Ganso
Arquitecto
LeVersacci
Lupi
FalcaoPunch
45 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed May 15, 2013 5:19 am

How exactly has "football" lost? PSG were the best team in Ligue 1, and are deserved champions.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 am

bump
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Le Parisien: Video - Blanc arrives in Paris to complete PSG deal, to sign 1 year + 1 year renewable
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 pm

wow, I realize I haven't visited in a while, but I not only didn't expect the PSG thread to be binned, but I also didn't expect that the last post in a unified PSG thread would have been made a year ago!  Shocked
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Lol the section was really inactive so we removed it along with the City one.

Good to see you back though!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Tue May 13, 2014 10:20 pm

cheers, good to be back Thumbs up ...

and lol, City too? I don't feel so bad about the PSG one, then ...

I wonder what else PSG and City have in common? Eff Eff Pee, you say?  tongue
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Didn't even make sense with the City one as we have at least 3 of the fans on GL. Also took away Tottenham so that's an anomaly in FFP.

What did you make of this years ligue 1?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 pm

in a season where the two biggest leagues have had / will have a grandstand finish to the title race, it's hard to see too many narratives from Ligue 1 that would enthrall the neutrals ...

I mean: PSG win + Monaco in the Champions League = foregone conclusions ... same applies to Zlatan for Best Goal + Top Scorer + Player of the Year, Marco Veratti for Young Player of the Year, and PSG dominating the team of the year ...

the only two stories I'd pick out are Sochaux, who I hope have a fairytale ending to their resurgent season and survive, and Lille's early season form just tipping them into the Champions League qualifier spot ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Agreed

I just can't see anyone apart from PSG winning the league in the next 5 years. Monaco will give him a good match but PSG are still a better team overall and more attractive than Monaco with the stars already there.

Hopefully Lille can add to their team and be there abouts. Sadly can't see Lyon doing any better.

Marseille are an interesting project with Bielsa. Top 5 should be their target for next season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 pm

L'OM can't compete with PSG or Monaco on the transfer front ... with Bielsa, they might not have to ... he is amazingly eccentric, and a footballing treasure due to it; but eccentricity makes it hard to predict which way the pendulum will swing with him in charge -- the only guarantee is it will swing far ... if the players at Marseille take to his unique methods and demandingly detailed tactical and physical preparation, we could see another overachieving side like his Athletic Bilbao ... I'm sure that was the idea of bringing him in ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm

@Xifio, stick around.

How good is Monaco!!! Can they win the League next year!!! How would they perform in the CL!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Monaco have a good overall team. few of their best players are actually the ones who didn't cost a lot in Fabinho and Kurzawa. Falcao struggled to settle in though so he can only do better next season.

IMO PSG will retain the title but Monaco will give him a good match. In CL? R16 at best.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Xifio wrote:L'OM can't compete with PSG or Monaco on the transfer front ... with Bielsa, they might not have to ... he is amazingly eccentric, and a footballing treasure due to it; but eccentricity makes it hard to predict which way the pendulum will swing with him in charge -- the only guarantee is it will swing far ... if the players at Marseille take to his unique methods and demandingly detailed tactical and physical preparation, we could see another overachieving side like his Athletic Bilbao ... I'm sure that was the idea of bringing him in ...

Agreed tbh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Wed May 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Emmanuel Rivière is another who didn't arrive with a hefty price tag, but got himself noticed ... Lucas Ocampos has caught the eye too ...

regardless, Monaco cannot reach their potential as a team or as a club with Ranieri in charge (as Roman Abramovich realized, exactly 10 years ago) ... Kondogbia not being a beastly automatic selection for the French national team is itself proof that he can't get the best from his players ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:49 pm

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/internacional/2014-06-11/la-uefa-rebaja-el-castigo-a-city-y-psg-solo-tendran-que-alinear-a-cinco-canteranos_145072/

PSG and City got their "homegrown" CL requirement reduced from 8 to 5.  Really makes the 21 CL player cap meaningless now as the only part that made it bite was maintaining 8 homegrown players...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 am

excellent ...  Thumbs up 
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9