BarcaKizz
FCBarça
billy_gr
gondov
The Sanchez
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:54 am

Bartra had a solid game. Yes, he made a small mistake when he left that ball to Valdes, but more than the mistake, I was very impressed by his reaction: he was super fast in recovering position and blocked Samaras shot with a lot of strength and determination. That's a great hope as Bartra used to be a soft defender, and he showed just the opposite there. I hope Mascherano hits the bench hard. He is probably our worst player currently.

Also, glad to see Alves playing at good level again! Didn't mess up defensively, was energetic and even managed two good crosses out of 20, which is better than usual.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA CL Round 4 Group Stages: Celtic vs FC Barcelona

Post by eelir Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am

Well i said and still stick to it. We need Lorente as a super sub for such teams. The only problem is he wont agree to the role of super sub. Maybe with Villa getting old we should go for him.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 am

Nah, we don't need it. We are scoring vs. every team this year, even those that park the bus extremely well like Celtic. We didn't win because we were weak defensively and didn't bury some of the chances we had, not because we can't create in attack.

Pique is our supersub for those 10 minutes a year.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

The point is to have a super-sub not have pique go forward for last 10 min. That's how Chelsea got us last time, while our defenders were completely in oppositions half.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am

Btw, Wanyama and Forster look like super players. Wouldn't mind signing them, and they are both young (21 and 24).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am

I cannot be bothered debating such pointless and obvious stuff. To be 100% blunt and honest, I disagree with nearly everything you say and your opinion to me, is worth almost nothing. So maybe its best I just skip right over your post because its obviously a waste of my time.

BC, I agree, he did have some good actions. In these games though, where the opponant doesnt attack much, its more about what errors you avoid.

Free brings up Bartra and Alves, for good reason. Minus that one mistake, Bartra was good I felt. He showed good speed too when he was in a difficult situation with Samaras. But that half error aside he did pretty well, good on the ball, good positionally. What I dont understand is how he is trusted for these games but not La Liga ones.

Dani Alves was very good, one of the better players with his energy and passing. He really does make a difference when he plays like that.

I also think its worth talking about set pieces. Someone needs to figure out what Alba was doing in that position...if that was the plan, what on earth are you thinking putting someone that small in such an important area. Granted we dont have loads of options, but he would be almost last on my list to have there.

And we dont need no Llorente...this plan B, targetman nonesense has to stop.

Last edited by The Franchise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

free_cat wrote:Btw, Wanyama and Forster look like super players. Wouldn't mind signing them, and they are both young (21 and 24).

Agree. Wanyama to me looks a better, faster version of Song.

Forster looked a bit questionable with his kicking, but his size and shot stopping are fantastic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 pm

I think his kicking is very good, he made numerous passes to Samaras in the first game. His short passing and composure is a question mark though.

I also don't know if Wanyama is technical enough. He looked great in all ways, but I don't think he is as technical as Song.

Apart from these 2 question marks, they are definitely great players.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Well maybe I am being harsh, I only remember him doing only one long kick which went out for a throw in. And I didnt see any short passes I think.

I dont know about Wanyama's technique, I think its fair to say we need to see them more often. But he showed very good composure when he was being pressed, turned out of pressure and into space very well on a few occassions.

I think he is better defensively than Song for sure, while being close with the ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 pm

In the first game, the most successful passing connection was between Forster and Samaras. Very Happy

I read that somewhere.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

LOL Actually now you said it, I remember reading that too. I think that has alot to do with Samaras size, but yeah, for that to happen he has to have been making good kicks. Maybe im being a bit harsh about that 1 kick out of play.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:42 pm

You both read my article then Very Happy That was me who said it lol.

Agree on Bartra, looked good and shouldn't have been taken off as I said.

I'd be comfortable with Bartra and Pique, his pace can compliment it nicely. He isn't Pique 2.0.

Really like Forster and Wanyama and Ambrose. Mulgrew was good too. However, difficult to talk about them playing here. We haven't really seen them do 'Barca type' play at all in these games...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:32 pm

The Franchise wrote:I cannot be bothered debating such pointless and obvious stuff. To be 100% blunt and honest, I disagree with nearly everything you say and your opinion to me, is worth almost nothing. So maybe its best I just skip right over your post because its obviously a waste of my time.

BC, I agree, he did have some good actions. In these games though, where the opponant doesnt attack much, its more about what errors you avoid.

Free brings up Bartra and Alves, for good reason. Minus that one mistake, Bartra was good I felt. He showed good speed too when he was in a difficult situation with Samaras. But that half error aside he did pretty well, good on the ball, good positionally. What I dont understand is how he is trusted for these games but not La Liga ones.

Dani Alves was very good, one of the better players with his energy and passing. He really does make a difference when he plays like that.

I also think its worth talking about set pieces. Someone needs to figure out what Alba was doing in that position...if that was the plan, what on earth are you thinking putting someone that small in such an important area. Granted we dont have loads of options, but he would be almost last on my list to have there.

And we dont need no Llorente...this plan B, targetman nonesense has to stop.

Thats what I was wondering too.I think Alba's poor handling just shows how good a defender Alves is.
Normally he is the one covering that far post area and he does a brilliant job of it.He is excellent in the air for his size and he almost always puts in a clearing header at that far post area.I have lost count of the amount of times he has put in a clearing header at the far post both off of setpieces and off of regular play on the counter with a player lurking just behind him.
He is very good at that.
So why was Alba in that area?I havent been paying a lot of attention to our setpiece defending.But can someone clarify if Alba has been covering that space in other games too?He is really poor at defending on the ground,let alone in the air.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:38 pm

In this game it should have been Alves far post, Song and Bartra covering central threats and Masch covering near post.

Alba short corner.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Bartra was good? Yeah against a team that parked the bus and barely attacked I can be good too. Watch him against a better team who actually attacks, that's when you can see if a player is worthy or not.

No discrediting him at all but any comment on his defensive capabilities based on that match should be saved for later.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3