jibers
7amood11
guest7
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
89 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by jibers Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am

Arquitecto wrote:Best fullback in the world rofl

I don't do drugs nor endorse it but I must say I am tempted now.

tbh Arq the state of fbs atm is the worst in my lifetime. ffs De Sciglio has claim to being the best fullback.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcelo: I consider myself the best full-back in the world

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 am

jibers wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Best fullback in the world rofl

I don't do drugs nor endorse it but I must say I am tempted now.

tbh Arq the state of fbs atm is the worst in my lifetime. ffs De Sciglio has claim to being the best fullback.

De Sciglio has the claim of being the best U-21 Fullback and so far he has been nothing but pristine (a little shaky though) and complete which is why we revere him so much. Nobody called him the best fullback.

Nonetheless Marcelo no matter what the state of fullbacks simply cannot be considered even the best Left Back.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I wonder how many of you have actually seen Felipe play enough to judge him hmm

Seriously, I doubt you can judge a player by his big games only. If that was the case Marcelo would be undoubtedly the best fullback imo. He always produces magical moments in bigger games.

Anyway, Marcelo is saying what most legends have been saying for a while (RC3, Maradonna & Maldini) :coffee: It's the truth, deal with it yall
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm

:bow: How much we miss this guy...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Se7en wrote:
Seriously, I doubt you can judge a player by his big games only. If that was the case Marcelo would be undoubtedly the best fullback imo. He always produces magical moments in bigger games.

hmm

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

free_cat wrote:
Se7en wrote:

hmm

Do you judge him based on the 5-0 ? What about the other clasicos ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

So Real Madrid have the best LB in the world (Marcelo), the best CB in the world (Pepe), Top 3 CB (Ramos), Best goalkeeper in the world (Casillas).

Does Real Madrid have the best defence in the world? How can anyone break this top defence? This is unfair to other clubs Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Ramos is shit, Pepe is 2nd best CB after Silva, and yes Marcelo is the best, so is Iker and we do have the best in La Liga so far. Conceded the least :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Kizu wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Se7en wrote:

hmm

Do you judge him based on the 5-0 ? What about the other clasicos ?

First video is another clasico maybe?
And I could go on and fine other times where marcelo was really average in big games.

The thing is that Marcelo is a great fullback going forward, but average in defence. Attacking wise yes, he is the best full back in the world tied with some other FBs, defensive wise there are plenty (50+) of FB better than him.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 pm

1. He isn't a fullback

2. Filipe is better.

Se7en wrote:Ramos is shit, Pepe is 2nd best CB after Silva, and yes Marcelo is the best, so is Iker and we do have the best in La Liga so far. Conceded the least :coffee:

Ramos is shit suddenly hmm

I was right cheers

Pepe best CB after Silva Laughing he makes mistakes in almost every big game you play Laughing

I don't deny Mehcelo is great going forward though and CR misses him to link up with.

But best LB? naw, Santon is a better LB. Laughing

Best LWB? probably.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Well, it is in the spirit with a lot of other RM players. For some people this attitude helps them keep a good form, others do not say it publicly, but still think it. Whatever floats his boat. But do not act all stuck-up when people express their opinion and say he is not the best or he is crap. Once you start this shit, it goes both ways Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Lol at this thread. I read that 3rd place Madrid has the best defence and Dortmund won because Marcelo didn't play. The quality of posts in this forum are at an all time low!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:1. He isn't a fullback

2. Filipe is better.

Se7en wrote:Ramos is shit, Pepe is 2nd best CB after Silva, and yes Marcelo is the best, so is Iker and we do have the best in La Liga so far. Conceded the least :coffee:

I was right cheers

Pepe best CB after Silva Laughing he makes mistakes in almost every big game you play Laughing

I don't deny Mehcelo is great going forward though and CR misses him to link up with.

Best LWB? probably.

Pepe makes mistakes in big games ? Best joke I've seen since I joined this site. He is a rock in big games.

@ saying that Marcelo is tied with some other fb's attacking wise is another joke, just like saying that there are 50+ fb's better than him defensive wise.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 pm

You must have missed that pass to Lewandowski and the piss poor positioning for Schmelzer's goal that defeated you in Dortmund Laughing

Also Marcelo is great going forward but no one denied that but he can't defend and has hardly any defensive responsibilities and thus isn't a LB.

Actually no the best joke you have seen since joining this site is saying Ronaldo is better than Messi when you started watching football in 2003 Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Kizu wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:1. He isn't a fullback

2. Filipe is better.

I was right cheers

Best LWB? probably.

Pepe makes mistakes in big games ? Best joke I've seen since I joined this site. He is a rock in big games.

WTF Laughing

TBH Mole Pepe has concentration issues but on his game he is up there. If we rate him by ability only he is 2nd imo. I realize his mistakes are such a big part of his game now but it's easy to ignore becouse of how brilliant he can be when he is on his game.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

He considers himself the best full back because he believes in himself.
Is what he said.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

I rate Pepe but he's a too inconsistent for me to consider him the 2nd best in the world....

Fair enough if you do then i'll leave it at that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:25 pm

why is Silva still rated the best btw??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

I saw 3 PSG games with Silva this year... 2 very early and the one this weekend. He is beyond a doubt the best CB in the world. Why? He's the complete package. Positionally flawless, the best there is on the ball, great anticipation and directs the back line like a general. HM2... he's like Ramos but with 100x the ability. He just never loses his cool. Incredible player. Pepe, Ramos and others are nowhere near his level just because they have clear flaws in their game. He does not.

If vidic were healthy and on form, i'd say Silva and Vidic were clearly the best 2 CBs in the world. Right now, it's just Silva.

And btw, Marcelo is the best fullback in the world. I was a harsh critic of his. But he's cleaned up defensively to be ok and is a genius on the attack.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Ganso wrote:He said left back on the interview and it's not like thiis is a ridiculous opinion, he was actually pretty good defensively before his injury.And yes, Madrid have looked like a mess offensively most of the time, no one in the team can connect the defense and attack well.
Oh, he did? I was unaware of that. The site where I read this said FB. I think the case can be made for LB.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Maybe im old fashioned, but I like fullbacks who can at least be average defensively.

Nothing wrong with him thinking he is the best though, you should think like that to a degree.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Typical Madrid player wouldn't expect any less, no humility no shame. You get real GOATs like Cole and Lahm praising others because they are classy and they know they are the best don't need to tell people (when you start telling people then yeah doesn't look good).

Anyways Alaba stomps on his overrated turd so bad, worst positioning of this guy is just dreadful. Oh wow he can dribble and do skill moves, yeah definitely one of the key attributes on a top full back...........
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Abramovich wrote:Typical Madrid player wouldn't expect any less
Tell me another Madrid player other than Cristiano who claimed themselves as the best in their position.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Typical Madrid player wouldn't expect any less
Tell me another Madrid player other than Cristiano who claimed themselves as the best in their position.

Should have worded it "typical coming from a Madrid player". Typical as in playing for Madrid where the scrattyness of the majority of fans rant on about player x (from Madrid) being the best player in that particular position. Aka if there was a statement to eptiomise the majority, then this would be it Laughing.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm

It's worth giving the full quote btw before any comments

"I consider myself the best leftback in the world becouse I have to believe in myself to grow and improve"

Typical Madrid statements :bow: Believing in yourself :bow: having a strong mentality :bow:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Believing they are the best when they are not and being associated with Real Madrid.

Yup sounds about right Laughing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next