BeautifulGame
mr-r34
Red Alert
McAgger
Nishankly
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | Empty Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League |

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 am

Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | Everton_4e15d3917b2b4330283897_93XvsEverton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | Liverpool_93X

Venue -
Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | Goodison%2BPark%2B9

The Reds make the short journey across Stanley Park aiming to record back-to-back league wins following last weekend's success over Reading.

Liverpool team news -
Lucas, Borini and Kelly are the long term concerns.

Pepe Reina is back in training at Melwood ahead of Liverpool's trip to Everton on Sunday and manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed he will assess the 'keeper's fitness levels over the coming days to see if he can feature in the game.
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/pepe-reina-injury-latest

Everton team news-

Everton are hopeful Marouane Fellaini (knee) will be fit for Sunday's Merseyside derby. Mad

Tony Hibbert could return from a calf injury but the Toffees are without Steven Pienaar, who serves a one-match ban for his sending-off against QPR.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

This will be the 219th Merseyside derby - Liverpool have 87 wins, Everton 66 wins, with 65 draws.
Everton have won just one of the last 11 Premier League meetings with Liverpool (W1, D3, L7).
There have been 20 red cards in this fixture during the Premier League era - six more than any other fixture in the division.

Everton

The Toffees have lost just one of their last 17 Premier League matches (W9, D7, L1) - September's 2-0 defeat by West Brom.
David Moyes has won just four of his 23 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions (13 defeats). All of those victories were at Goodison Park.
Everton have hit the woodwork 10 times in the league this season, more than any other team in the Premier League.
But they have scored 15 goals in eight games - their best tally at the equivalent stage of any Premier League season.

This will be a very tough game, Everton have started really strong this season.
This game is very important if we want to move further up the table as Fulham,Swansea,Newcastle/West Brom, Chelsea/United could drop points.

YNWA

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League |

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:01 am

ALSO THE TIME IS NOW GMT. SO ITS +5.30 HOURS FOR ME, CHECK YOUR WATCHES ACCORDINGLY.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League |

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:04 am

Can't Fckin wait.....HUGE HUGE game. These are the sort of matches where form goes out the window and players bleed for the shirt. I'm expecting a red card in the game whether it be our player or theirs.

bounce YNWA
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:10 am

Was waiting for this thread. Didn't want to make one as I was scared I would of got executed by you people. Razz

Even if Fellaini does start, I can see us dominating the midfield. He won't be match fit, and with such a high tempo and physical game, I cannot see him performing to the best of his ability.

Personally feel Gerrard will get through 90 minutes with the help of adrenaline and can see him being key to us if we win.

Allen looks set to start after being rested against Anzhi.

I'd personally bench Sahin for this one. He's just played 2 games in a week and doesn't look as if he has the physical attributes to handle this type of game - he struggled against Stoke and this will be much more difficult.

This means either Henderson or Shelvey will get the nod. It will most likely to be Jonjo as Hendo doesn't seem to be rated by Rodgers. Really hoping Jonjo doesn't get himself sent off. Razz

I'd start Assaidi and Suso on the wings to support Suarez. Assaidi has just had a brilliant game and Suso was rested. Sterling to come off the bench and attack the tiring defence could potentially create holes in their backline.

Suarez definitely needs a rest but we have no one else so he will start, unfortunately. He's going to get targeted. Sad He has a great record against Everton though - I'm certain he's scored in every game against them bar the Gerrard hattrick game. He was absolute key in that game though.

I'd personally start Jones over Reina. Reina isn't match fit and Jones has been solid so far. I feel it would just be unjust to bench Jones due to Reina's reputation when he's been the better keeper so far this season.

Where Johnson plays will also be interesting.

Personally can't wait for this game. I'm buzzing even though we play in 2 days...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 am

We play them tomorrow, That's one day!
Also im sorry, I had a big test today. I was studying yesterday as i missed a significant portion of the day cuz of sleeping after the Anzhi game. Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:19 am

That's fine mate. Your education > GoalLegacy. How'd your test go?

It's potentially two sleeps for me. The games on at 12AM Monday... Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:34 am

Last 5 meetings

England - FA Cup ‎(FA)‎ Apr 14, 2012 Liverpool 2 - Everton 1
England - Premier League ‎(EPL)‎ Mar 13, 2012 Liverpool 3 - Everton 0
England - Premier League ‎(EPL)‎ Oct 1, 2011 Everton 0 - Liverpool 2
England - Premier League ‎(EPL)‎ Jan 16, 2011 Liverpool 2 - Everton 2
England - Premier League ‎(EPL)‎ Oct 17, 2010 Everton 2 - Liverpool 0

Form

Liverpool - WWDLW

Everton - DDWLW

TBH i think we can nip this, form is out the window when it's a merseyside derby. Were really going to need a win here to climb back up the ladder, we do tend to do well against strong teams so I'm hoping we can get all 3 points. I'd start with

Renia(if fit)
Johnson Agger Skrtel Wisdom
Gerrard Alllen Shelvey
Assaidi Suarez Sterling

Assaidi was great last game, him and sterling can cause some issues down the flank. If Suarez has an off game we've lost tbh, i cant see us outscoring the toffees with our defense and their attack if Suarez doesn't score. Predict a high scoring game prob 3-2 or something. Red card is definitely going to happen, lets just hope its an evertonian.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 am

Interestingly Everton are adopting a similar style to us this season o hopefully the derby doesnt become a battle of bodies rather than football.

Couple of negatives make me feel pessimistic about our chances tomorrow.

Both Gerrard and Suarez are clearly exhausted and definitely need a break.So not sure how fit and refreshed they will be.Hopefully Moyes comments in the media riles Suraez up to put them to sword like he did to Norwich.

Also this is the first derby game for the likes of Sterling and Suso.Hopefully they arent intimidated by the atmosphere though i fear that might be what exactly happens.

I would start Assaidi over Suso if he is fit along with Suso on the wings.They dont have Pienear (suspended) so their most important source of attack is derprived and we should exploit Baines defensive fragility(without Pienear to help out in defense) by asking Sterling and Assaidi to exploit it.It would mean Baines attacking runs can be restricted too.

In midfield i would prefer Shelvy/Henderson to Sahin for the reasons YWNA said.Completely agree.

Also without Fellaini they didnt look that impressive against QPR and just scraped through.EVen if he is fit dont think he will be completely match fit so if we can dominate the midfield we are halfway through to victory.

Personally i fear we might lose 2-1 hopefully i am proven wrong.Need a big performance from our defnse to keep their strikers quiet.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:10 am

Am I the only that's hoping Sahin starts?? He was brilliant against Anzhi. If we ever needed him to play a game it's this one.

Jones
Wisdom-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
Allen
Gerrard-Sahin
Sterling-Suarez-Assaidi
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 am

Come on you Reds!

Everton need to calm down a bit and this is the best opportunity Twisted Evil
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:37 am

Goalkeeper + back four + Allen must have a good game, Everton are in good form and I'm sure they will cause us some problems at Goodison Park.

Suarez had a horrible game against Anzhi, I hope that was just a one-off and not a sign of fatigue or just poor form.

Assaidi made himself a case for starting this match, wouldn't mind seeing him and Sterling starting wide.

Slightly worried about the number of our players to whom this is their first Merseyside derby. There's going to be a few. Hopefully they can handle the pressure.

Can't wait!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am

One of the things Rodgers is great at is getting is players in the right mindset for each game. So i don't think pressure would be a problem for this game. And another thing I think is bogus is player fatigue. I mean if you're getting paid what these guys are getting and you can't play two matches of football in a week then gtfo son. Player fatigue is only understandable for older players over 30 like Stevie or Carra for example. Suarez, Sahin and co should have no problems of fatigue ffs. The best players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra) all play two games per week almost every week, so don't tell me these other guys cant do that. Razz I just had to share that, it grinds my gears.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 am

Dissagree with that Messiah.

Suarez has played in every game for us. He's had no breaks what so ever in the league and has only been given some Europa games off. He's had to travel to go all around the world to play for Uruguay for the WC qualifiers. He came back and played more football for Liverpool.

Not even 2 weeks ago, Suarez has had to play in high altitude for Uruguay. He came back 3 days later (with no training) and demanded to play against Reading. Not even 5 days later he has to vs Anzhi (and you saw his performance - he wasn't as good as he was absolutely tired). Playing against Everton would do him more harm than good.

His body needs a rest both physically and mentally. He has no cover (other than Borini... who's injured) which means he plays every game. This is why I would of rather saw Yesil or Morgan play against Anzhi. I could understand it was a must-win game for Rodgers but we're not doing Suarez any favours.

Luis dedication is probably one of his better features and his persistence in wanting to win. But if we don't manage him properly, he's going to burn out as a player sooner than later.

Let's not forget he gets no favours from referees and is constantly being kicked and stepped on with the opposition players getting on with it and has played injured in the last couple of games. (Huth stepped on him; he has a sore wrist etc)

At the end of the day he is only human. He needs a rest.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 am

It's hard to tell on fatigue, when it's playing a part and when not.

I bet most / all of these players can play a game on a Saturday, Thursday and Sunday and feel as good as ever before each match only to notice fatigue taking its toll on their performance level in the second half.

That's my own experience from sports anyway, feeling 100% before an hour of sports only to notice 30 minutes into the exercise that I'm more tired than I should be.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Should we continue with Wisdom or should we revert to Glen (RB) & Enrique!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Tomorrow marks that day when two historic football clubs take the field in Merseyside in one of the most Competitive Football Derbies there was, is & will be. A game that has been historically marked in folklore, songs & bed night stories. A competition between two clubs which has been followed, praised & worshiped not only by the people of the city it represents but countless millions.

It is a game of football of two sets of colors of Merseyside the Reds against The Blues. Legends have been made, dreams have come true, obstacles have been accomplished. Also wishes have been broken, tears have been shed & prayers have fallen short. Yet the rivalry sores on.

I cannot promise you a win, nor a draw & neither a loss. I cannot assure you how clinical we would be in offense, how solid we would be in defense, how fluent we would be in our movements. But i can tell you this that 11 men would give their heart & soul & anything more that they can conjure to fight for the jubilation that a victory would bring us. I can promise you that any human man or child, young or old, would fight till the last bit of energy left in their body to make you PROUD. And in return i request you only this, be proud of every single second the men in Red spend in the field. Every tackle they make, every pass they make, every shot they make & every time they score make sure any one in the proximity of 10 blocks or yards, or miles knows who you represent.

Call me blind, deaf or dumb. . .

Tomorrow,
If i am blind I will only see RED. .
If i am deaf i will only hear LIVERPOOL. . .
&
If i am dumb i will only sing for you . . . YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.

No matter what happens this is important, i mean this is vital, this is everything, that we know . . . . . WE ARE LIVERPOOL
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:02 pm

So Fahim is back with his igniting words :bow:
had some unavoidable schedule for tomorrow's match but after reading above post, I have to discard them,
I have a feeling we will win tomorrow,
--I just read about everton team on a blog, that this season their many attacks have come from left (46% passes), most of the times a trinagle made by baines, piennar and fellaini...the good thing is two of them will not start tomorrow (hopefully fellaini wont start) :coffee:
--they had very similar game plan many matches, baggies decoded it and in that match, they were forced to play on the right side more, so the result was defeat for them
--unlike other top EPL teams, they believe more in crosses, Baines 2nd most successful left back giving crosses and accurate passes..so if we are able to restict these crosses, they will have less chances to score albino
--hopefully, sterling will keep baines busy high up the pitch in everton half
--the only dangeour is Everton are very spontaneous in getting ball forward, giving less time for defenders to think, so if we handle this, we will avoid their goal scoring chances
-- and I am sure BR does perfect homework before each game, so he will not miss this one, so I am sure tactically we will get this one right
-- so I am sure about 3 points in pocket, tomorrow banana

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Fahim :bow: :bow:

Heil, great analysis on the tactics. You are %100 right if we put pressure on their left side that maybe they'll have to attack through the right. Jelavic is a very big threat, but if crosses are restricted into the box then his threat becomes limited since most of his goals come from one-touch finishes from crosses.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 pm

yes, Messiah you are absolutely right...after reading your post I saw Jelavic goals and he scored four goals this season and (i guess) three of them came from one touch finishing...cant wait for the match to start bounce

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCAintQuiteHistory Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:13 am

anyone know if Fellaini if fit to play this game? because Everton looked lost going forward without him last week, also judging from last weeks performance its a good thing for Everton Pienaar isn't allowed to play Smile

LFCAintQuiteHistory
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 am

NEW LFC FAN :bow: :bow: :bow:

Please stay, we don't bite. GL is an amazing community bounce
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCAintQuiteHistory Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:28 am

haha thanks Razz, i plan on staying Very Happy

Ive been reading up here for abit and many great posters in the LFC section Very Happy

LFCAintQuiteHistory
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:28 am

LFCAintQuiteHistory wrote:haha thanks Razz, i plan on staying Very Happy

Ive been reading up here for abit and many great posters in the LFC section Very Happy

you must've been lurking with a name like that. we don't bite, but the trolls in the general section might. Laughing

welcome cheers
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 am

8 hours to go pale
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 am

5 hours bounce
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next