Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 am

The only thing Borini has on Sturridge is work-rate and maybe movement (though Sturridge's movement has been great at times). Sturridge has more pace, better first touch, better finisher, better vision.
this.. even the work-rate part is arguable tbh

Borini lacks physicality for the PL but unfortunately isn't talented enough to make up for it like Coutinho. The only thing good about him is his positional sense. He has no pace, no tricks, average finisher.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Red Alert on Tue May 14, 2013 11:27 am

@Art Morte wrote:Carroll >>> Borini

Oh I want to get in this too!

Downing >>> Kuyt; hell Downing >>> Maxi.

@ExtremistEnigma wrote:this.. even the work-rate part is arguable tbh

Borini lacks physicality for the PL but unfortunately isn't talented enough to make up for it like Coutinho. The only thing good about him is his positional sense. He has no pace, no tricks, average finisher.

Lol. Borini has only been here for 2 minutes and you're complaining he's struggling because he lacks physicality? Assuming you're saying that because he's been injured for majority of the season, am I right? Lucas and Gerrard struggled last year (and Lucas this year) with injuries. They do happen. Footballers are human, you know?

Should Hazard be offloaded, or Juan Mata, or David Silva, or hell even Coutinho because they lack "physicality" in the league? It's all a myth lol. Borini is talented and if you watch him play you'll see his quality.

"No pace" Laughing Okay. You'd actually find out he's quite quick if you actually watch him play.

"No tricks" is even worse. Borini and Sturridge are very similiar in this area. The only reason you're saying that is because Sturridge does useless step overs from time to time.

"Average finisher" is just wrong. He's a better finisher than Sturridge. Atleast he finds it more natural to finish than Daniel.

The only thing Daniel Sturridge has at the moment is experience. Watch Borini outshine him next year.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11491
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Red Alert on Tue May 14, 2013 11:34 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
ynwa wrote:Still feel Borini is more natural striker of the two but Daniel is a lot better as of now. The only thing Sturridge has over Borini is experience to be fair. I find Borini more talented. But maybe it's just me.

rofl

The only thing Borini has on Sturridge is work-rate and maybe movement (though Sturridge's movement has been great at times). Sturridge has more pace, better first touch, better finisher, better vision.

Please.....I like both players. but I can already see people bumming Sturridge's ass next season if he goes on a 3 match barren run

That's false. I'd actually wager that Sturridge movement is in fact better than Borini's. Infact it's the only thing from Daniel Sturridge I rate highly. Sturridge does have pace, both their first touch is average regardless of who's is better, Daniel is not a better finisher and how can you say he has better vision? He's arguably more selfish than Suarez and is half the player of Luis so it actually looks worse on Sturridge...

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11491
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Helmer on Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 pm

i think it's really harsh to compare both of them right now, borini was injured and sturridge is more experienced than him as of now. Stu has been in and around EPL for quite a long, so naturally he is more accustomed with everything. So both the aspects are in favour of stu as of now. So for time being, stu is better. But I do hate him when he takes the ball on the left and then covers the fraacking whole width of the pitch instead of passing to anyone. But he can lead the line better than borini, he can hold the ball better when under pressure from defenders.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7990
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Natalie Portman on Tue May 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Sturridge- 11 goals and 3 assists in 14 games....and already being called average.

I hope we sign many average players like him this summer then.....

ynwa and his agenda against English players :bow: ...who are we kidding? When we were linked with Sturridge in december, most people of this section were in band of "O NO, NOT ANOTHER OVER-RATED EXPENSIVE ENGLISH ASFASF".

So far, Dan has proved them wrong. but they are desperately finding any excuse to still bash him with . Sturridge :bow: :bow: :bow:

_________________
Raise the quality of the forums:
Minimum Age for Registration: 20 Y.O

Natalie Portman
NOT actually a woman

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts : 5009
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:i think it's really harsh to compare both of them right now, borini was injured and sturridge is more experienced than him as of now. Stu has been in and around EPL for quite a long, so naturally he is more accustomed with everything. So both the aspects are in favour of stu as of now. So for time being, stu is better. But I do hate him when he takes the ball on the left and then covers the fraacking whole width of the pitch instead of passing to anyone. But he can lead the line better than borini, he can hold the ball better when under pressure from defenders.
..except Borini was for four years with the Chavs.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2290
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Should Hazard be offloaded, or Juan Mata, or David Silva, or hell even Coutinho because they lack "physicality" in the league? It's all a myth lol. Borini is talented and if you watch him play you'll see his quality.
As I said, they all have talent which makes up for their lack of physicality.. Borini doesn't.

"No pace" Okay. You'd actually find out he's quite quick if you actually watch him play.
If he is 'quite quick' then my grandma is faster than Usain Bolt. Laughing He has average pace at best.

"No tricks" is even worse. Borini and Sturridge are very similiar in this area. The only reason you're saying that is because Sturridge does useless step overs from time to time.
By tricks I don't just mean tricks. He has no flair. He's pretty one-dimensional to say the least. If you think Borini has similar tricks as Sturridge then you must be having a laugh. Borini is nowhere close.

"Average finisher" is just wrong. He's a better finisher than Sturridge. Atleast he finds it more natural to finish than Daniel.
As evidenced by 2 goals in 19 games. Proud

The only thing Daniel Sturridge has at the moment is experience. Watch Borini outshine him next year.
ok

The only thing Borini has on his side is age. But given the amount we paid for him, he is expected to bang in right away. I doubt he'll score goals like Studge's first goal against Fulham. Him being young and lacking experience is a sorry excuse tbh. Coutinho is younger, came from a different league (having not played in England before) and has quickly adapted. Borini, who had been in England for 4 years previously, is meanwhile struggling.




ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2290
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Arquitescu on Tue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Sturridge- 11 goals and 3 assists in 14 games....and already being called average.

I hope we sign many average players like him this summer then.....

ynwa and his agenda against English players ...who are we kidding? When we were linked with Sturridge in december, most people of this section were in band of "O NO, NOT ANOTHER OVER-RATED EXPENSIVE ENGLISH ASFASF".

So far, Dan has proved them wrong. but they are desperately finding any excuse to still bash him with . Sturridge

Sepi what in the world is this?

-One who doesn't like certain characteristics in a player who happens to be English, does not automatically have him labelled having "an agenda against the English" as I don't know why you label that onto anyone. Aside from Downing, there is not a single English player I have heard YNWA slate within Liverpool. And Downing is f**king shit, thus criticism justified.

-Nowhere did he say DS15 was average. That is rather harsh.


If he is 'quite quick' then my grandma is faster than Usain Bolt. He has average pace at best.

Yes cause Pace is the end all be all of strikers. Lets just throw away instinct, positioning and intelligence outside the window.

By tricks I don't just mean tricks. He has no flair. He's pretty one-dimensional to say the least. If you think Borini has similar tricks as Sturridge then you must be having a laugh. Borini is nowhere close.

So I guess a striker must have "tricks" in his Arsenal? If you haven't noticed, Borini is a fox-in-the-box in the mould of Dirk Kuyt. One-dimensional? Yes cause he repeats the same piece of movement all the time right? Despite a player who loves to explore the box channels and anticipate balls?


As evidenced by 2 goals in 19 games.

:facepalm:
Of course, considering he hasn't played a single game of 90s mins when starting, has 10 games from the bench, and the bulk of them recovery bouts from his injury. Or how about the several times he was stuck out wide? Consider that? Skewed statements here.

Maybe you didn't consider his Roma time or Swansea. Of course you will bring more useless stats to back you banal statements

The only thing Borini has on his side is age. But given the amount we paid for him, he is expected to bang in right away. I doubt he'll score goals like Studge's first goal against Fulham. Him being young and lacking experience is a sorry excuse tbh. Coutinho is younger, came from a different league (having not played in England before) and has quickly adapted. Borini, who had been in England for 4 years previously, is meanwhile struggling.

Considering he was age 21 when we bought him, you know the age where they are expected to develop considering they are a future prospect, he was NOT expected to perform right away. I don't know what fantasy dreamland you come from where U-22 year olds are expected to perform yet it isn't within this set-up.

Coutinho had the advantage of being played to his strengths yet half of the time Borini was stuck out wide or recovering from injury or just plain unlucky. I understand intelligent movement, drawing out defenders to open space, link-up play or pure instinct doesn't mean shit to you yet your on the gun judgement of a player on his propensity is quite laughable.

I'm done with this silly comparison Laughing




_________________


Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Yes cause Pace is the end all be all of strikers. Lets just throw away instinct, positioning and intelligence outside the window.
I was just mentioning abilities which Borini doesn't possess. I agree with whatever you said but you can't undermine the importance of PACE especially in a league like PL. This isn't Serie A where a 35 year old Di Natale can score 15+ goals a season. Look at what happened to Torres after that knee injury, it took away his major attribute, his pace and now he's unable to make those speedy runs in the box he used to make while he was at Liverpool. He has turned gobs***e.

So I guess a striker must have "tricks" in his Arsenal? If you haven't noticed, Borini is a fox-in-the-box in the mould of Dirk Kuyt. One-dimensional? Yes cause he repeats the same piece of movement all the time right? Despite a player who loves to explore the box channels and anticipate balls?

Of course, considering he hasn't played a single game of 90s mins when starting, has 10 games from the bench, and the bulk of them recovery bouts from his injury. Or how about the several times he was stuck out wide? Consider that? Skewed statements here.

Maybe you didn't consider his Roma time or Swansea. Of course you will bring more useless stats to back you banal statements
Whatever you said does sound fancy on paper but I haven't come across that during his time at Liverpool LOL

Stuck out wide? I don't even think he was bought to play as the main man upfront. Even if he was, chances of that happening now are gone. Suarez has found his footing as the CF and Sturridge is the second in line.

Considering he was age 21 when we bought him, you know the age where they are expected to develop considering they are a future prospect, he was NOT expected to perform right away. I don't know what fantasy dreamland you come from where U-22 year olds are expected to perform yet it isn't within this set-up.

Coutinho had the advantage of being played to his strengths yet half of the time Borini was stuck out wide or recovering from injury or just plain unlucky. I understand intelligent movement, drawing out defenders to open space, link-up play or pure instinct doesn't mean shit to you yet your on the gun judgement of a player on his propensity is quite laughable.
Yes.. but we aren't super rich as Chelsea to pay 10m on future prospects lol. He was meant to be a first teamer straight away but he has so failed to do so. Not everyone can be played to their strengths. Besides, Borini played as the wide forward last season at Roma. Again, whatever you said sounds admirable but I'll reserve my judgment until he actually does those things with us. Laughing

How can you call someone more talented than the other when the other has performed miles better on the pitch when it mattered? What's the use of supposed 'talent' when you can't perform? Sounds a bit preposterous and irrational to me.

Oh btw, when Sturridge had joined us, he had just returned from an injury as well. Not to mention he had fitness issues..

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2290
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Arquitescu on Tue May 14, 2013 10:13 pm

I was just mentioning abilities which Borini doesn't possess. I agree with whatever you said but you can't undermine the importance of PACE especially in a league like PL. This isn't Serie A where a 35 year old Di Natale can score 15+ goals a season. Look at what happened to Torres after that knee injury, it took away his major attribute, his pace and now he's unable to make those speedy runs in the box he used to make while he was at Liverpool. He has turned gobs***e.

This is where you analysis is extremely suspect.

-Di Natale despite his age possess' considerable speed. He scores simply because he is a brilliant finisher and a very complete striker. Pacy strikers and attackers don't work in Serie A simply because they are easily marked out due to their reliance on that attribute.

-Torres isn't shit because of his loss of pace. In fact his pace was always overrated. It was an important part of his toolset yet never the reason behind his world class days. He simply has lost any of his composure under pressure, cannot finish, lost his confidence and ability to exploit open spaces within the box. In fact he has recovered some of his pace under Rafa and has done f**k all since.

Pace's importance? Dear god this isn't the 90s man. Then just this season alone, why do guys like Michu, Lampard, Dzeko, Berbatov, Ba, and countless average paced strikers of the previous seasons continue to be prolific? Same myth as in the PL you need cannot be physically frail.


Whatever you said does sound fancy on paper but I haven't come across that during his time at Liverpool LOL

Another reason on how you possess a rather arbitrary outlook of judging strikers. Borini was bought for his ability to exploit channels of space caused by drawing out defenders and using them. Just like how Torres found his goal scoring chances, or Dirk Kuyt. He has been at the right place at the right time countless times, just needs to refine his finishing touch.

And yes he was bought to be eventually played central yet was stuck outwide due to systematic changes which was right in front of all of our faces. Whether he finds form ahead of his competitors is not for any of us to predict. Unless you are Nostradamus, which I am starting to believe you are.

Yes.. but we aren't super rich as Chelsea to pay 10m on future prospects lol. He was meant to be a first teamer straight away but he has so failed to do so. Not everyone can be played to their strengths. Besides, Borini played as the wide forward last season at Roma. Again, whatever you said sounds admirable but I'll reserve my judgment until he actually does those things with us.


He has failed to do so due to the fact that he hasn't had a single consistent run of games due to a string of injuries, to which has hindered his development in a system which continues to be developed. Rather Autocratic way of looking at things.

Borini played a wide forward in a handful of games yet the games he scored in came from within 4-3-1-2 partnership. He is adept at playing wide yet in order to score goals, he must be played central, hence why he is slowly being phased back to provide competition.


How can you call someone more talented than the other when the other has performed miles better on the pitch when it mattered? What's the use of supposed 'talent' when you can't perform? Sounds a bit preposterous and irrational to me.

I did not call one more talented than the other. This clearly is a misunderstanding from you. Sadly once again you jump the gun in measuring one performances over the other despite not calculating outliers and circumstances to one individual.

Sturridge did indeed have fitness issues yet is far more experienced within the PL, actually was played in his desired position, and wasn't hampered by long term injuries like Fabio.

Point of it all is it is far too early to judge differences of propensity and ability to perform when a fair comparison has not been established. They are both our players, we should cheer them on equally especially considering they are both young and have years of development ahead of them.









_________________


Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by RedOranje on Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 am

*sigh*

_________________

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 11146
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Don't call me James on Wed May 15, 2013 12:44 am

@RedOranje wrote:*sigh*

I know Sad No idea how this turned into a comparison thread.

_________________

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 27294
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Red Alert on Wed May 15, 2013 4:49 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Sturridge- 11 goals and 3 assists in 14 games....and already being called average.

I hope we sign many average players like him this summer then.....

ynwa and his agenda against English players :bow: ...who are we kidding? When we were linked with Sturridge in december, most people of this section were in band of "O NO, NOT ANOTHER OVER-RATED EXPENSIVE ENGLISH ASFASF".

So far, Dan has proved them wrong. but they are desperately finding any excuse to still bash him with . Sturridge :bow: :bow: :bow:

Where have I called him average?
And I have an agenda against English players? That's a new one.
You continue to make up arguments to try and get your points across.

All I said was I find Borini more talented out of the two. Hence he has more potential. I've already stated Daniel is a lot better as of now. But that's only because he has game time under his belt.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11491
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Red Alert on Wed May 15, 2013 5:01 am

@ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Should Hazard be offloaded, or Juan Mata, or David Silva, or hell even Coutinho because they lack "physicality" in the league? It's all a myth lol. Borini is talented and if you watch him play you'll see his quality.
As I said, they all have talent which makes up for their lack of physicality.. Borini doesn't.

"No pace" Okay. You'd actually find out he's quite quick if you actually watch him play.
If he is 'quite quick' then my grandma is faster than Usain Bolt. Laughing He has average pace at best.

"No tricks" is even worse. Borini and Sturridge are very similiar in this area. The only reason you're saying that is because Sturridge does useless step overs from time to time.
By tricks I don't just mean tricks. He has no flair. He's pretty one-dimensional to say the least. If you think Borini has similar tricks as Sturridge then you must be having a laugh. Borini is nowhere close.

"Average finisher" is just wrong. He's a better finisher than Sturridge. Atleast he finds it more natural to finish than Daniel.
As evidenced by 2 goals in 19 games. Proud

The only thing Daniel Sturridge has at the moment is experience. Watch Borini outshine him next year.
ok

The only thing Borini has on his side is age. But given the amount we paid for him, he is expected to bang in right away. I doubt he'll score goals like Studge's first goal against Fulham. Him being young and lacking experience is a sorry excuse tbh. Coutinho is younger, came from a different league (having not played in England before) and has quickly adapted. Borini, who had been in England for 4 years previously, is meanwhile struggling.


Arqs pretty much responded to this but if I may add:

Borini has been riddled with injuries for majority of this season. How can you suggest he's not good enough to play in this league if he hasn't been able to play consistently?

I love how he went from having "no pace" at all to "average pace"
Watch him play.

And again how can you say he's a one dimensional player? And what exactly has Sturridge shown to suggest that he's all of that on the ball? They both lack "flair" or what ever you want to call it. Sturridge doesn't have too many great "tricks" so it's a stupid argument.

How many of those 19 games did he start? How many of those 19 games did he play a continuous 90 minutes game? How many of those 19 games did he come off the bench? How many of those 19 games did he play up top? Looking at stats is not the best way to judge a player...

And he was not bought to perform right away... and even if he was (but he wasn't), he was injured very early to his career with us. He came back and re-injured himself. He's hardly had a fair chance.

I doubt Sturridge could score half of the goals Luis is capable of, should we sell Daniel? Come on. What sort of argument is that.

Coutinho has had over 100 games under his belt, and as Arq has said, he's had consistent game time. Borini hasn't. You can't compare the two.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11491
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Wed May 15, 2013 7:18 am

All I said was I find Borini more talented out of the two. Hence he has more potential. I've already stated Daniel is a lot better as of now. But that's only because he has game time under his belt.
See this is what I don't get.. how can you call someone more talented than the other when the latter has shown absolutely nothing of that talent on the pitch? Puzzles me.

I love how he went from having "no pace" at all to "average pace"
Watch him play.
Laughing Everyone has pace.. Borini has no extra pace i.e average pace.

And again how can you say he's a one dimensional player? And what exactly has Sturridge shown to suggest that he's all of that on the ball? They both lack "flair" or what ever you want to call it. Sturridge doesn't have too many great "tricks" so it's a stupid argument.
Sturridge lacks flair? You gotta be kidding me. He has a presence on the pitch, similar to Suarez. Borini doesn't.. you don't need to be a virtuoso to see that.

And he was not bought to perform right away... and even if he was (but he wasn't), he was injured very early to his career with us. He came back and re-injured himself. He's hardly had a fair chance.

I doubt Sturridge could score half of the goals Luis is capable of, should we sell Daniel? Come on. What sort of argument is that.
He WAS bought to perform in straight away. As I said, we aren't funded by Sheikhs to pump in 10m on future prospects.

Sturridge can't but you're not getting the point. Both of Borini's goals were 5 yard finishes, one of them was against a midtable Belarusian side and the other one was against a shitty defense in the form of Newcastle. Goals will not be spoonfed to him and he won't get such space everytime.

Coutinho has had over 100 games under his belt, and as Arq has said, he's had consistent game time. Borini hasn't. You can't compare the two.
Some of the excuses are mindblowing. Laughing

Sterling had zero experience at the top level yet he was impressive in the first half of the season.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2290
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Wed May 15, 2013 7:41 am

-Torres isn't shit because of his loss of pace. In fact his pace was always overrated. It was an important part of his toolset yet never the reason behind his world class days. He simply has lost any of his composure under pressure, cannot finish, lost his confidence and ability to exploit open spaces within the box. In fact he has recovered some of his pace under Rafa and has done f**k all since.
Yes he is. That injury took away all his pace and that is one of the main reasons why he has lost his finishing touch. He doesn't seem to make those runs into the box that he used to make. Loss of pace is the reason for that.

Pace's importance? Dear god this isn't the 90s man. Then just this season alone, why do guys like Michu, Lampard, Dzeko, Berbatov, Ba, and countless average paced strikers of the previous seasons continue to be prolific? Same myth as in the PL you need cannot be physically frail.
You forgot to mention Bale, Benteke, Walcott, Lukaku. Laughing

Michu got found out in the second half of the season. His composure while in the box was one of the main reasons for him thriving in the first half of the season. In the second half, he hasn't been that impressive has he?

Most of Lampard's goals are deflections or 5 yard tap-ins lol

Dzeko is a stereotypical poacher and his poaching instincts more than make up for it. Ba possesses considerable pace.

Yes this isn't 90s when big, strong targetmen used to prosper. Superficial things like pace matter a lot these days. That's why scrubs like Bale and Walcott are managing to score 15+ goals per season.

Borini played a wide forward in a handful of games yet the games he scored in came from within 4-3-1-2 partnership. He is adept at playing wide yet in order to score goals, he must be played central, hence why he is slowly being phased back to provide competition
As far as I know, most of his goals last season came when he played alongside Totti and Osvaldo as the wide forward.

I did not call one more talented than the other. This clearly is a misunderstanding from you. Sadly once again you jump the gun in measuring one performances over the other despite not calculating outliers and circumstances to one individual.

Sturridge did indeed have fitness issues yet is far more experienced within the PL, actually was played in his desired position, and wasn't hampered by long term injuries like Fabio.

Point of it all is it is far too early to judge differences of propensity and ability to perform when a fair comparison has not been established. They are both our players, we should cheer them on equally especially considering they are both young and have years of development ahead of them.
That was aimed at ynwa. Not a misunderstanding.

I agree with what you said but I couldn't resist myself when I saw Borini being called more talented than Sturridge. I mean wtf? Laughing if he was as good as Sturridge in his performances then I would've accepted that.

Besides, Borini had four months of proper game time before his injury when he managed to do f*ckall. Not to mention he should know the English gameplay very well having played for four seasons with the Chavs previously.

I'm done.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2290
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Red Alert on Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 am

@ExtremistEnigma wrote:
All I said was I find Borini more talented out of the two. Hence he has more potential. I've already stated Daniel is a lot better as of now. But that's only because he has game time under his belt.
See this is what I don't get.. how can you call someone more talented than the other when the latter has shown absolutely nothing of that talent on the pitch? Puzzles me.

I love how he went from having "no pace" at all to "average pace"
Watch him play.
Laughing Everyone has pace.. Borini has no extra pace i.e average pace.

And again how can you say he's a one dimensional player? And what exactly has Sturridge shown to suggest that he's all of that on the ball? They both lack "flair" or what ever you want to call it. Sturridge doesn't have too many great "tricks" so it's a stupid argument.
Sturridge lacks flair? You gotta be kidding me. He has a presence on the pitch, similar to Suarez. Borini doesn't.. you don't need to be a virtuoso to see that.

And he was not bought to perform right away... and even if he was (but he wasn't), he was injured very early to his career with us. He came back and re-injured himself. He's hardly had a fair chance.

I doubt Sturridge could score half of the goals Luis is capable of, should we sell Daniel? Come on. What sort of argument is that.
He WAS bought to perform in straight away. As I said, we aren't funded by Sheikhs to pump in 10m on future prospects.

Sturridge can't but you're not getting the point. Both of Borini's goals were 5 yard finishes, one of them was against a midtable Belarusian side and the other one was against a shitty defense in the form of Newcastle. Goals will not be spoonfed to him and he won't get such space everytime.

Coutinho has had over 100 games under his belt, and as Arq has said, he's had consistent game time. Borini hasn't. You can't compare the two.
Some of the excuses are mindblowing. Laughing

Sterling had zero experience at the top level yet he was impressive in the
first half of the season.

I have some sort of a gift. I can "see" talent. Not sure how but when I see a player, I know he's going to be destined for greatness or well, he'll be decent. And I'm telling you Borini will be a better player than Sturridge. Again. That's only my opiniong of course. Sturridge is decent in his own way but he's nothing special. And Borini does not have "average" pace. lol Regardless of his pace, he's a very smart player. He exploits space - similiarly to Tevez.

Daniel does lack flair. So what if he has prescence on the field. Jamie Carragher has presence on the field. Can he pull something extradionry out? lol

Borini was NOT paid to perform straight away. I'm not sure why you keep stating it as a fact. And so what if Borini's goals so far have been from 5 yards? Did you not see his shot that hit the post last week? Are you telling me he missed that because he can only score from 5 yards? Also his movement is the reason why he's always in the position so he will continue to get in a position to score.

A goal is a goal regardless of who he scores against anyway. Are you really telling me Sturridge's goal against United at Old Trafford meant a lot more than his goal against any of his goals Fulham or Newcastle or Mansfield because United are "bigger" than the other respected sides?

Sterling had CONSISTENT playing time. I don't understand why you don't take that into account.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11491
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Fahim89 on Thu May 16, 2013 8:56 am

Now sorry to all but i feel this arguement is pointless as i feel both these players are going to be immense for us. Now who is better or worse is not a discussion. Borini will need time but i see him scoring 15+ goals next season & Sturridge 20+. However, Borini still has some things to learn whereas Sturridge as more of a readymade product. It's only a matter of time when both start blazing guns together.

Now that's just me blabbering about drinking

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by stevieg8 on Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 pm

@Fahim89 wrote:Now sorry to all but i feel this arguement is pointless as i feel both these players are going to be immense for us. Now who is better or worse is not a discussion. Borini will need time but i see him scoring 15+ goals next season & Sturridge 20+. However, Borini still has some things to learn whereas Sturridge as more of a readymade product. It's only a matter of time when both start blazing guns together.

Now that's just me blabbering about drinking

Fahim just summarized everything I was thinking about this argument. I could care less who's better than who in some abstract way. If their talent is good, their form is good, then start them and let's all sit back and enjoy the players we have at our disposal.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Don't call me James on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 am



DS15 Proud Fantastic video I thought

_________________

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 27294
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Helmer on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 pm

great video, what a  fearful attack it may be when aspas joins suarez, sturridge and coutinho Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7990
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:29 pm



My god Borini. Keep him at ALL COSTS

_________________

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 27294
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Helmer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Im the biggest fan of Italian and Spanish beauties...I would like to see her in the crowd cheering for Borini

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7990
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm with you on that HMR. She's absolutely gorgeous. I love me some Italian women.

_________________

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 27294
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Nishankly on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:52 pm

#OT
Remember Aquilani's gf? :wub: 

Nishankly
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9810
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Helmer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 pm

We have this superstition for fun among my friends here, if we see any gorgeous gal supporter from any particular team on the tv screen, that team will go on to win Razz .Dont know if it is common with others too and hence my request that I would like to see her in the crowd sometimes.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7990
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:40 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum