Halo 4.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Halo 4.

Post by McLewis on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:04 am

Just picked it up today. Will start it out either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Pretty stoked to see how this looks.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 am

I loved the campaign. The multiplayer was a breath of fresh air.
Nothing like call of duty. Yes there's loadouts but it's not like their's 20+ guns to choose from.

I was thinking of selling it a while back but i decided on keeping because I plan on playing it again soon as well as Sleeping Dogs which is still one of my favorites.
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Just started playing online after finishing the campaign, which was awesome. Great multiplayer so far

19 kills, 9 deaths and 15 assists in my last match with 32 medals Proud

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:44 am

@Swanhends wrote:Today has been a MUCH better experience than yesterday...

The customization nonsense still bothers me, but for someone like me thats just something I have to deal with the first day and then Ill probably barely ever touch that stuff again

The one thing that I truly truly don't like at all are the powerups....holograms, jet packs, etc etc - I think that stuffs f*cking stupid, and I'm not sold on the maps yet, Im a big fan of smaller, more symmetrical maps like Midship in H2, but those are both things that can either be avoided or improved.

Also....I think Ordinance is pretty dumb too but whatever

Regardless of all of this the battle rifle and DMR (which are basically the core of the game) have been so DRASTICALLY improved and that makes gameplay wayyy better, so I'm starting to grow into it

Its not what it used to be but it seems to be way better than any other FPS out there so

Just reading this post has made me realise something....

Halo and Gears have both been CoDified Laughing

Customization nonsense- Tick

Removing smaller and symmetrical maps which seem to be a staple of original trilogy of both games for favour of bigger maps with power weapons scattered everywhere and no real emphasis on using Power weapons for map control- Tick

Balancing weapons to make gameplay actually more enjoyable to keep you hooked enough and then release maps that you enjoy on DLC a few months down the line- Tick

I didn't realise this before but the design choices and marketing choices are pretty identical and also lean on the casual crowd immensely Laughing

I actually enjoyed Halo 4 more though for the little time i did play it, although i'm nowhere near as good at Halo.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Push comes to shove, the Sci-fi geek in me will always prefer Halo over more realistic, contemporary franchises like CoD. I guess most of us are going to end up in one camp or the other eventually.

Though I'm loving the look of Battlefield 4...might have to get in on that one.

I have never played an FPS online long enough to be as good some of these guys are so I will be playing this game until the next one comes out basically. Will be interesting to see how far I can go.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:58 pm

@McLewis wrote:Push comes to shove, the Sci-fi geek in me will always prefer Halo over more realistic, contemporary franchises like CoD. I guess most of us are going to end up in one camp or the other eventually.

Oh no doubt i'm in the same boat, i always loved Sci-fi FPS over the years and sadly there are very few of them around these days.

Where is Timesplitters, Perfect Dark, Unreal Tournament etc etc?

I wish they would make more as the realistic shooters bore me to death tbh.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Moal :bow: Timesplitters 2 is perhaps my GOAT FPS..so much fun.

Man, I liked Halo 4, more than Gears and the recent COD installments, it's a shame the release date was a week before COD, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. All my friends jumped to COD as I'd expected, and well, it's not much fun playing alone, regardless of how good the gameplay is.

Sure, it clearly took some of the COD formula, but in my opinion what it implemented only improved it, and it's not like in doing so it sacrificed the Halo identity. Assassinations were fun.
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Moal finally seeing the light of Halo. Thumbs up
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo