David Gallop

4 posters

Go down

David Gallop Empty David Gallop

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 am

Since replacing Ben Buckley as FFA CEO, how do you reckon he has done thus far? Yes, its only been a short time though personally for me he has dealt well with the media. How will he go and how will impact Australian football?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

David Gallop Empty Re: David Gallop

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:15 pm

His done nothing so far, IMO was a disgrace with the whole Beckham situation. His been given a golden platter, WSW have joined, he received ono, heskey and ADP on a plate.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:28 am

wait he went to soccer? gi\/e him time he did well enough with league.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:07 am

NO he didn't, his time with league was meh.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:17 am

Helped the television deals with free-tv go through and organised a professional team (Man U) to get a game out in Australia.
Dealt well with the media
So far, with the little that he has done, he has done well!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:51 am

The tv deal was coming regardless of who our ceo was, it was long over due. The united game i have no idea who organised it, but whoever did deserves full credit, as this was a brilliant move. Also i hated the fact he came out and said they were in talks with beckhams agent, and then his agent came out and denied this. Who even let football Australia publish this story below making them look like idiots.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/beckham-agent-denies-australia-link/53052
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:31 am

mr-r34 wrote:NO he didn't, his time with league was meh.

:facepalm:
not now but in the not too distant future i will inform you as to how wrong you are
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:54 pm

fatman123 wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:NO he didn't, his time with league was meh.

:facepalm:
not now but in the not too distant future i will inform you as to how wrong you are

This should be fun.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Just to add a little here, meh is defined as okay. Nothing great nothing shit.

How he handled the storm and bulldogs salary cap saga, brilliant.(Doggies fan right here)

How he handled the Brett Stewart saga was nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm quite pleased with the Commission, bar the shoulder charge rule.

Changing origin eligibility and fixing the finals system, so far two rule changes i really like.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 am

He is a Melbourne Storm hater... :coffee: Good works with the brawl that happened in 2011 as well as the salary cap. Haters will be haters...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:33 am

FFA and David Gallop should invest in relatively modest dollar in development, elite pathways- but it can't for a range of reasons simply subsidies grassroots football. First of all, it is a sure way to spend a LOT of money and achieve absolutely nothing for the games development (putting aside the restraint of trade/anti-trust issues). Secondly, as the demand for grass roots football is so strong, such as approach appears designed to fix a problem we DONT have. Thirdly, FFA cash should be about improving our national team's performance ultimately- and this means player development. Fourthly, if FFA funding is used to subsidise grass roots in a market where demand (players) is already outstripping supply (facilities), then it should be targeted at those most in need such as low-SES, refugee and other 'minority' groups (I would include woman's football here). Football has a strategic plan which includes a comprehensive Football Development Plan. This plan is, broadly speaking a very good one in my opinion. The FFA should not lose sight if this and should invest STRATEGICALLY. Throwing cash at the grass roots with no discernible ROI is no way to run the game. Whatever the mistakes the FFA have made in regards to the World Cup bid and associated issues, the days of 'amateur hour' management are over. Football is a big, serious and growing industry. Hard hearts are required and sentimental 'cash splashes' won't help anyone. If I were the AFL and NRL and I had their participation problem I would have a different view of how to spend. That is as it should be.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:44 am

How grassroots football and youth development in Australia is run is the exact definition of amateur management.

When you have pro footballers complaining about football fees in the 000's just to play for a rep team you know it's a bloody joke.

How the hell do you expect people from the west, were such a large football base is, to pay 2000-3000 a year. From my talks with guys in this area, a lot of them say so much talent is wasted because parents can't afford to pay that much or the selection of players is based on a who you know, rather than a whos best for the team. It's become highly political and is quite a joke.

Shannon Cole ‏@SMCole84 4 Nov

NSW premier youth fees up to $2000!!! Disgraceful ... @Craig_Foster would love to hear your thoughts on this

@mahonjt @Craig_Foster I can guarantee most of those kids are getting zero football education for their buck as well!
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down