Happened in first half????
What about puyol?

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Re: Jornada 15 Real Betis - Barcelona

Post by free_cat on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Wtf! is Alexis trying to give a goal to betis or what??? shit game.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm

I am glad we got 3 pts. Betis deserved a draw, they just did not finish off their chances. 2nd half was really bad, but i think it is because Betis always know how to play us and don't need to park the buss.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm

What a game! It was brilliant. As a Barcelona fan I'm sure you are frustrated but as a neutral I had a hell lot of fun.

PS: Madrid should have signed Beñat instead of flopdrich. And Pepe Mel is becoming my favourite coach. What a fantastic team. What was his budget?

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Currently Villa is the only guy apart from messi that can take initiative in this team. Pedro has been dreadfull, alexis while hard working poses no goal threat and even if he came up late and can be argued that he was still cold Thiago should have netted one.

anyway, Villa should have entered the game at least for 15 minutes
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 pm

alexis was alright and caused a headache for their defence...

our injuries are becoming to look like rotations.....puyol for batra, alves for adriano, cesc for alexis.

We will never have a full squad this season pale
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Beñat is epic.
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Alba is crap, straight up.

Gave away the goal was horrible positioning. That alone turned the game around completely. We was in full control, the game was actually easy and we made them look like a bottom side.

Then he did that and the game swung and we become pressured.

He proceeded to dive in his own half, therefore giving them possession in a dangerous area.

Then he misses an open goal from basically the goaline.

Shame about Cesc but Alexis actually did well in my opinion, but his touch was crap.

His run for Messi goal, it was fantastic and actually was the reason Messi had so much time and space. He ran across taking the defender at the perfect moment as Messi came left.

He set up Pedro with a fantastic pass, but of course Pedro had one of the worst games I seen from him and he missed an easy chance.

Good sub taking Pedro off for Thiago, should of happened sooner though.

I wonder what happened to Puyol, didnt see what happened for him to come off.

Anyway, 3 points and we rode our luck so im glad.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

@The Franchise wrote:

Shame about Cesc but Alexis actually did well in my opinion, but his touch was crap.

His run for Messi goal, it was fantastic and actually was the reason Messi had so much time and space. He ran across taking the defender at the perfect moment as Messi came left.

He set up Pedro with a fantastic pass, but of course Pedro had one of the worst games I seen from him and he missed an easy chance.

Agreed and honestly i feel Pedro should be dropped.... his goal return is abysmal and he's offering outside of that which Sanchez, Villa, Iniesta hell even Thiago couldn't provide at the moment.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:

Agreed and honestly i feel Pedro should be dropped.... his goal return is abysmal and he's offering outside of that which Sanchez, Villa, Iniesta hell even Thiago couldn't provide at the moment.

His pressing is unrivaled, and allows messi to save energy and do what he does best.
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 pm

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Of course Pedro was poor but he worked very hard to defend. I don't think with Villa you would have the same. Sure, that does not guarantee him a place in the team and he's been out of form for too long I believe, a sign of worry.

First goal both Alba and Piqué were at fault. Alba for playing Castro onside is the man to blame but Piqué's poor decision making to go in instead of watching the runner didn't help the case.

Thiago pass in the end was wicked. And how he got to the end of Messi's pass as well, the guy can sprint eh?

Iniesta and Busquets were superb for Barça I thought. For Betis, Beñat of course was sensational, in fact I rate him as highly as Cazorla if not better. Vadillo is also looking like a very good prospect.

I'm very happy for Betis, I don't think any other team come to play against Barça like that, passing, pressing, attacking with so much courage and confidence like they're playing against an inferior side. Castro's goal gave them a lot of belief against the run of play because prior to that it looked like a comfortable win for Barcelona to me. But a big thumbs up to Pepe Mel and his side. Them and Everton are considered Europe's big surprises this season but not to me. Since watching Betis in Segunda two seasons ago I thought they were too good for a second division team. Let's see how long they can keep up.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 am

We pressed very well, or at least much better than recent games so I am pleased about that.

I also felt Pique had a monsterous game at the back again, so two good positives to take away from it.

Pique had no blame in the goal, our stragegy is play the offside trap and he did that. You cant play the offside trap and track, thats above and beyond any one defenders call of duty.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 am

Great comments guys. Pretty much agree with what you all said. At the risk of sounding biased I have to say that while the highlight of the day was Messi breaking the record, the back heel by Iniesta was also worth staying up late night for and during the course of the match there is a moment when he makes a sideways aerial pass backwards with half a touch which may not have resulted in anything but sure was worth a watch.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 am

@The Franchise wrote:

At the begining all Pedro did was score and so he was criticized for not creating enough.
This season all he is doing is assist (10 assists already), and so he is critcized for not scoring enough.

He is not Messi, but aside from yesterday's game, he has been fantastic this season.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:42 am

When Fab went down I was like, stop wasting time Fab but then when he came off for Sanchez I was like wtf? He looked like he was ok infact very ok and then walked off the field...
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:47 am

@danyjr wrote:What a game! It was brilliant. As a Barcelona fan I'm sure you are frustrated but as a neutral I had a hell lot of fun.

Don't see why we should be frustrated. We won comfortably at a stadium some "neutrals" predicted we would lose and it was an exciting match. My only concern is that we should have scored at least another goal.

@The Franchise wrote:Alba is crap, straight up.

Gave away the goal was horrible positioning. That alone turned the game around completely. We was in full control, the game was actually easy and we made them look like a bottom side.

He proceeded to dive in his own half, therefore giving them possession in a dangerous area.

Alba made two big mistakes, but aside from that he was tremendous. He was everywhere, intercepted tens of Betis counters, provided alot in attack. But off course, football is a game of details and with those mistakes he had a bad game.

Same with Alexis, who did good things as you point out (I would add that he provoked a lot of Betis fouls) but in the second half lost 3 balls in dangerous areas that led to very dangerous Betis counters that weren't a goal by miracle. It also cancels out his good game.

Oh, and off course, Pique wasn't at all at fault for the goal, dunnow what Danyjr is talking about.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:50 am

Well if you look at him he was unaware of Castro's run. I think he charged in to get the ball and not because he wanted to play Castro offside. I still agree Alba should get (most of) the blame though.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 am

I agree with danyjr. And as i said it is one of the few teams that i admire how they play the big shots. First time that came to my attention was when we met them on Copa (i think 3 years ago, they were no even promoted back then right?).
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:52 am

@free_cat wrote:
@danyjr wrote:What a game! It was brilliant. As a Barcelona fan I'm sure you are frustrated but as a neutral I had a hell lot of fun.

Don't see why we should be frustrated. We won comfortably at a stadium some "neutrals" predicted we would lose and it was an exciting match. My only concern is that we should have scored at least another goal.

@The Franchise wrote:Alba is crap, straight up.

Alba made two big mistakes, but aside from that he was tremendous. He was everywhere, intercepted tens of Betis counters, provided alot in attack. But off course, football is a game of details and with those mistakes he had a bad game.

Same with Alexis, who did good things as you point out (I would add that he provoked a lot of Betis fouls) but in the second half lost 3 balls in dangerous areas that led to very dangerous Betis counters that weren't a goal by miracle. It also cancels out his good game.

Oh, and off course, Pique wasn't at all at fault for the goal, dunnow what Danyjr is talking about.

I agree, I was a little upset at the time and overreacted. Those 3 moments were horrible though, especially the offside line and that miss. I overreacted but I was very annoyed by his performance overall.

Alexis did draw fouls, I should of added that. Yeah, he did lose the ball in bad positions, but he isnt alone in that so I find it hard to single him out. I mean, Messi could of ended the game but passed it behind Thiago, Mascherano could of left the ball to go to Valdes under no pressure but instead headed it directly up into the air to create more danger, Valdes dropped a routine ball which almost created a goal..its hard to single out Alexis for what he did when all that happened.

The Pique criticism is beyond ridiculous now, its just for the sake of it. He did nothing wrong. I think he knew fully well someone was behind him, but even if he didnt, it doesnt make any difference because his first task is the offside line which he did perfectly. Also I will mention how many blocks, tackles and interceptions he made, especially when we was under pressure under Puyol left.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am

@free_cat wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:

At the begining all Pedro did was score and so he was criticized for not creating enough.
This season all he is doing is assist (10 assists already), and so he is critcized for not scoring enough.

He is not Messi, but aside from yesterday's game, he has been fantastic this season.

No he's been straight up bad.... i don't care for statistics all i know is on atleast 8 or 9 times this season he has been pure garbage....

If he's not scoring and he isn't what is he offering?

Nothing that Villa, Sanchez, Iniesta, Tello etc etc can't offer.

I guarantee this right now if Sanchez was doing what Pedro was doing the pitchforks would be out and people would be baying for blood....

Pedro game after game is poor and game after game he still plays and the likes Tello, Villa, Sanchez are on the bench.

What is he doing? he's not creating chances, he's not getting himself into goalscoring positions very often and when he does he misses he's not committing defenders to create space for others....

There is nothing that Pedro is doing that at least 4 or 5 alternatives can't do better.

The one thing he is doing well is keeping possession but if that's what you want you might as well play Iniesta and Thiago in attack.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

@free_cat wrote:

No he's been straight up bad.... i don't care for statistics all i know is on atleast 8 or 9 times this season he has been pure garbage....

If he's not scoring and he isn't what is he offering?

Nothing that Villa, Sanchez, Iniesta, Tello etc etc can't offer.

I guarantee this right now if Sanchez was doing what Pedro was doing the pitchforks would be out and people would be baying for blood....

Pedro game after game is poor and game after game he still plays and the likes Tello, Villa, Sanchez are on the bench.

What is he doing? he's not creating chances, he's not getting himself into goalscoring positions very often and when he does he misses he's not committing defenders to create space for others....

There is nothing that Pedro is doing that at least 4 or 5 alternatives can't do better.

The one thing he is doing well is keeping possession but if that's what you want you might as well play Iniesta and Thiago in attack.

Nope, sorry, he hasn't been bad 8 or 9 times. Our second best forward by far this season.

Pedro this season is offering dribling, creativity, width, workrate, off the ball movement, posession keeping and passing. None of our other forwards have been able to offer all this. Alexis workrate and off-the ball movement, Tello off-the ball movement, widht and some goals, Villa goals and off the ball movement.

Funny that he has 10 assists but doesn't create chances, you might as well explain that to me.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 am

Crucial run from Alexis for the first goal

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Pedro has gone 18 gamesd without a goal

#savehimRafa

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Busquets doing his thing.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 pm

No, Pedro has been shat this season, there's no doubt about it. He's making good runs but he 's not as ruthless in front of goal as he used to be. That's bad because the best thing about Pedro was his killer instinct, but now that's gone, all the he's good for is making runs and pressing. It's a bit worrying. Alexis was better than pedro in this game, but overall, I can't really which of the two has been worse this season.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next