Valkyrja
RealGunner
Mamad
BarrileteCosmico
Blue Barrett
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent Empty Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent 315719_468167699890938_794738985_n

I think Spain would still come out on top.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent Empty Re: Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Iniesta said he feels Catalan hmm

Cat's only problem would be finishing up front with that team, otherwise it's essentially Barca which makes me think they would beat Spain. Bojan, Deulofeu might play.

Onn the Spanish side Soldado on the wing? That team could be set up better. For starters Spain doesn't even play a 4-3-3 and playing Xabi as a lone DM is as good as giving up before the game starts. I'd probably go for:

Casillas
Iraola Ballesteros Ramos Azpi
Javi - Xabi
Silva - Isco - Iniesta
Villa

That team is still good enough that I couldn't find a place for both Borja and Mata Shocked but it's still not what it could be... Which makes me think of how much weakened the Spanish team would be without both Catalans and Basque (Azpi, Iraola, Javi, Xabi in that team).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent Empty Re: Spain Vs Catalonia - If Catalonia were independent

Post by Mamad Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm

No Cazorla?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Spain. And like Mamad said, If we put Cazorla on the right instead of Soldado then that's a better team.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Casillas
Arbeloa Dominguez Ramos Jose Enrique
Xabi Javi
Silva Iniesta Cazorla
Llorente

Subs : Reina, De Gea, Azpilicueta, Dominguez, Ballesteros, Montreal, Benat, Thiago, Romeu, Mata, Isco , Navas, Pedro, Torres, Muniain

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Solid list here.

Although Javi is just too good in the midfield to be wasted as CB there aren't many other options bar San Jose and Botia. Although Naxto can play CB so in therefore I'd put Aurtunexte in there who would slot in seamlessly. Then again there is Enrique who has been in excellent form.

Iraola is an excellent choice while Azpi would work perfectly as his replacement.

Benat could be an excellent replacement for Xabi while Silva doesn't deserve to start ahead of Ander who has been better than him for a long time now.

Soldado wouldn't fit on the right so Cazorla would be a better option while Llorente is the best possible option to replace Villa if injured. Muniain or Navas would also be a better option on the right.

Espana would win it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 pm

i would pick this for Spain

Iker
Carvajal-Ramos-Javi-Monreal
Benat-Xabi
Mata-Silva-Iniesta
Soldado

Once Puyol retires i dont exactly know who would keep Barca from conceding lol, Botia??? I definately think Spain would run rampage. Apart from Xavi and Busi the catalunya side looks really average. Xavi is finished who is the next him??? Cesc?? rofl.

But seriously if they split it will be a no show, Catalunya will struggle to win games. i can still remember the game against Argentina for them Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i would pick this for Spain

Iker
Carvajal-Ramos-Javi-Monreal
Benat-Xabi
Mata-Silva-Iniesta
Soldado

Once Puyol retires i dont exactly know who would keep Barca from conceding lol, Botia??? I definately think Spain would run rampage. Apart from Xavi and Busi the catalunya side looks really average. Xavi is finished who is the next him??? Cesc?? rofl.

But seriously if they split it will be a no show, Catalunya will struggle to win games. i can still remember the game against Argentina for them Laughing

I hope you're joking, I really do.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Carjaval :bow: new Chendo :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 am

Mamad wrote:No Cazorla?
Knew I was forgetting someone. Yeah maybe Cazorla instead of Isco. Doesn't really make that big a difference. The depth Spain have in midfield is outstanding. If they were allowed to field 3 teams they would all be the best passers in international football.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:58 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Once Puyol retires i dont exactly know who would keep Barca from conceding lol, Botia??? I definately think Spain would run rampage. Apart from Xavi and Busi the catalunya side looks really average. Xavi is finished who is the next him??? Cesc?? rofl.
Xavi is finished? Laughing You wish.

I think Catalonia would win if Iniesta plays for them (given that he said he feels Catalan I don't think it's a stretch). Cesc as false 9 like for Spain. Otherwise it's more hard-fought but I don't see a clear winner. I'm assuming that they would play the same 4-3-3 Barca plays, and frankly I don't see Spain as having an answer for the possession game. Xabi is nearly useless against it, as proved time and time again, so they wouldn't really have more numbers in midfield. They would have to press Cat constantly and and frankly I'm not sure if Del Bosque's team works hard enough to pull it off. If Pep coaches Catalonia then even better. Only problem I see is the lack of a finisher to settle the game, which might even the chances a bit more than I'm making it seem.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Once Puyol retires i dont exactly know who would keep Barca from conceding lol, Botia??? I definately think Spain would run rampage. Apart from Xavi and Busi the catalunya side looks really average. Xavi is finished who is the next him??? Cesc?? rofl.
Xavi is finished? Laughing You wish.

I think Catalonia would win if Iniesta plays for them (given that he said he feels Catalan I don't think it's a stretch). Cesc as false 9 like for Spain. Otherwise it's more hard-fought but I don't see a clear winner. I'm assuming that they would play the same 4-3-3 Barca plays, and frankly I don't see Spain as having an answer for the possession game. Xabi is nearly useless against it, as proved time and time again, so they wouldn't really have more numbers in midfield. They would have to press Cat constantly and and frankly I'm not sure if Del Bosque's team works hard enough to pull it off. If Pep coaches Catalonia then even better. Only problem I see is the lack of a finisher to settle the game, which might even the chances a bit more than I'm making it seem.

He said that he is Spanish but that he also feels Catalan. I am certain that he would play for Spain..

I would give the edge to Spain. Catalunya has a better defence and a more balanced midfield(not certain Alonso can play as the only DM) but Spain has a better keeper and a much, much better forward line that would give the edge in favour of Spain.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Isn't Bojan catalan ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Barcelona's lineup vs Levante:
Valdes
Montoya Pique Puyol Alba
Xavi Busquets Cesc

The difference between Barcelona and Catalunya are: Messi, Iniesta and Pedro.
Messi doesn't for Spain either... With play like Bojan Tello Cuenca Vazquez, they can replace Pedro.. The only one who makes difference IMO is Iniesta! (I think if this ever happened, he'll play for Spain)...

At the back and midfield Catalonia has great players and talented players coming soon.. So, I don't think they will have any problem in this defence or midfield..
Botia, Bartra, Fontas, Ruiz, Sergi Gomez etc. all we'll do well and fit the system and one of them will be good enough to join Pique, Alba and Montoya in the defence..

In the midfield, Iniesta will play for Spain most probably, but I have doubts about Thiago and for which team he will choose, but didn't he choose spain because of Barcelona? Maybe play for Brazil (can he?)...

Midfield with players like Cesc Xavi Busquets.. Verdu Javi Marquez Sergi Roberto Romeu and many talents coming through the ranks, again no problem for Catalonia in the midfield...

The only problem IMON is the forwards.. Cuenca, Tello, Vazquez, Bojan are talented but how good will they be in the next few years? And we'll Deulofeu prove himself at the top level, cause if he can do it.. I think Catalonia will be a team to beat and we'll compete for titles in the future..

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Deja Vu wrote:I hope you're joking, I really do.

i knew i would get slated for it but i really do think so, i think he has stepped up this year and is alot more productive as oppose to how he was last season but i still don't think he makes alot of difference these days.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Oriol Romeu is catalan btw...

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:I hope you're joking, I really do.

i knew i would get slated for it but i really do think so, i think he has stepped up this year and is alot more productive as oppose to how he was last season but i still don't think he makes alot of difference these days.

Why? Cuz he doesn't get as many assists as he used to during his 1st two seasons under Pep? He plays a tad deeper now and his job on the pitch is to maintain possession and create openings for Villa and Pedro or whoever is on the wings. He might doesn't get as many assists but he sure is the man who starts the attacks for Barca. He basically controls the flow of the game and gives his teammates some time to catch their breaths.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I just finished an article on a potential Catalan XI. Explains my choice.

I have to note that I tried my best to include players from other teams and I'm aware that the inclusion of Cuenca or Tello may be better. However, I wanted to mix it up a bit.

Have a read! Thanks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1426190-fabregas-pique-and-a-potential-independent-catalan-xi
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Deja Vu wrote:Why? Cuz he doesn't get as many assists as he used to during his 1st two seasons under Pep? He plays a tad deeper now and his job on the pitch is to maintain possession and create openings for Villa and Pedro or whoever is on the wings. He might doesn't get as many assists but he sure is the man who starts the attacks for Barca. He basically controls the flow of the game and gives his teammates some time to catch their breaths.
He stopped getting many assists ages ago. But he really regressed alot the last two seasons.

His sideways passing was useless for Barca last season and they struggled to actually create on many of the away games. He was even benched many times. He is slightly better this season but still he is finished
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Best midfield?

Catalan: Xavi - Busi - Fabregas
Basque: Arteta - Javi - Xabi
Spain: Silva - Borja - Iniesta
(not convinced that's the best non-independence Spain lineup, maybe someone can come up with a better one)

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Imo Catalunya has a better midfield Razz ... But I would swith Cazorla for Iniesta...

Last edited by harhar11 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I meant midfield, not defence)

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

True forgot about the don somehow lol
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

so I came here to post my opinion but instead I've read the sad news of Xavi's career end. now i'm sitting on my bed crying. can't post in this thread anymore. it's a glorious day for Madrid. rejoice...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 pm

billy_gr wrote:so I came here to post my opinion but instead I've read the sad news of Xavi's career end. now i'm sitting on my bed crying. can't post in this thread anymore. it's a glorious day for Madrid. rejoice...
I don't see news of this anywhere.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:19 pm

He's referring to the "Xavi is finished" comment.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum