Thimmy
CBarca
TheRedStag
OLpower
sportsczy
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Olympique de Marseille:  Droit au but Empty Olympique de Marseille: Droit au but

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Needed on of these.  This is the club i personally grew up idolizing and loving.... still do.  Madrid is 2nd in my heart actually.

So how are we doing?

Better than expected.  We're building a new stadium, but our owner is pretty much broke or at least does not have great ambition for the club.  However, Deschamps got us back on track despite a difficult last year and Baup has done a great job.

News #1:  Remy is likely.  If he is or not doesn't matter.  With an in form Gignac and the Ayew brothers, we have plenty of strikers.  The rumor is that OM is going to spend the OM money to get a holding midfielder.  Moussa Sissoko is being mentioned.  I personally feel that Capoue is better.  But then again, Sissoko will be much cheaper because Toulouse are desperate to make something before he leaves for free this summer.

News #2:  Andre Ayew is not selected for the CAN.  This probably saved our ambitions lol.

If we can turn Remy into Sissoko and we stay healthy, we have a good shot at winning a CL spot.  Ligue 1 title will depend on PSG.  They have overwhelming talent and we can't compete if they are playing well...  nobody in the league can.

Mandanda, Valbuena, Gignac and our CB play are the keys to our team.  I worry about our CBs tbh.  they are very error prone.

Surprising and good season so far.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Olympique de Marseille:  Droit au but Empty Re: Olympique de Marseille: Droit au but

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Have a chance to keep up with Lyon for first place tonight.

Remy has left for Newcastle... best of luck to him. OM is trying hard to land Moussa Sissoko as they have already agreed to terms with Toulouse. But Moussa may want to go somewhere else.

Regardless, it looks like OM is going to sign a midfielder in this window.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Olympique de Marseille:  Droit au but Empty Re: Olympique de Marseille: Droit au but

Post by OLpower Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Bad result... But for Marseille, the gap with the fourth has not diminished and they still have 6 points as a security.

Next few matchs will show if Marseille is playing for the first or the third place. They have a less complete squad but the team is working 120% so far due to high motivations.

I am curious to see if Baup can keep up with this focus.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah... terrible result. It was snowing and we went down 3-0 in 50 mins with terrible defense. We dominated the rest of the game and hit the woodwork 4 times.

One of those nights.

I don't like our CBs at all and i've never liked them. They are far too error prone. Mandanda can't save them every time. Instead of a midfielder, OM should try and get a CB. I was going to say Isimat-Mirin... but they lost 5-0 to nice lol. Still, i think that kid is good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Where is the poster Droit these days? scratch
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:22 pm

TheRedStag wrote:Where is the poster Droit these days? scratch

I looked a couple days ago and he hasn't been on GL since October 29th Sad

Seems that having a kid can make one busy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 pm

CBarca wrote:
TheRedStag wrote:Where is the poster Droit these days? scratch

I looked a couple days ago and he hasn't been on GL since October 29th Sad

Seems that having a kid can make one busy.

Pesky little kids. Evil or Very Mad
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 am

Pessimist about Moussa Sissoko. I don't think it's happen. There's talk about buying two fowards and moving Andre Ayew into the midfield. Of course, it would be easier to just have held on to Remy while you figure things out. But i'm used to front office ineptitude by OM lol.

Remy just blasted OM management today. That can't be good for recruitment of NT players. OM has a bad rep to begin with...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:21 pm

On topic: Where the f is Droit Au But!? I haven't seen him around in ages.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Thimmy wrote:On topic: Where the f is Droit Au But!? I haven't seen him around in ages.

Scroll up.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Typical Marseille win... fall behind and then fight back at the end. 3-2 over Montepellier with 2 goals in last 15 mins, the last one being by Gignac at 90+3.

I don't like our midfield play... and Morel+Mendes make me ill lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Gignac back where he left
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm

The Ayew brothers got a goal each, I still shocked they were both drop from the black stars. It's a shame there's too much politics in the Ghana national team, there are worse players than the two who play for the national team. :facepalm:
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Got down to 9 men against Evian lol... It's kind of what i feared for this year. OM is just not deep at all so everyone has to maintain a certain level. Once a couple of players dropped level, then the team would struggle. Exactly what is happening.

I'm just hoping we stay in the European spots. Lyon is dropping off too so the auto CL and CL playoff positions could get interesting with Bordeaux, Rennes and St Etienne closing in.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 am

Fanni saving the day! Too bad it took OM over 80 mins to wake up. The team just needs to come out and go for it ASAP. I feel that they play too cautiously.

Not very impressed by the new winter arrivals btw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Good showing tbh. We were lucky that Lavezzi and Ibra were not on a good night or this could have been really ugly... We were open like a 10 cent prostitute on counters and their speed was too much.

I was hoping we could control things a bit since Armand was forced to play CB and we did mostly. But we didn't create enough clear chances. When you face a defense of Jallet, Armand, Alex, Maxwell (basically meh or shat), you need to force the issue more.

Ayew didn't really show up unfortunately. I would have thought he could do more. Gignac got very little services as a result... but could have scored on the 2-3 he got (1 especially).

We just need to fight Lyon for the #2 spot. They're inconsistent and will stay close to us. PSG is gone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:00 pm

We sucked. I can't stand how negative we play. Thug play and defense... very annoying.

Granted, we only have 2 skilled players in Valbuena and Gignac. Andre Ayew got owned by Van Der Wiel :facepalm:

I like Fanny and that's about it. 3 good players out of a starting 11. That's just not enough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:11 am

For once, OM is doing pretty well in the transfer. First off, they're refusing to sell Nkoulou thank god. Then, they just signed Payet for 10 mil. I also have a feeling that Alessandrini ends up at OM because he has a 6 mil release clause in June 2014 and OM is offering 7.5 mil now.

An attack of Payet, Valebuena, Alessandrini and Gignac is very potent. Defense is always going to be good with Baup as the manager.

Cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Gervinho to Marseille :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Marseille is trying to strongarm Lille for Thauvin but he won't work in my opinion.

Payet and Alessandrini would make a strong addition to Marseille and would reduce the dependance to Valbuena.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 am

Thauvin has been terrible at U20 WC...  like the rest of the NT... but tbh, i've come to expect disappointment with our NTs now pale As long as the managers play 3 DMs and think that we're somehow going to play good footy, it's just self-torture to watch these games.

Point is, i don't think OM should pay a big price for Thauvin until he shows another year of good form.  He may get even more expensive... but at least he won't be such a flop risk.  Right now, he's a pretty big flop risk to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am

Oh and there's a rumor that Newcastle want to pay €15 mil for Gignac Laughing Sell ffs!!!!!  He's a cheeseburger away from being a whale again.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:07 pm

If Newcastle buy Gignac 15 millions and will still can't sell Gomis I will become very sad.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:59 pm

yeah but i doubt it happens.

There's a rumor OM is buying Gervinho. He was great at Lille and shat at Arsenal. Which one is OM buying?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:04 pm

If Gervinho isn't 35 in real age, then it is a good deal to make.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next