Copa Del Rey: FC Barcelona vs Malaga

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Copa Del Rey: FC Barcelona vs Malaga

Post by The Sanchez on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 am

What is going to happen in the second leg before we encounter Madrid in the semi's? Play a full strength side against Malaga away?

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 am

@The Franchise wrote:I blame Pinto more than Thiago honestly.

Thiago will feel bad tonight and rightly so, but Pinto should never of passed him that bad. As soon as he touched it, he was in trouble, his first touch was fine too, he was just in a bad position with his back to go under pressure. He is capable of handling that better and thats where his blame comes in. But Pinto flaw showed itself, his over confidence with the ball.

The set peice, I dont know what the heck happened...

Overall it was okay with the performance generally, we really should of won that game though so the result isnt a good one.

I was happy to see Tello back, I felt he played well, Iniesta and Thiago also were very good.

Song not so good and Alexis misses were just painful to watch.

Dont think Pinto is to be blamed more.I think Thiago made 2 mistakes in that play.Firstly dont think he was aware of the player coming from behind.He glanced to his right but didnt glance back so he was not aware of the player coming from behind.The second mistake follows from the first.Should have definitely shielded the ball better.Had he been aware of the player coming in from behind on his left,he could have spun to his right and away with the ball.Thats what Xavi does so well.He would have spun the other way.So Thiago can learn from Xavi.Always aware of his surroundings and shielding the ball better.
Nevertheless another impressive performance from Thiago,especially the first 30 min before the mistake.Completely dominated the game and showed that he can control a game even in the absence of Xavi.Passed well,always made himself available and controlled the game well.The guy has scary talent.IMO he is the best talent of his generation along with Gotze(have not seen enough of Neymar to comment).

I thought Song played well too.Definitely much improved from his earlier performances for us when he kept dropping back too quickly.Now he seems to have learned from Busquets and looks to win the ball early.Much better positioning compared to early on in the season.
Didnt like Messi's performance.One of his walkabout games where he does absolutely nothing off the ball.In such games he is a throwback to older era superstars who did absolutely nothing off the ball.The modern game doesnt afford such luxuries especially for a team like ours.Every player puts in a shift,no matter who he is.Hope Tito makes it loud and clear to him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 am

Well none of us were on the pitch and communication is very important in such scenarios so it is not very easy to put your finger on who's fault it was. Having said that I think both players are at fault. Also I think it is too much to ask from someone to be like Xavi. There are a handful of players who have the awareness and technique to receive passes at tight places and asking the young Spaniard to be like that is not right. But I have to admit if he wants to become Xavi's successor he'll need to work on those points. Currently I see Busquets more capable in those areas while I like Thiago more when he plays a more advanced role.

Back on topic, Barça should learn to use a man advantage. It is a worrying sign for you when you see there is absolutely no change whatsoever in your play when your opponent is a man down. 2-1 is already a slim advantage and even more so in a cup tie at home against a team of Málaga's calibre. But you simply didn't make the advantage of having 11 vs. 10 count. Dare I say the only thing you did was going a gear down and looking more complacent.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 am

Firstly, I am glad Pelegrini was sacked from RM. I really have high opinion on him as a coach.

Second, all your comments are true, but i think the main problem was we did not convert our chances. There were three clear goal chances in the first half. Two lost by Alexis and one by Messi. Now i cant blame Messi as he did his thing to level, but Alexis :facepalm:

The guy should be sold or demoted to Barca B.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 am

If I missed half the easy chances Alexis is missing, I would be benched forever and have to leave my team. I'm amateur and play in the second worst division in Spain.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 am

[quote="alexjanosik"]
@The Franchise wrote:

Dont think Pinto is to be blamed more.I think Thiago made 2 mistakes in that play.Firstly dont think he was aware of the player coming from behind.He glanced to his right but didnt glance back so he was not aware of the player coming from behind.The second mistake follows from the first.Should have definitely shielded the ball better.Had he been aware of the player coming in from behind on his left,he could have spun to his right and away with the ball.Thats what Xavi does so well.He would have spun the other way.So Thiago can learn from Xavi.Always aware of his surroundings and shielding the ball better.
Nevertheless another impressive performance from Thiago,especially the first 30 min before the mistake.Completely dominated the game and showed that he can control a game even in the absence of Xavi.Passed well,always made himself available and controlled the game well.The guy has scary talent.IMO he is the best talent of his generation along with Gotze(have not seen enough of Neymar to comment).

I thought Song played well too.Definitely much improved from his earlier performances for us when he kept dropping back too quickly.Now he seems to have learned from Busquets and looks to win the ball early.Much better positioning compared to early on in the season.
Didnt like Messi's performance.One of his walkabout games where he does absolutely nothing off the ball.In such games he is a throwback to older era superstars who did absolutely nothing off the ball.The modern game doesnt afford such luxuries especially for a team like ours.Every player puts in a shift,no matter who he is.Hope Tito makes it loud and clear to him.

I think if he was aware someone was coming he would of shielded it better, when your under pressure and the last man, you would have alot more intensity, he didnt have any because he didnt know anyone was there, which was his mistake, because he didnt look. But I think he wrong assumed noone was there because Pinto passed him the ball.

Overall, it seemed like Pinto didnt tell him a man was behind him (which is something you do regardless of if they look or not) and he shouldnt of been passing that ball anyway, it was too dangerous even if Thiago knew someone was there.

Agree with the rest thought I didnt feel Song had a great game. He did well positionally, but he was caught on the ball a couple times and made a very bad foul which was needless, just after Thiago's error.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm

How hard do you think you guys will push for this? This is a huge game for Malaga while I sense it might not be a priority within the Barca camp. However coming off a loss people might be looking to prove a point.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Hard to say, the mental attitude of the team is vital here.

On one hand, are we angry after the 2 late goals in the first fixture and yesturday?

Or are we like, Copa Del Rey....screw this.

Either the last 2 results were the best thing for Malaga or the very worst thing for Malaga. I dont know.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 am

I think this is a nice test for Tito. Playing them so often, and having a smart opponent in Pelegrini will show if he is good enough.

I get the feeling that the squad will be motivated enough after failing to beat them home and after the Sociedad loss, so it will basically be up to Tito to shine this time.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:32 am

Pellegrini already alerting everyone that the Malaga pitch is in the worst condition it's ever been in...convenient, eh?

It was already pretty poor last week when there was so much slipping going on in the 1st half, I can only imagine what it's like now

Mateu Lahoz will have his work cut out for him...hopefully he doesn't Mallenco it
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2