Barça - Benfica

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Barça - Benfica

Post by Prometheus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 pm

messi would still have wanted to play even if he wasnt chasing that record, dani! you know that as well as any of us so jump down off that high horse you've climbed up onto! tbh i was pretty impressed that tito didnt start him and kept him off til the last half hour!

also, no comment on how we nearly had a repeat of puyols injury when he landed heavily on the same elbow again?!

going to criticize the management for playing messi in a meaningless game then at least stand up and criticize for risking puyol as well who we've seen is just as important to the team!

Prometheus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Messi looks to be out until at least New year. Tough luck for him, but this should be a lesson for the Barca coach not to risk his star players in a dead rubber, all for the sake of personal records.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 pm

@Brady and you know this how?
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 pm

@Prometheus wrote:messi would still have wanted to play even if he wasnt chasing that record, dani! you know that as well as any of us so jump down off that high horse you've climbed up onto!

Really?

Like Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc who werent even in the squad?

Never should of been in the squad.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:50 pm

@Prometheus wrote:

going to criticize the management for playing messi in a meaningless game then at least stand up and criticize for risking puyol as well who we've seen is just as important to the team!

Except, Puyol is fine, Messi is not lol

Also Puyol is going to get injured anyway..unless you had not noticed, we have no other CB's...who was his partner?

Adriano ffs.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm

@Prometheus wrote:

To be honest, Puyol is no longer important to Barca. Losing him will not impact the team as much as losing Messi does.

With Messi out, Barca will have a hard time scoring, let alone win. With Puyol out, the show goes on...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm

jiopsi wrote:I just hope Benfica doesn't go too rough on him, and that he gets no injuries because of it.
Crying or Very sad

I just had the feeling...

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm

@eelir wrote:@Brady and you know this how?

Messi couldn't even walk the pitch by himself..surely that has to tell you the extend of his injury. Remember, the time he walked off the pitch though he had a swollen knee?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm

First news from Barcelona dressing-room on Messi's injury: knock on knee, it doesn't seem serious, further tests ongoing #fcblive [catradio]

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:55 pm

jiopsi wrote:First news from Barcelona dressing-room on Messi's injury: knock on knee, it doesn't seem serious, further tests ongoing #fcblive [catradio]

Lets hope its very minor and doesnt miss any time.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:55 pm

@Brady2Moss wrote:
@eelir wrote:@Brady and you know this how?

Messi couldn't even walk the pitch by himself..surely that has to tell you the extend of his injury. Remember, the time he walked off the pitch though he had a swollen knee?

oh, so it you who diagnosed it through tv. Seams legit.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 pm

I missed the game, anyone got a video of Messi injury?

:bow:
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 pm

seriously, over the last 4 seasons how many CL games has messi voluntarilay sat out?! and you've read about how messi has been allowed to choose when he plays and has been given much more independence in that regard than the rest of the players!!

and the only reason puyol isnt injured is sheer chance and luck! and puyol is still important, just look at how many clean sheets we've managed to keep this season while he's been injured!

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I'm almost crying although it seems messi is not seriously injured, though they have to run tests....

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Sport and MD also report that it does not seam to be serious injury. But they have to do more test to confirm the exact extent of the injury.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:05 pm

@Prometheus wrote:seriously, over the last 4 seasons how many CL games has messi voluntarilay sat out?! and you've read about how messi has been allowed to choose when he plays and has been given much more independence in that regard than the rest of the players!!

and the only reason puyol isnt injured is sheer chance and luck! and puyol is still important, just look at how many clean sheets we've managed to keep this season while he's been injured!

Who cares? Because they were wrong to not rest him before its okay not to rest him now?

I ask you, why didnt he play in the cup last week?

I dont care what Messi is allowed to do or not allowed to do, it was wrong to play him and we will be lucky if he isnt seriously hurt.

Again, Puyol is fine so your point is mute. Also again, if Puyol doesnt play who does? And frankly, while I would rather have Puyol than not, he obviously isnt as important as Messi. Or even close really.

He has already been out many times.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:06 pm

well let's hope those reports are true, though I have doubts about their authenticity.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Twitter seems to indicate Messi isn't injured seriously. Phew.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

God, I can only hope that Messi could play again soon. It's so sad for him and for Barca if he couldn't play until next year. Every football fan would love to see him break the record of Müller, I mean football fans, not just some clubs' fans.

Barca would have a really hard time without him.

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Because he never plays in the early rounds of the cup! the same way most of the team wont play in it unless they reach the final!!

and im just pointing out that you cant just jump and exclaim to people about how wrong it was for him to chase a personal record tonight insteading of resting when previous seasons have shown that he always plays in the CL matches!! and if its so wrong for him to play meaningless matches than why arent we subbing him out all the time when we're well ahead in league games? or when the league has been already one like in 2011? if we're so interested in protecting messi than it should be all the time and not just when he would like to play an extra 30 mins to be given a chance to break a record that may yet stand for another 40 yrs for all we know!!

and as for puyol, any half blind idiot can tell you are defence hasnt been a ghost of its former self this year! we've been leaking goals all over the place and a huge amount of that is down to the lack of its leader on the pitch! so yeah, tbh i was more concerned the whole match up til messi's injury about whether or not we were going to be faced with puyol out for another 2 months heading into knockout time than i was about messi being injured!!

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 pm

@briarfish wrote:God, I can only hope that Messi could play again soon. It's so sad for him and for Barca if he couldn't play until next year. Every football fan would love to see him break the record of Müller, I mean football fans, not just some clubs' fans.

Barca would have a really hard time without him.

Screw the record.
The important is that we have him at least for the end of the season.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes, it is wrong. I dont have anything else to say on the matter.

I aint going to ramble on the same subject saying the same thing, if you cant see it then so be it.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

On the topic of the game, I found that Thiago and Pinto were really good. I especially liked Pinto Very Happy
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 pm

@eelir wrote:On the topic of the game, I found that Thiago and Pinto were really good. I especially liked Pinto Very Happy

Also Adriano who was out of position.

I was surprised Gomez didnt play in the center with Adriano at leftback, I thought Planus was horrible postionally and his side always seemed unsecure.

Tello didnt help either, I wasnt impressed.

I felt we struggled, because Benfica are a strong side and too strong for us to control with the players we had.

Villa was offside a ton, but I was happy he was making the runs. Benfica held the line well (and got lucky because Villa wasnt offside for every one of those calls) so it didnt end in nothing but overall, it was decent.

I wasnt happy with Montoya either, some bad positioning and questionable 1 v 1 defending. Not a horrible game but he can be better.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgera on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Vilanova: "In principle, it's just a knock, but we have to wait for results of further tests. The feeling is it's not bad, but it's early."

Vilanova: "It was a good thing for Messi to play half an hour, he feels best when competing. We discussed it before he'd come on."

Vilanova: "Messi didn't play because of the record. He likes to play. For him it's important to compete, also fitness-wise."

"Messi was a bit worried, which is normal when you don't know what it is. After the first tests by the doctors, he was calm."

Belgera
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah yeah Tito, I believe you lol

He is merely defending his decision, no problem with that.

But the truth is it isnt a good thing for him to play and he did play because of the record.

He has to say something to defend it, I am cool with that.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next