Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

FIFA 13 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: FIFA 13 Thread

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I've got footy. I might get on later tonight around 9-10 ish your time. But I emphasize the word might.

EDIT: BTW I'll play moar FIFA when I finish the Red Dead Redemption campaign. I've had this game too long to not beat it Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 pm

I've got a footy scrimmage from 7:30-9:00 my time tonight and the Fringe series finale is on as well. If I happen to see you online I'd be down for a game or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am

CBarca wrote:91 acceleration?

You're kidding, right?

no lol 87 sprint speed Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 am

Started a coaching career with Milan. 1st transfer season just closed:

Starting XI:

Neto
De Sciglio - Ogbonna - Yanga-Mbiwa - Abate
N. De Jong
Paulinho ------- Hamsik
Insigne --- Lewandowski --- SES
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 am

Abate LB. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 am

RealGunner wrote:
CBarca wrote:91 acceleration?

You're kidding, right?

no lol 87 sprint speed Laughing

wut...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:54 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Abate LB. hmm
doesn't really matter on FIFA, really MDS is better suited to LB, but meh.

Also, Didac Vila sometimes gets a shot there.

Other notable bench players are Lamela and S. de Jong.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 am

Ok, so this is my squad just before starting my 2nd season in charge of AC Milan. Bare in mind that Milan's starting budget is only like 25 mil, so I had to work hard to get these players. Also, I didn't use the financial takeover feature. All the ones with * after their names were bought after my 1st season.

ter Stegen
Jordi Alba*
Ogbonna
Papadopoulos
Isco
Muniain
Hamsik
Neymar*
Insigne
Lewandowski
Lamela
Gabriel
Niang
Bojan
De Sciglio
Alaba*
Javi Martinez*
El Shaarawy
Zapata
Valoti
Jovetic*

My questions are what formation, who to put in and who to leave out?!

Edit: Currently my starting XI is: (custom formation)

Lewandowski
Neymar -------- El Shaarawy
Jovetic
Muniain ----- Hamsik ----- Isco

Alaba - Ogbonna - Jordi Alba
ter Stegen

Last edited by Forza Rossoneri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 am

Got a question...

I play a false 9 and i constantly find myself playing through the centre or playing on the wings rather easily and then i reach the box....Once i've reached the box, i'm completely out of ideas as to what to do. The box gets crowded out quick. I find myself passing sideways and i lack venom. Should there be a change in tactics, formation, or just approach in general?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am

You probably just need to shoot faster.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:08 am

^^ That's one way of combating it but i'm afraid that i'm one of those people, who wants to score by splitting the opposition apart, you know, being clear through on goal. That's a downside to the way i play but it is what it is i'm afraid...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah, I understand that. Another solution is to get faster attackers who are capable of sprint bursting to one side of a defender or another to get that shot away or run on to the end of a quick tiki-taka move.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Ok, so this is my squad just before starting my 2nd season in charge of AC Milan. Bare in mind that Milan's starting budget is only like 25 mil, so I had to work hard to get these players. Also, I didn't use the financial takeover feature. All the ones with * after their names were bought after my 1st season.

ter Stegen
Jordi Alba*
Ogbonna
Papadopoulos
Isco
Muniain
Hamsik
Neymar*
Insigne
Lewandowski
Lamela
Gabriel
Niang
Bojan
De Sciglio
Alaba*
Javi Martinez*
El Shaarawy
Zapata
Valoti
Jovetic*

My questions are what formation, who to put in and who to leave out?!

Edit: Currently my starting XI is: (custom formation)

Lewandowski
Neymar -------- El Shaarawy
Jovetic
Muniain ----- Hamsik ----- Isco

Alaba - Ogbonna - Jordi Alba
ter Stegen

-----------------------ter Stegen
--De Sciglio---Papadupoulos---Ogbonna---Alba
-----------------Martinez--------Hamsik
------Lamela----------El Shaarawy----Neymar
--------------------------Jovetic

You could possibly sell a few attackers and get a better RB. Also maybe a CM to take Hamsik's place.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Who would you suggest for RB and CM? (they would have to be 24 y.o. or younger for me to consider them)

Lewandowski and Hamski are undroppable at this stage, they are absolutely beasting in this ultra-attacking formation.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 pm

For RB: Walker, Clyne, Rafael etc. In fact you could keep De Sciglio, since he gets to 82. However it depends on whether you want to wait for him to get better.

For CM: Wilshere, Sahin, Witsel, Nainggolan, Moutinho, Verratti, Banega, Gundogan, Paulinho, Holtby etc. If Hamsik can play CM, then maybe keep him there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 am

I had Paulinho but sold him to get Jovetic - I only paid 4.5 mil + Paulinho so it was a pretty epic deal. Might consider going in for Rafael at RB.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 am

A few questions Forza.

Isn't your defence exposed with that team? You have one natural defensive player... Are your games like 6-3 on the regular?

Attack is amazing but not really into doin that. I prefer to keep the game realistic.

Second, why are you playing Alba on the right?

And what's the formation? Because there are 5 forwards and 2 creative mids.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 am

The Verminator wrote:Got a question...

I play a false 9 and i constantly find myself playing through the centre or playing on the wings rather easily and then i reach the box....Once i've reached the box, i'm completely out of ideas as to what to do. The box gets crowded out quick. I find myself passing sideways and i lack venom. Should there be a change in tactics, formation, or just approach in general?

Verm, the question is do you really want to play this formation or do you want to score the goals you're talking about (clean through). Which do you prefer?

You can't really do both. The false 9 means you won't have much cutting edge in behind on transition, but you'll have a dominant presence in midfield. So it's not the best for counter, but if you want to play possession it's great.

If you just want to play fast and counter then I'd work with something else. But if you're keen on sticking with the false 9 I can try to help because that's the way I play.

First, don't worry when they have set their defence and it seems there is no way through. The main trick is patience.

Don't be scare of passing side to side, I find when I'm playing my best its because I do this and don't think too much about scoring immediately. The hole will open if you stretch them with quick passing, switching the play. You'll then get a 1v1 against a fullback or something and a chance will come.

Final word of advice is that you need skilful players in the final 3rd if you're going to play against these packed defences. Otherwise you won't move it quick enough or be able to beat players 1v1 to make chances.

Playing exactly with the style you mention with Swansea and I rely mainly on the skills of Pablo and Cuenca and De Guzman in the final third to create that space you need.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

Custom 3-4-3 is the way to go, it's quite hilarious how many 5 man defenses you run into in Pro Clubs. I absolutely need a football game in my life and I've been having so much fun using skill moves the last couple of weeks. Is there anyone else in here who is all about the trick-eration?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
The Verminator wrote:Got a question...

I play a false 9 and i constantly find myself playing through the center or playing on the wings rather easily and then i reach the box....Once I've reached the box, I'm completely out of ideas as to what to do. The box gets crowded out quick. I find myself passing sideways and i lack venom. Should there be a change in tactics, formation, or just approach in general?

Verm, the question is do you really want to play this formation or do you want to score the goals you're talking about (clean through). Which do you prefer?

You can't really do both. The false 9 means you won't have much cutting edge in behind on transition, but you'll have a dominant presence in midfield. So it's not the best for counter, but if you want to play possession it's great.

If you just want to play fast and counter then I'd work with something else. But if you're keen on sticking with the false 9 I can try to help because that's the way I play.

First, don't worry when they have set their defence and it seems there is no way through. The main trick is patience.

Don't be scare of passing side to side, I find when I'm playing my best its because I do this and don't think too much about scoring immediately. The hole will open if you stretch them with quick passing, switching the play. You'll then get a 1v1 against a fullback or something and a chance will come.

Final word of advice is that you need skilful players in the final 3rd if you're going to play against these packed defences. Otherwise you won't move it quick enough or be able to beat players 1v1 to make chances.

Playing exactly with the style you mention with Swansea and I rely mainly on the skills of Pablo and Cuenca and De Guzman in the final third to create that space you need.
Thank you very much for your reply Wink

Now, the goals i'm talking about are not actually counter attacking goals were you're absolutely through on goal. More sorta like once i've reached the box, i can play this short sort of through ball through the defence that i can take a shot first time and score with ease. Maybe my idea is unrealistic, but that's what i've been trying to achieve.

I can see what you mean by passing sideways till the gap opens up but to me, i do that alot and i'm not finding that opening. I vary alot between passing slow and passing fast. I feel that passing fast will give me a better chance but it's not so easy coz i play manually.

There was one point were i dominated the opposition for a few games. (legendary btw). I passed by just tapping X around the box and openings were being created like crazy. But replicating this i find to be very difficult. I'm very on and off in terms of 'form'.

Anyways to get back to your post, yea i can see what you mean by the one on ones. I do this often and it's my best way of scoring. I get the ball on the edge of the box.Then i wait maybe a second and i turn up or down, depending on the positioning of the defender, and then i quickly sprint in the direction of the goals and i take a shot. I get past defenders with ease and i score. But there is a problem with this, rather a problem with me actually. I still try to score that perfect goal. That one where i play quick or slow passing around the opposition, triangle passes and all that stuff till i give a defense splitting pass on the edge of the box or something. That's what i keep trying to do and very rarely does it ever work.

Overall though i agree with what you're saying, quick passing and switching the play is key i believe and I'll try some more of that, definitely. But would you say that the goals i'm trying to score are realistic?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm

You'll score those goals, just not so regularly. Depends on the opposition too.

Sometimes you will just pull off some really nice passes through midfield, make sure your wingers are making runs inside for you and maybe one of your mids. Scored one with Michu turning and playing a nice through ball to Pablo.

Most likely you will score these goals in 2 situations though. First, is winning the ball early and making the most of a numerical advantage. This is where pressing comes into play. Second, is late in the game if you are ahead. When they go crazy on attack it is difficult, but this is when you will be able to counter them.

I dunno though really... Tbh counter is probably better on Fifa, because the game can't be perfectly realistic and it seems that still works wonders. However, I like playing this way and enjoy it. Plus, playing with Swansea on legendary... possession is the way to go for me, because I don't really want teams like Man City getting much of the ball or they'll kill me. Can be a very useful defensive strategy.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Yea i agree, those two situations are the most likely for me to produce a goal similar to that. Counter is a very good strategy, but like you said, i much rather prefer possession so i don't think i'll ever give it up. I've got Wenger to blame for that Very Happy
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Anyone play the skill games?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend