B-Mac
The Franchise
Onyx
58 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Xbox Thread

Post by Firenze Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Internet response is pretty much overwhelmingly negative towards the new XBOX.. I've been a Xbox Live member for 7 years. Huge focus on Kinect, major focus on being an "entertainment multimedia box" rather than focusing on gaming and the whole used game debacle..pretty much everything mentioned left me either shrugging of face-palming. I'm ready to jump ship, met a bunch of cool people on XBOX over the years but whatever. Save me Sony Proud

Of course I'll wait for E3 and more info on the PS4 first, but I'm about ready to bow before my Japanese overlords.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed May 22, 2013 12:06 am

Firenze wrote:Internet response is pretty much overwhelmingly negative towards the new XBOX.. I've been a Xbox Live member for 7 years. Huge focus on Kinect, major focus on being an "entertainment multimedia box" rather than focusing on gaming and the whole used game debacle..pretty much everything mentioned left me either shrugging of face-palming. I'm ready to jump ship, met a bunch of cool people on XBOX over the years but whatever. Save me Sony Proud

Of course I'll wait for E3 and more info on the PS4 first, but I'm about ready to bow before my Japanese overlords.

Yeah it looks to be more of a media center than a gaming console, it's clear they're going at the casual gaming market.

They blatantly said they weren't going for high end graphics Suspect

"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play."
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/building-xbox-one-an-inside-look/

And Kinect needs to be always on and connected for the console to work? Why.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 am

Did you really expect them to announce a load of games when E3 is 19 days away?

In any case they announced just as many major exclusives as Sony did.....

They also said there will be 15 exclusives with 8 of them being brand new franchises.

Quite a lot for a company which apparently dont care about games....

Also cast your minds back to Sony's reveal a lot of it was about social media and their own version of kinect.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 am

Ok, I got more news guys from Phil Harrison of the Xbox team, tell me if it's old.

-Each game comes with a activation code.
-You must connect to the internet to activate ALL games.
-The code can only be used once and is tied to your Xbox Live Account.
-"It sit's on your HD and you have "permission"(permission? Wtf?) to play that game, as long as you'd like".
-If you want to take game disk to friends house to play on his Xbox a fee is required.
-Not an activation fee, but the actual price of the game, e.g. Game costs £40, you need to pay £ 40 to play it on friends Xbox.
-The fee allows you to use the activation code that you first recieved when you bought the game on your friends Xbox Live Account.
-"Think of it as a new game".
-RIP Used Games and borrowing games to friends.
-Xbox One requires a Internet connection once every 24 hours, even if playing a single player game.

I'll post more info as it comes.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 22, 2013 12:24 am

That epic moment "Xbox...watch redtube" Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 am

Out of all those 15 exclusives how many are going to be Kinnect games !? Laughing jk
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed May 22, 2013 12:36 am

I'll get both systems, I'm not poor :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 am

pUsHa wrote:Out of all those 15 exclusives how many are going to be Kinnect games !? Laughing jk

Tbf that would be a concern Laughing

But i still fail to see how they are looking at the casual market based on today...

They said before the press conference was even announced that E3 would be about the games and many exclusives and surprises will be made.

Too many definite statements based on this Press conference is being made like its being released tomorrow.... same happened after the PS4 presser.

This presser was going to be about the features and what the system is capable of and the games left till E3, same goes for Sony.

I can get people wanting to pick sides etc etc but saying they are going after the casual market and don't really care about games.... when they already said the games will be left to E3 and did mention a big number of exclusives in the first year for someone who is supposedly aiming for the casual crowd....

Some of the reactions are a bit confusing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 am

May well end up with both consoles by like 2015. But, I'm thinking PS4.

PS exclusives are such a high quality for me.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 22, 2013 1:22 am

Microsoft suggests that a “historic” Rare property may be shown off at E3.

Speaking to Polygon, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer said “fans of Rare and Rare IP I think will be pleased with what we're going to show at E3. We had a limited amount of time today and a lot of story to tell. But Rare remains an incredibly important part of our development capability. That historic IP that they've built I think can play a real important role on Xbox One."

The N64 Banjo Kazooie fanboy in me just did something like this... Chaka
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 am

I'm inclined to side with the game centric PS4, a console should only be used for gaming IMO. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 22, 2013 4:16 am

Pedram wrote:I'm inclined to side with the game centric PS4, a console should only be used for gaming IMO. :coffee:

What makes PS4 more gaming centric?

They showed the same exact amount of major exclusives as Xbox did....

Y'all acting like PS4 showed dozens of major exclusive games and totally ignored the Entertainment and Social stuff which isn't the case at all.

Microsoft said repeatedly before the event, during the event and after the event that the games would be shown at E3....

The reaction from people on the internet is crazy to me...... everyone keeps going where is the games despite the fact it was repeatedly said the games were being saved for E3 which is in 19 days btw.

You can't expect them to show what the system does with its all new features plus a load of new games in an hour press conference when the biggest gaming event there is happens in less than 3 weeks.

They have said many times that there is many titles to show at E3 many of them being exclusives and as i already pointed out it was never the plan to show games at this press conference. As they said before hand E3 is where you will see many exclusive games and they mentioned today they had 15 exclusive games for the first year.

You are all acting that the launch line up has already been announced and there isn't like 3 or 4 major gaming conferences to come before its release.... there's time for all that to come but this was never about the games but the specs and the features it has.

Besides what major exclusive titles did the gaming centric PS4 show?

Killzone and Infamous? lol.

A lot of you are forgetting the bulk of the PS4 press conference was showing what the console can do, social media and showing off its own vision of motion sensor tech.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy here but some of the comments in this thread are truly moronic....

Sony is gaming centric and Microsoft isn't..... Microsoft is looking at the casual market etc etc.

Spencer said Microsoft has "more titles in development now than at any time in Xbox's history". He promised to deliver 15 exclusive games in the first year of Xbox One, "eight of which are brand new franchises".

That really sounds a system that is ignoring the gamer and isn't gaming centric....

The new Xbox Live will offer enhanced cloud functionality, improved matchmaking, new social features, background downloads, skill tracking and an expanded achievements system, Microsoft said. It will also capture gameplay videos for sharing and support a friends list capped at 1,000.

Improved match making and skill tracking really sounds like features that is ignoring the gamer and isn't gaming centric....

I can understand people having a preference, i myself have not decided either way as of yet but some of the things said are borderline trolling/ignorance and not even close to the reality.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 am

PS4 reveal > Xbox Reveal

In terms of Presentation vs Presentation
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Pedram wrote:I'm inclined to side with the game centric PS4, a console should only be used for gaming IMO. :coffee:

What makes PS4 more gaming centric?

They showed the same exact amount of major exclusives as Xbox did....

Y'all acting like PS4 showed dozens of major exclusive games and totally ignored the Entertainment and Social stuff which isn't the case at all.

Microsoft said repeatedly before the event, during the event and after the event that the games would be shown at E3....

The reaction from people on the internet is crazy to me...... everyone keeps going where is the games despite the fact it was repeatedly said the games were being saved for E3 which is in 19 days btw.

You can't expect them to show what the system does with its all new features plus a load of new games in an hour press conference when the biggest gaming event there is happens in less than 3 weeks.

They have said many times that there is many titles to show at E3 many of them being exclusives and as i already pointed out it was never the plan to show games at this press conference. As they said before hand E3 is where you will see many exclusive games and they mentioned today they had 15 exclusive games for the first year.

You are all acting that the launch line up has already been announced and there isn't like 3 or 4 major gaming conferences to come before its release.... there's time for all that to come but this was never about the games but the specs and the features it has.

Besides what major exclusive titles did the gaming centric PS4 show?

Killzone and Infamous? lol.

A lot of you are forgetting the bulk of the PS4 press conference was showing what the console can do, social media and showing off its own vision of motion sensor tech.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy here but some of the comments in this thread are truly moronic....

Sony is gaming centric and Microsoft isn't..... Microsoft is looking at the casual market etc etc.

Spencer said Microsoft has "more titles in development now than at any time in Xbox's history". He promised to deliver 15 exclusive games in the first year of Xbox One, "eight of which are brand new franchises".

That really sounds a system that is ignoring the gamer and isn't gaming centric....

The new Xbox Live will offer enhanced cloud functionality, improved matchmaking, new social features, background downloads, skill tracking and an expanded achievements system, Microsoft said. It will also capture gameplay videos for sharing and support a friends list capped at 1,000.

Improved match making and skill tracking really sounds like features that is ignoring the gamer and isn't gaming centric....

I can understand people having a preference, i myself have not decided either way as of yet but some of the things said are borderline trolling/ignorance and not even close to the reality.

I got a feeling its just cause of the special Kinect games Very Happy

Who the *bleep* would like to jump around like a *bleep* baboon when playing a game? The action is on the screen not in the *bleep* livingroom! Go to the gym instead u lazy Americans!

Enough with the rant.. It is overwhelming to see how the Xbox community is being murdered by PS fanboys like there is not a single Xbox fan left on this earth, truly shocking, and like you said, we wont see *bleep* until june.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed May 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm not even a PS fanboy ... but now they confirmed that used games are going to get blocked , ouch ... Gamestop is going to live off on Sony , lol .

But this terrible tho , no wonder EA cancelled their Online Passes , haha ... Now I can't even borrow a game to see if it's worth playing ?

Why even do this if your competitors aren't ? They're shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of news ...

And what does 15 exclusives in a year even mean !? All big games ? Do they even have the firepower to develop so many exclusives ... i don't get that . I'm assuming some of them to be kinnect and indie games and the rest to be Halo , NFL , Quantum Break , New Gears of War maybe ?
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Used games are going to get blocked ? wtf ?

Microsoft can't be that stupid lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Used games are going to get blocked ? wtf ?

You'll have to pay a fee when you put a used game in the console for the first time , lol !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Used games will be playable for a fee that you pay to Microsoft. they are just getting in on that huge used game market gamestop has been living on for years.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm

That fee needs to be clarified ASAP.
Some are saying its full MSRP if you're playing the game on an account other than your own.

Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot if that is the case.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 pm

pUsHa wrote:

You'll have to pay a fee when you put a used game in the console for the first time , lol !

The point is tho you don't just pay a small fee, you pay the original price of the game just for a new code, basically you "rebuy" the game.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Hopefully that isn't the case. But I bet if it is, the super die hard fanboys will justify it like when they justify Xbox Live memberships.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Kinect type things should be on some seperate family wii type console.

Seriously, weekend time if i'm not going out I want to kick back, relax and get some gaming done.

I don't want to play some game with cartoon ps1 graphics so I can jump about and watch my cartoon self hop about. That might have had enough pulling power to keep me glued to the T.V 12 years ago Laughing

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed May 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Pedram wrote:
pUsHa wrote:

The point is tho you don't just pay a small fee, you pay the original price of the game just for a new code, basically you "rebuy" the game.

Used game fee? :facepalm:

Thank God I usually buy both consoles, but the PS4 has edged ahead in when i'll actually purchase it.

Used game fee my ass. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 22, 2013 5:14 pm

aight, that shit is just too much, no way i'm buying crapbox one

PS4 all the way, i want to be able to play fifa/cod/whatever when i bring it over to a friend
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Let's hear more from them at E3

I am sure they will take the backlash seriously and make changes. A lot of time for it to be released so expect many changes.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:Let's hear more from them at E3

I am sure they will take the backlash seriously and make changes. A lot of time for it to be released so expect many changes.

They better.
They got about 3 weeks to hear the sh1t they're getting from that nonsense and sort themselves out.

What a ridiculous notion and scam. If they intend to stick with that then they can seriously kiss my ass.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next