Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed May 21, 2014 6:08 pm

GOAT.

Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Wire - Page 4 Empty Re: The Wire

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:46 pm

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/12/02/hbo-unveils-new-high-definition-re-mastering-of-award-winning-hit-series-the-wire/334713/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

In the six years that have passed since the conclusion of the HBO series The Wire, the critically acclaimed drama has turned into a worldwide phenomenon that has been hailed as “one of the best and most original series on television in decades” by the New York Times. Now, new and old fans of the series can watch the show like never before thanks to a brand new High-Definition upgrade of all 60 episodes, which will debut in December on HBO Signature® and HBO GO®. The Wire: The Complete Series will be available to own on Digital HD Monday, January 5, 2015 and on Blu-rayTM in Summer 2015.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:04 pm

bump. Beginning to watch this. Really excited. Heard only good things.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:18 pm

One of the best tv shows of all time. You're in for a treat.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:26 am

Just read the first few pages in this thread. McAgger shit talking a show he hasn't seen rofl

It's the same argument he used on Star Wars. Never change Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:50 am

HBO just release the HD remaster already ffs.

Smashed The Sopranos again after the HD release in 2014. Sepinwall said HBO is planning to release The Wire soon. He told that a year ago :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:52 am

M99 wrote:HBO just release the HD remaster already ffs.

Smashed The Sopranos again after the HD release in 2014. Sepinwall said HBO is planning to release The Wire soon. He told that a year ago :facepalm:

Isn't it released? I'm watching it atm. Almost done with season 4.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:02 am

Freeza wrote:
M99 wrote:HBO just release the HD remaster already ffs.

Isn't it released? I'm watching it atm. Almost done with season 4.

Yeah just found out it is. How are you liking it so far?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:46 am

I love it. Can't remember seeing a better drama show like this. Def the best crime show I've seen yet. Need to watch the other HBO classics also.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:54 am

I can see why Aidan Gillen got cast as Littlefinger now Laughing

This show has so many levels of storytelling and critique of American society that it eclipses everything else I've seen on tv in that regard.

Had some huge deaths spoiled for me, some of which, just made them even more powerful, because everything was written so well that you could see from the emotion how it fit with the hopeless of the whole war on drugs and the consequences it has on American society.

Probably the best show I've ever watched. Don't know about favourite show, but it's up there. If there was a single show in history I wish I could've written, it was this one. Amazing.

Favourite character overall must be McNuty and Stringer Bell though. But there's so many great ones ffs. Omar, Bodie, Bunk, Lester, Bubbles. Carver also really grew on me the longer I went through the seasons.

Wasn't a huge fan of Daniels, the actor looks like a legit robot, but that kind of fit with his personality. But I didn't buy the charisma his character seemed to should have
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Is it ok if I skip S2? I've watched 3 episodes now and literally nothing is happening. Everything at the docks is just incredibly boring me. It's come to the point that I can't be bothered to pick it up again.

I loved the first season so it's really strange how the quality dropped so quick.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:37 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Is it ok if I skip S2? I've watched 3 episodes now and literally nothing is happening. Everythint at the docks is just incredibly boring me.

I loved the first season so it's really strange how the quality dropped so quick.

Loved every season. I'd suggest you keep going. Some important stuff in it for McNulty's character later on etc.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:51 pm

This again Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:03 am

Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Is it ok if I skip S2? I've watched 3 episodes now and literally nothing is happening. Everythint at the docks is just incredibly boring me.

Loved every season. I'd suggest you keep going. Some important stuff in it for McNulty's character later on etc.

I'm still very much intrigued about the Barksdale case and all that stuff but it's tough when I know they'll probably keep showing the damn docks storyline again for 70% of the episodes.

I want to see more of the old cast again, more of Kima, Herc, Omar, the polish detective. I don't think they have even shown Carver so far smh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:17 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I'm still very much intrigued about the Barksdale case and all that stuff but it's tough when I know they'll probably keep showing the damn docks storyline again for 70% of the episodes.

I want to see more of the old cast again, more of Kima, Herc, Omar, the polish detective. I don't think they have even shown Carver so far smh.

There's a new case every season, so don't expect season 1 to continue on a big scale.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 pm

I've finally pushed myself to watch some more episodes of the 2nd season, the OG team is finally (nearly Laughing) back. RIP D'Angelo Sad

Stringer Bell continues to be my favourite character with Omar and McNulty.

Also appreciating the docks storyline more and more as I keep watching. Frank is getting into some deep shit because of his dealings with the Greek. I'm sensing a Varga situation like in Fargo, but I'm pretty sure Frank and the dock "family" will co-operative with the police at some point and take the Greek down.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Need to push myself with season 2 again as well.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 am

I thought season 2 was weak at first but when I saw the ending montage, I realized how good it was. It basically shows why there is so much crime in Baltimore (and by extension, America) and how drugs came to the city. On my rewatch it was probably my favorite season after season 4.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:55 am

1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. GoT
4. Justified
5. Breaking Bad

(imo don't @ me)

This show is the perfect example of brilliant writing and character building. So gritty and true to the city of Baltimore. I enjoyed how every season focused on a different layer of crime in Baltimore, be it the streets, the docks, the corrupt political elite. I didn't like the delve into journalism as much. It was definitely interesting in the way that everything the Wire did was but it didn't live up to the first four seasons.

Omar >> pretty much any other character in television history

All in the game, yo.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:11 pm

good list besides GoT

since you seem to be watching shows lately check out The Shield @MJ another GOAT lvl show, also has Boyd from Justified as a main character

I remember watching The Wire and The Shield back to back in 2008 or 2009 and not being able to decide which one was better
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Firenze wrote:good list besides GoT

since you seem to be watching shows lately check out The Shield @MJ another GOAT lvl show, also has Boyd from Justified as a main character

I remember watching The Wire and The Shield back to back in 2008 or 2009 and not being able to decide which one was better

nah imo GoT is worthy of top 5 lists. It could very well fall out of that list like TWD did out of my top 100 though depending on the last two seasons.

Been watching a ton of shows over the past couple of years and I thought about watching the Shield as well. Problem is I've been watching so many shows that cover organized crime and the line between justice and morality and yada yada yada. Also, I'm not a big fan of case-of-the-week formula shows. I could be off but I feel like there's a grind involved in getting into that show.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: