Barça - Benfica

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Barça - Benfica

Post by The Franchise on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:25 pm

jiopsi wrote:Benfica was battering Barca pretty much to a point where Messi was subbed in, then it changed completely.

Shots before Messi

Barcelona 5
Benfica 13

Shots when Messi played

Barcelona 4
Benfica 1

That's just shows how much of an effect Messi has in the field, just by being there. Other teams have to sacrifice so much of their own game to guard him.

There was a point where the whole Benfica team was trying to stop him, and he played throughball, which none of the five? Barca players didn't try to get. Laughing :facepalm:

Are you serious?

He overdribbled in that play and his pass was partially blocked making it impossible for anyone to reach.

Come on now, stop the fanboyism.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Aww, did I hurt your feelings?

Messi: "What happened yesterday, can happen on training too. Every time you're out on the pitch, there's a risk to get injured."

Exactly.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Yes, im devastated.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:09 pm

I think that messi playing 30 minutes is not something that can be criticized much imo. Yes, it's an unnecessary risk, but so small that it can't be criticized. Its little time and at little intensity. In the end, nothing serious happened.

On the match, I disagree that thiago, Roberto and rafinha were bad. imo they were the best performers. The defense plus song were much worse and villa and tello ineffective. Song couldn't bring the ball forward under pressure, while thiago, Roberto and rafinha could.

The defense was shit in one on one's and offside trap. All of them. We were lucky not to concede. We played better in the second half even before messi came In.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgera on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Tito: "Messi playing 30 minutes was talked through, it was part of his physical training program. You can also get injured on training."

Hm, I'd imagine the Barca physios or whoever we can thank for this program know their stuff and what they are doing.

Belgera
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm

For me MoM was Adriano, closely followed by Pinto and Thiago. Tello had some flashes beginning the second half but he got gassed out after that. Planas was really suffering in the left side. David Villa or David Offside? had his worst game this season.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Best players?

I thought were Thiago, Roberto and Pinto... but that doesn't mean I wasn't a bit disappointed in their play at times. Oh and disagree on Song. Struggled to protect the defence at times but I thought he was good otherwise.

I think very highly of Thiagod, you all know this. So I wasn't that enthused on a game I thought he'd own.

And on that play... completely agree with Dani. He overdribbled, it wasn't a good play at all. He should have just turned inside and passed back and let the team restructure... He wasn't going anywhere. Sometimes he does this too often and can just pass back. Even Messi doesn't have to try something every time.

And btw "Did I hurt your feelings?" -- worst comeback...lol.. doesn't even make sense.
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Btw, I couldn't care less what you think. Nothing makes sense to you apparently. Laughing

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 pm

jiopsi wrote:For me MoM was Adriano, closely followed by Pinto and Thiago. Tello had some flashes beginning the second half but he got gassed out after that. Planas was really suffering in the left side. David Villa or David Offside? had his worst game this season.

Adriano was quite bad. Suffered a lot with offside trap.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm

@free_cat wrote:
jiopsi wrote:For me MoM was Adriano, closely followed by Pinto and Thiago. Tello had some flashes beginning the second half but he got gassed out after that. Planas was really suffering in the left side. David Villa or David Offside? had his worst game this season.

Adriano was quite bad. Suffered a lot with offside trap.
I thought he was the best defender actually, making many saves, on top of that attacked quite nicely in the first half when hardly anyone got the ball forward.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:04 pm

I didnt think Roberto had the best of games honestly. Better than the cup game no doubt but I wouldnt put him as one of the better performers. I still felt, Adriano, Thiago and Pinto seemed more assured. I think its not cooincidence that all of them are seasoned, experienced players so thats a factor.

He was better than Montoya who actually dissapointed me, better than Planus and less mistakes than Rafinha and Tello.

I am a little unhappy with Montoya honestly, he has chances as Alves has been injured and while he rarely is poor, he either has a below par game or marely doesnt look out of place. I still like him on the ball and on the overlap, however he falls sleep on crosses far too often and his 1 v 1 defence needs improvement.

I think everyone was bad defensively, but I felt that wasnt in individual thing, the team out there lacked direction, didnt play the offside line well at all and struggled under the pressing. Adriano, Puyol, Planus and Montoya all struggeld with this, but that to me was a collective thing. Inidivudally, only Adriano covered himself in any glory with his 1 v 1 defending, mostly in the second half. While on the flipside, Planus was the worse individually and John and Rodrigo both good chances out of him easily.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Based on Opta statistics the top 3 were

1. Pinto 8.09
2. Thiago 7.71
3. Adriano 7.53

I think they portray pretty well what happened on the field.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:08 pm

One of the rare times I would agree with the stats.

Though not many of Pinto's saves were difficult, but he at least played with assurance and looked comfortable. And error free and calm performance which he doesnt always give.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Benfica is too good a team to play vs with a such young team. In fact for me its surprising that we had a clean sheet......

right after injury, first thing came to mind was how an opportunity of this to give some people extra rise in their voice.....

@jiopsi, thanks.... thats a nice picture Very Happy

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 pm

We are lucky to have a pretty good backup keeper in Pinto (the best backup in Spain). Made some comfortable saves however he still can't play the ball from the back like Valdes can.
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 am

@The Sanchez wrote:We are lucky to have a pretty good backup keeper in Pinto (the best backup in Spain). Made some comfortable saves however he still can't play the ball from the back like Valdes can.

He definitely is not... He is maybe the worst backup at a big club, and there are many better backups in Spain.
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:
@The Sanchez wrote:We are lucky to have a pretty good backup keeper in Pinto (the best backup in Spain). Made some comfortable saves however he still can't play the ball from the back like Valdes can.

He definitely is not... He is maybe the worst backup at a big club, and there are many better backups in Spain.

Agree...its just that he plays very few games and not vs so tough teams. so he looks better than he is...but i like him for his attitude....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4