CBarca
The Franchise
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pep to Bayern Empty Pep to Bayern

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm

What do we think about it?

Im happy for him, I think its a wise choice and he should do well.

They havent won the CL in ages, if they dont this year again, I imagine that would be his objective given the league looks nearly wrapped up for them already.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Pep to Bayern Empty Re: Pep to Bayern

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm very happy for Pep and I'm glad to see him getting back into managing. I will be watching more of Bayern Munich this season to see how he does for sure.

I think it was a wise choice as well. I was hoping of all things that he wouldn't go to England, and I'm happy he hasn't. I think Bayern Munich is probably the team that best fits the Pep philosophy, and I think if they give him enough leverage over there he will do amazing things.

I will not, however, look forward to meeting them in the CL sometime in the next couple years. I hope they do well for Pep's sake, but I do not want to meet them as I fear Pep can knock us out. We will only know so in due time there.

I wish him the best of luck, but I'm sure he won't need it. I think he can win the CL with Bayern.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Pep to Bayern Empty [Off Topic] Pep Guardiola At Bayern Munich

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Most of you know that I have always said that if Pep were not to return to us, I would want him to be coach of Argentina. Well if he must continue in club football then I couldn't have wanted any other team for him than Bayern Munich. Wonderful appointment and wish it will turn out to be a win win for all concerned.

Note - Totally unrelated to this but I am really enjoying seeing Jose Mourinho fighting with his own players. Hope its a lesson for the future that when you needlessly try to fight with Barcelona on any pretext whatsover, this is how things end for you. Smile

Last edited by messixaviesta on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Arrgh!

Franchise already made this thread. Someone please merge Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Yes CB unfortunately I didn't see dani's thread. Hopefully it will be merged.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm

As already noted, I think it's a perfect match for him (or as perfect without being Barca), hopefully the language barrier proves to be not a big deal and I wish him the best.

Now this would be fantastic news if he wanted to take Alexis, Cesc and Masche, but I doubt it Laughing

We better win the CL this year because it's going to be extra hard next year.

Also a bit harsh on Heynckes who is doing a good job with them and has virtually already won the league, and a CL final to boot. Not that I blame Bayern management for going for Pep when Pep is available, but he didn't deserve to get sacked.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Heynckes is perhaps retiring? I heard that on the forum.

I read Free is unhappy he signed a 3 year deal while we had to beg him every year to stay. I understand that.

However, realistically, I dont think he could pull the 1 year at a time thing anywhere but here. If he wanted to work again, I imagine they would want a bigger commitment. I dont know, im just speculating.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Now this would be fantastic news if he wanted to take Alexis, Cesc and Masche, but I doubt it Laughing

Not really related to the topic but Fabregas is playing better this season. Tito has fitted him better tactically as well or so I feel. Yet even now I am not convinced we should have bought him and there are two reasons for it. One is that most of us want to play with three forwards. The other even more important reason is that Thiago is just growing by leaps and bounds. Every time one sees this kid play you have to wonder how long he will tolerate being given so litte game time and how many clubs will keep throwing offers at him. The confidence and assurance with which he plays suggests even a UCL final would not faze him. Right now with Cesc not here the situation would have been ideal for him since he would be first replacement for both Xavi and Iniesta and would get enough game time to not even have to consider leaving Barca.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:05 pm

On that Heynckes question even I was aware that it was decided long back that Heynckes would not continue beyond this summer. Pep has not displaced him.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Ah, I see, I didn't realize he was to be displaced anyway. In that case I no longer have that objection to Pep's signing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Slightly shocked at the 3 year contract, but Dani's explanation seems logical.

Genuinely fearful of Bayern in the CL now. But I'm also looking forward to another Pep vs Mou, with yet another FCB.

Would be poetic if Madrid beats Manu, and draws Munich..with Guardiola hammering in the final nail of Mourinho's coffin, from within the Bernabeu.

Besides that, I'm definitely not savoring the prospect of having to play Bayern. Ever. The team was imposing enough as it is, without buying someone who knows our system inside out.
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 am

somewhere in a dark room free-cat(anti-Germany resident member) is banging his head on the wall in agony

cheers everyone hopefully meeting you soon
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 am

While Bayern is the primary club that I support, I still don't understand this in terms of Pep's decision. I would of expected a club like Milan would of been a better "project" for his legacy. There isn't really anything for him to do or put in place in terms of a project per se that isn't already at the club.

All Bayern (and the German National Team for that matter) needs is the mental strength to fulfill their own potential and be the team that not even Barcelona could dream of.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for these comments, but it is what I believe.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 am

Why would Pep care about legacy? He isnt Jose Mourinho, he couldnt give two cents about it. He doesnt coach so he can show off his CV when he is a retired old man.

I obviously dont agree with your assessment of Bayerns ability, but lets skip past that because its pointless.

Pep choose Bayern because they were the best team available..I think its a logical career choice.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 am

Post moar in the Tottenham section Moto I need your help lol.

But I don't agree with you here, I do agree that it is a logical career choice for Pep.

He's going to a club where he knows he'll have the funds to get some of the players he wants, one that already has a philosophy that fits his to some degree, and one with players that have lots of potential. While maybe this team is already good, I don't see where that is something Pep particularly cares about, or any manager to be honest. He's probably not concerned with their strength, but rather that he likes the club, the philosophy, and he thinks he can do great things with the team.

And he's correct. I think Pep can make them CL winners.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:26 am

Hate to be an ass, but I like Tito better this year so far than Pep last year (first 3 seasons Pep was sublime).

Like others, I would of liked Pep to take a more challenging role. Bayern is on the verge of putting a monster grip on the Bundis with the squad they have and Dortmund seeming being a selling club at the end of the day will make it hard for them to compete with them in the long run.

Would of liked for him to try to bring trophies to a club like Arsenal, Roma or a club like that. A placed where he can cement his presence in the club.

However, I enjoy Bayern so I am very happy for everyone involved. So glad he didn't go to one of those blood thirsty clubs like Chelsea, City or PSG.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am

It's probably the best choice he could have made. I'm a bit buthurt that he signed for 3 years and he made us beg for one more year every time, but I think I will outgrow this fact. Very Happy

Would have been nice to see him at the PL that would have been a bigger challenge too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 am

Well good luck to him but I'm a little disappointed.

Don't really like Bayern, not that I hate them, but I don't care for them.

They are also a very good team already, and the prospect of Pep being behind a good team unnerves me because I don't want to face him. Because of sentiment towards him mainly.

Really wanted him at Arsenal but whatever.

It's a good choice because they have a good academy.

Matxhups between a Pep Bayern and Klopp's Dortmund will be great.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 am

I am very glad he didn't go to Chelsea or City they would just treat him badly
I hope we sell Villa+Sanchez+other unnecessary players to him and not important youth players.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 am

I think he will look to take players from Barca that we don't want but I believe there will be something of an unwritten pact not to take our youth players. He still respects Barca.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:40 am

I dont think Arsenal were in the running, as much as I would of liked them to be. Wenger is going nowhere.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 am

Arsenal? With their constrictive signing policy and lack of quality players I'm sure he would have flopped there. A coach can only do so much.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Good choice from him.In terms of the philosophy and style of play,dont think he could have done better than Bayern.Good luck to him.
Will be interesting to see what he does from a tactical point of view.
Will he try to implement the false nine?If yes who will be that player?
I am also interested to see how he plays Kroos.I think he will drop him back into a 3 man midfield.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Pep choose Bayern because they were the best team available..I think its a logical career choice.

The main contender was probably Chelsea and I think Pep didn't want to work for a trigger happy crazy egomaniac. This should serve Abramovich right because next time he thinks of sacking a coach he may genuinely have to worry about where the next one is coming from.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm

windkick wrote:Hate to be an ass, but I like Tito better this year so far than Pep last year (first 3 seasons Pep was sublime).

Ditto my feelings. Immense respect and gratitude towards Pep but last season hurt and hurt badly not so much because of the results but because the whole season seemed pretty much directionless from start to finish.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next