fatman123
VanDeezNuts
huntsman
47 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ricardo Kaka Fan Club  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ricardo Kaka Fan Club

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:50 pm

silver wrote:Is Neymar really better or achieved more than Kaka? I don't feel Neymar has really done anything. Is this supposed to be his prime?

Interesting question

ESPN Brazil ran a poll of the 10 greatest brazilian players and Kaka was 7th on that list. Neymar didn't make it.

I don't think Neymar has achieved more than Kaka. Kaka's best was better than Neymar's best as of yet personally.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:17 pm

didi hamann ended his career in the 2005 champions lge final. kaka suffered from PTSD after that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Neymar isn't a likeable figure, as opposed to Kaka. It hurts him when it comes to make those rankings.

And, despite having a crazy talent, he is the leader of a poor generation for Brazil NT. He won a gold medal vs U23 and a confed cup.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Unique wrote:didi hamann ended his career in the 2005 champions lge final. kaka suffered from PTSD after that.

Yeah, so much PTSD that he ripped Pool's defence with a through ball 2 years later and won Balon D Or and a CL.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am

Just my humble opinion, but Kaka's career just went down towards the latter end way too quickly to be considered one of the absolute best for me. Obviously he did a lot with Milan, but I remember when he joined Real, was around the time with CR, he did ok but CR completely outshone him and he struggled to much to regain his best. For Brazil, nothing that really stands out?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:29 pm

tbh if i had to pick between prime kaka and prime neymar, i think i'm going neymar. his pace may not be that of kaka's in his prime, but neymar is fast in his own right, just as skillful, way better at direct free kicks, and can score and create goals.

as far as their careers so far, kaka edges that. he has the 07/08 season to his name, his moment in the sun; neymar hasn't had one of those yet. neymar is in that position kobe was when shaq left, prior to kobe's 2 final mvps and 2 championships.

career, so far, kaka. better player, in my opinion i'm picking neymar first over 2003-2007 kaka
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:46 pm

Nah, Tito , I have to disagree. Neymar has always looked like a potential star, but at Barcelona he was always in the shadow of Messi and to a lessor extent to Suarez.

He had his opportunity the last two years (both at PSG and with Brasil NT), but has come up flat both times and now is operating in the shadow of Mbappe.

I agree it is hard to view Kaka among the all time greats because of his lack of longevity, but he accomplished much more than Neymar has. Not sure either belong (or will) to a list of all time greats.

@Barcalearning, by the way, Kaka's peek was over before he got to Madrid. Interesting his Pugalgia (same injury that Messi is reported to have now) was apparent at Milan. Madrid simply bought damaged goods and were stuck with him and his contract for several years.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Been a while since I've seen lots of footage of Kaka, but i will say something i always found interesting in him.

Kaka was mostly an advanced central attacking midfielder that liked to run into space/run past defenders in his prime. His technique with the ball and running style were very much in sync with the idea of galloping towards and past defenders, which ultimately was his undoing at the very end imo.  

At 6 feet 1 and more than 180 pounds, Kaka had the body to play as an interior/central midfielder akin to Modric, but he never did, did he? Even after 2010 when he lost his speed to constantly blaze past defenders. Kaka doesn't seem to me like the player who could play in more backwards and static positions where his defending and long range passing/distribution/vision would come into play.

It was sad to see Kaka try to emulate his former self by scoring goals against nobody clubs like Mallorca or Real Murcia. In short, i'm not a big fan of his dribbling and movement style, Jese Rodriguez was similar, his career was over after the infamous game against Shalke.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Nah, Tito , I have to disagree. Neymar has always looked like a potential star, but at Barcelona he was always in the shadow of Messi and to a lessor extent to Suarez.

He had his opportunity the last two years (both at PSG and with Brasil NT), but has come up flat both times and now is operating in the shadow of Mbappe.

I agree it is hard to view Kaka among the all time greats because of his lack of longevity, but he accomplished much more than Neymar has. Not sure either belong (or will) to a list of all time greats.

@Barcalearning, by the way, Kaka's peek was over before he got to Madrid. Interesting his Pugalgia (same injury that Messi is reported to have now) was apparent at Milan. Madrid simply bought damaged goods and were stuck with him and his contract for several years.

I'm looking at them skill for skill, everything kaka could do, neymar can do. Maybe neymar may not be a better passer due to his position. But kaka himself wasnt known as some ball distributor. Neymar's a lot better at set pieces and isnt bad when it comes to creating chances. If I had to pick one or the other, I'm taking neymar. But so far kaka has had the better career, based mainly on that 07/08 season
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:03 pm

M99 wrote:
Unique wrote:didi hamann ended his career in the 2005 champions lge final. kaka suffered from PTSD after that.

Yeah, so much PTSD that he ripped Pool's defence with a through ball 2 years later and won Balon D Or and a CL.

I guess both Kaka and Inzaghi caused so much hurt to Unique that he got temporary memory loss from that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Doc wrote:
M99 wrote:

I guess both Kaka and Inzaghi caused so much hurt to Unique that he got temporary memory loss from that.
shevchenko never recovered from the 2005 final either. the pen miss ended him. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5