Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 11 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by Art Morte on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:45 am

Yeah, it's like he's out of sync with the rest of the team. I also didn't like it how towards the end of the Burnley game he would drift well out wide and stay there, presumably just eager to get the ball instead of staying in the danger areas. It looked stupid when we had a wing-back, an AM and a striker all within 5 metres from each other out in the flank and no one in the goal-scoring areas.

Anyway, hopefully he'll be able to shake the rust and finish the season strongly.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 11 Empty Re: Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15

Post by iftikhar on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Liverpool Echo wrote:People are talking about Christian Benteke. They are talking about, for whatever reason, Alexandre Lacazette and Marco Reus; about Fabio Borini, Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli.

People are talking about Danny Ings, Divock Origi and, most certainly, Raheem Sterling. They are even talking, still, about Luis Suarez.

But nobody is really talking about Daniel Sturridge.
Sad

Click here for full article
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:50 pm

it is our and his bad luck that he is so often injured Sad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:10 pm

@iftikhar wrote:
Liverpool Echo wrote:People are talking about Christian Benteke. They are talking about, for whatever reason, Alexandre Lacazette and Marco Reus; about Fabio Borini, Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli.

People are talking about Danny Ings, Divock Origi and, most certainly, Raheem Sterling. They are even talking, still, about Luis Suarez.

But nobody is really talking about Daniel Sturridge.
Sad

Click here for full article

He's going to miss the start of the season, what was it, two or months or something? Of course no one's going to be talking about him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:42 pm

By the way, he did the EXACT same thing as Sterling a few years ago. Laughing

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:16 am

Good news. Apparently way ahead of schedule. Could be back to training by the end of August and be available for United match.

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 11 A166a4dcc909727f0a429ad67bd70faa.450x241x133
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:27 am

@Don't call me James wrote:Good news. Apparently way ahead of schedule. Could be back to training by the end of August and be available for United match.
if benteke is scoring goals then I don't see him getting back in the team. we will be playing 1 up front.

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 11 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:29 am

Sturridge is too good. If he's 100% fit then I have no doubt we would make room for him.

Sturridge || The Double Edged Sword #15 - Page 11 A166a4dcc909727f0a429ad67bd70faa.450x241x133
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 am

@Don't call me James wrote:Sturridge is too good. If he's 100% fit then I have no doubt we would make room for him.
how do you think we would line up with big ben and deadly dan in the team mate.

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 am

Maybe a diamond in midfield with the two of them up front how we played with SAS. Coutinho can sure as hell play at the tip of the diamond or as one of the 2 in midfielder in front of the DM. So gives room for Firmino as well.

Sturridge - Benteke
(Origi)     -    (Ings)
Firmino
(Lallana)
Coutinho  ---  Hendo
(Teixeira) --- (Milner)
Lucas
(Can)

My personal favorite formation with the personnel we have when Sturridge is available.

Ibe can play at the tip as well.

Otherwise Sturridge played majority of his career as a RW at Chelsea and did well so he can certainly play there if need be if we go 4-3-3

Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:32 am

@Unique wrote:
@Don't call me James wrote:Sturridge is too good. If he's 100% fit then I have no doubt we would make room for him.

DStudge forced his way into the team when we had world's best player in Suarez playing as a striker.

Benteke is nothing....compared to that Laughing

Sturridge is a proven 1 in 2 striker for us. BenHeskey hasn't proved anything at a LFC shirt yet.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:08 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
@Unique wrote:

DStudge forced his way into the team when we had world's best player in Suarez playing as a striker.

Benteke is nothing....compared to that Laughing

Sturridge is a proven 1 in 2 striker for us. BenHeskey hasn't proved anything at a LFC shirt yet.
true. but benteke is also a 1 in 2 striker. and the team has moved on from the sas days. coutinho. firmino. Henderson and milner will all play when fit. I can see us playing can. Henderson and milner as a mid 3. then coutinho. firmino and benteke as a front 3. so if big ben is playing well and scoring goals. who do we drop for deadly dan. also I will bet you right now that benteke will be a top player for us. Wink

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:17 am

this will be the team for this season imo.

..............benteke...........
coutinho.................firmino
.......milner....Henderson..
................can.............
Moreno..skittles..sakho..clyne

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:53 am

Studge forced his way in? Who was stopping him? Laughing

I think Sturridge is a bit overrated on these boards. He has yet to prove himself without Suarez. I'm not convinced that he is better than Benteke.

Obviously if he's healthy and playing at his best he would either start or at least get a lot of minutes alongside Tekkerz, but I still think the most effective formation for this team will be a 4-2-3-1 moving forward.

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:45 am

@Curtinho wrote:Studge forced his way in? Who was stopping him? Laughing

I think Sturridge is a bit overrated on these boards. He has yet to prove himself without Suarez. I'm not convinced that he is better than Benteke.

Obviously if he's healthy and playing at his best he would either start or at least get a lot of minutes alongside Tekkerz, but I still think the most effective formation for this team will be a 4-2-3-1 moving forward.

Are you EFFING serious ?

Sturridge was benched due to injury at March when he joined....he came up as a sub when we drew 2-2 in the game Suarez bit Ivanovic.

Then Suarez got the banned, and it allowed  Sturridge to return to starting line up and he never looked back.

Scored 2 vs. Newcastle
Scored a hattrick vs. Fulham
Won us 9 points in our first 3 wins of the 13/14 season (Stoke, Villa, Man U) ...All very very good goals.
Also scored vs. Swansea, and then Suarez came back and Sturridge had scored 9 league goals during Suarez 10 match ban

9 GOALS IN 10 GAMES WITHOUT SUAREZ...can't prove himself Laughing

and then the rest in history. Daniel Sturridge' goals in 13/14 season won us MORE POINTS than Luisito's. If Daniel Sturridge didn't get injured vs. City in 13/14 and was fit and raring to go for the start of Chelsea game, we'd have won the title. Even last season, Sturridge scored more goals than rest of our forwards combined despite barely even playing.

You hate Sturridge, you didn't like Sterling, and don't care much for Sakho....Yet you constantly glorify likes of Henderson, Allen, Lovren,. and Borini.

Do you have naturally gifted and talented players ???

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:28 am

@Curtinho wrote:Studge forced his way in? Who was stopping him? Laughing

Shocked rofl

Are you EFFING serious ?
Thumbs up :bow:

Until injury derailed (and might potentially have ruined) his career, for first 1.5 year in LFC shirt, he was playing like one of the best strikers in the world.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 am

Natalie Portman wrote:You hate Sturridge, you didn't like Sterling, and don't care much for Sakho....Yet you constantly glorify likes of Henderson, Allen, Lovren,. and Borini.

Do you have naturally gifted and talented players ???

I'm not going to address the cherry picking of stats (Sturridge scored a grand total of 32 goals in 108 apps before joining Liverpool, 5 goals in 16 apps for England, and 5 goals in 17 apps after Suarez left, and the diagnosis was that he had a long standing hip issue that predated last season). I think he's talented, but very selfish and he certainly doesn't possesses the kind of vision and passing ability that would make him an elite player. He's a clinical goal scorer, yes.

There's a lot more to it, but anyway, I'd rather address this crap about me somehow not caring for Sakho (who I've said before I think is our best cb), my supposed disliking of Sterling (who I've always said is one of the most talented players of his age on the planet, but I lost any respect/care for him in the transfer saga) and somehow I "hate" Sturridge because I don't think he's one of the best players in the PL?

Meanwhile you seem to think that Henderson isn't talented. When am I "constantly" glorifying Lovren, Allen and Borini? Get your head out of your ass. Seems to me the only things you care about are flash and style -- not actual talent, or substance.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Sturridge is anything but overrated, He's a proven goal scorer. He can be shit for 89.59 mins but score in that 1 second of play.

He's one of the most prolific strikers Liverpool has seen in decades, How can you call him overrated?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:43 pm

I wouldn't say he's overrated, but I do think we need to see him play consecutively for a few months to get an updated idea of his current level. He was not in great form when he was fit last season, so you could say he needs to step it up from the last time he's played for us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Nishy wrote:Sturridge is anything but overrated, He's a proven goal scorer. He can be shit for 89.59 mins but score in that 1 second of play.

He's one of the most prolific strikers Liverpool has seen in decades, How can you call him overrated?

He's overrated because I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be. It's just my opinion. I still think he's a good player and would like to have him healthy and playing again, but I don't think he's one of the best players in the PL.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Sturridge has a better goal/minute ratio than Torres who everyone cries about.

Not to mention he's got a lot more assists for us than Torres ever got.

The only striker better than a fit Sturridge in this league, is Sergio Aguero.

Sturridge just smells like goals. players like that are rare....they just don't grow on trees.

not to mention, he's Coutinho's favourite player and partner by far.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 pm

When fit Sturridge scores goals and as a great blend of pace, technique etc etc.

He's not overrated at all, you just have forgotten how good he can be when he's fit. I have no emotional connection to him at all like some of you do being Liverpool fans but i'm telling you when fit he's without a doubt a top 3 striker in the league.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Sturridge has had one good season. Torres scored 33, 17 and 22 goals for us and was always a big game player before dropping off the face of the earth (relatively speaking). Sturridge scored 25 goals playing next to one of the top 3 players in the world, and followed it up with a 5 goal season, and was nothing to write home about before joining Liverpool.

Again, I appreciate the tools he has, but one season does not make a top 3 striker in the league. For example Benteke has scored more goals over the last 3 seasons, playing on a much worst team with much worse service, and also went through a devastating injury. Yet...tons of people from this board, and others, were dreading the idea of buying Benteke for this team.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:56 pm

You're comparing Benteke to a fully fit Sturridge? Seriously? :facepalm:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Sturridge one good season ??

He was a sensation in his youth. City took Chelsea to court when they stole him.

At Chelsea, all their fans were cryng for him to play. He went on loan to Bolton and scored like 8 goals in 12 matches in PL.

came back to Chelsea and was their BEST player under AVB, and their top scorer. a main factor why they even made it out of the group stage in the CL campaign they won. He fell out of favour with the plodder that was RDM....before joining us and banging in 10 LEAGUE goals in half a season, before his full season with Suarez.

1 good season my arse.

Reaching RA level of non-sense these days.....RA plz return !!!!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:32 pm

There are a million and one youth prodigies that never become superstars.

So when Chelsea finished 6th and he scored a grand total of 11 league goals (13 total) that is a 'good' season? Sorry, maybe I should have been clear I meant like a 'top' season as he had with us in 13/14. I mean, I guess Ings had a good season last year also. Benteke scored 12 goals and 2 assists in 16 games after Sherwood took over last season.

I hope Sturridge comes back and sets the world on fire. A top class poacher is not a bad thing.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next