club is close to signing one of the country's rising stars.

Australia under-17s captain Jake Brimmer is on the brink of joining Craig Johnston, Harry Kewell, Brad Jones and Dean Bouzanis as those to have played for the famous Merseyside club.

At this stage, there is no confirmation of the deal from Liverpool's end. Brimmer, 16, recently posted an image on Facebook of himself in a Liverpool jersey, proclaiming: "My dream as a kid was to play for Liverpool, fair to say that dream has come true." The photo was taken during one of his two recent trials with the club.

The deal comes as no surprise.

In an interview with The Australian before the Reds' game against Melbourne Victory in July, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers revealed that the club's scouts had discovered a Victorian kid who was "a gem".

"We are always looking to bring in great young talent and our head of recruitment may have found one," Rodgers said. "I'm not sure where he (the scout) drove to, but he watched a game outside of Melbourne.The pitch was not in the best condition, but he spotted a kid who was absolutely outstanding. That's the sort of talent you have here."

Brimmer, a midfielder, is regarded as one of the best young talents in Australia.

Off the field he is described as a good kid who has his feet on the ground, knows what he wants and is at a stage of his football development where he needs to be challenged.

His father, Steve Brimmer, told The Australian the deal had not yet been done, but negotiations were at an advanced state.

"Yes, it is very exciting and we are happy, but there are a couple of little things that need to be sorted before it is a done deal," said Brimmer, who used to play in the Victorian Premier League.

He said he was aware of The Australian's story in July and confirmed it was his son Rodgers had been talking about.

Jake is expected to join Liverpool in July, once he has gained a European passport through his father's Maltese heritage.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/victorian-teenager-jake-brimmer-may-realise-his-dream-of-playing-for-reds/story-fn63e0vj-1226779272679#

Anyone remember the Australian mystery signing, about which we heard during Liverpool's Australian tour. Here he is cheers

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 pm

yeah I saw that, hopefully he makes it here. Rodgers got us excited with his hyping of the kid in the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:02 am

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler tweeted “A young lad just about to come on for a few mins for Liverpool in nextgen… Jordan Rossiter, big shout but potentially a young Stevie g..”

hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:32 pm

cheers Rossiter, Robbie you gawd Proud teach dem kids how you did it

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:38 am

Youth and Reserve Thread - Page 20 BbX5KNvCIAAKaE6

Rossiter training in the first team (he's 16). :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:32 am

He's already been included in a couple of match day squads this season also but didn't quite make the bench.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 am

Shocked i know he his hell of a player but at 16 :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:03 am

Meanwhile, manager Brendan Rodgers has called up Academy-based teenagers Jordan Rossiter and Brad Smith to his first-team squad for the Christmas period. “We’ve had Jordan and Brad training with us, two outstanding young players,” Rodgers said. “Brad has been out for a long time with an injury but he’s got a lot of the attributes to play for Liverpool. He’s super quick, gets high up the pitch naturally and wants to attack but can defend as well.

“Jordan’s got the tools to be a Liverpool player. I looked at him in training on Friday playing with first-team players and I thought ‘there’s a boy who you can take to Stamford Bridge and he’ll fight and pass and put his foot in’. It’s something I’ll look closely at.”

hmm 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 pm

That is some praise for a 16 year old Shocked

My hopes are so high for Rossiter it's insane ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Rossiter in the youth team that's about to play in 10 minutes, the match is being shown by lfc tv.

England have some strong talents in this age group including rossiter. Not sure what type of player hes gonna be though, a defensive minded midfielder or some sort of box to box enforcer
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Ibe with a good goal.

Within 5 minutes Blackpool equalize with a stunner.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah, it's great that someone as young as Rossiter is gathering so much praise. However, so many of these teenage promises end up being nothing special, so I'm not getting my hopes too high just yet.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Ibe is clearly too good for this level, running the show.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Nishank wrote:Ibe is clearly too good for this level, running the show.

That's why I was calling either him or Sterling to be loaned out. Ibe having to settle for reserve team football is no good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Nishank wrote:Ibe is clearly too good for this level, running the show.

That's why I was calling either him or Sterling to be loaned out. Ibe having to settle for reserve team football is no good.

"Young Jordon Ibe, what a talent he is," said Rodgers. "He's 17 years of age and he trains up with us in the first-team squad.

"He will need a loan period because he needs to get games, he needs to go and get the environment and get playing. But he's another one who we really see for the future. But he probably will need a loan period."
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next