Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game - Page 2 Empty Re: Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game

Post by Art Morte on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Turkey - where former big-name players go to be forgotten.

How long is his contract? Since he wasn't that keen on this move in the first place, I could see him retire in a couple of years unless he finds a way out of Turkey.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game - Page 2 Empty Re: Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game

Post by vanDEEZ on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 pm

@Real Kandahar wrote:money whore, could have chosen Liverpool with a small pay cut or stayed loyal to Inter... tsk tsk tsk

and when was liverpool ever linked with him?

or any club for that matter. gala are the only club that inquired this mercato to my knowledge.

and never once heard a whiff from liverpool.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Galatassaray has a relatively nice setup right now. Obviously the quality of the Turkish league is a level below the top four European leagues and naturally this eliminates him from any Balon D'Or or best player in the world talk...but that's not a conversation he was in anyway.

Fatih Terim is a manager I admire and hopefully with a motivated, first year Sneijder and a nice mix of talent .

They can be a darkhorse in the CL.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Next CL match will be Gala - Schalke. Clash of the Dutch: Sneijder vs the Hunter ^^

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Yeah Galatasaraj isn't bad, but I still wonder... There's a valid point in that "money whore" comment - with a pay cut, Sneijder still could've gone basically anywhere.

Yeah, he isn't at his best anymore, but come on, he isn't even 30 yet, he could've gotten brilliant again with proper management and support. Plus he's a good playmaker, he's exactly the kind of player that almost all the EPL clubs need.

Could've been brilliant at any of the top6 PL clubs, if he had just taken a tiny paycut. Then again, who knows if they would've bought Sneijder, after all, he#s a midfielder, and they don't like those Razz

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:58 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Most overrated player in recent history.

Also: he was signed by Inter for 15M, 8M is not a crazy price considering he is 4 years older and more plagued by injuries, all personality issues aside.
I don't get the sneijder underrating... He has been a big player in big games in UCL and World CUP, he lead Holland to a world cup final.. he's only 28, it's not like a 35 retiring player... He was injured in the last period. He wasn't given Ballon d'or or something, i don't know why you say it's most overrated player..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Like i said, if I was the one many 200k a week, I would gladly be called money whore for not wanting to decrease my standing of life. Reality is Sneijder is not elite anymore, not a matter of ability obviously, but if he doesnt have the mindset to compete at the highest level anymore, then why bother? he is in his damn right to choose money over prestige because this is one of his last (very probably his last) big footy contract.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by worms on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:18 pm

I can't believe people are calling him a money whore for NOT going to the EPL :facepalm:

So he should have went to a mid table team in Liverpool,a team who will very likely not be in the CL in the next few years and won't be challenging for the title instead of a team who will compete to WIN the league and compete in the CL most years. confused

The delusion of some people on here is incredible.

Matthew 5:11 - Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Praise Yahweh!
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Well, he could've gone to lots of clubs. Or stayed at Inter.
I'm not advocating going to the PL per se, but surely, there must've been interest from more prestigious clubs than Galtasaray, no?

It's just a weird choice for a player who's only 28, and was on the Ballon d'Or shortlist like 3 seasons ago.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Agreed with Nick, if you see football as a job and not as a passion (which is how most footballers see it after a few years) then it makes perfect sense to go for the most lucrative offer considering their short career life. I've never understood why people criticize players for making as much money as they can.

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Well, after a certain threshold of income, it really doesn't impact your lifestyle that much, how you make.

Most players tend to look more at the potential for glory (which might also later bring a raise, btw), than pure monetary gain.

I'm not even criticizing Sneijder, I'm just confused :p

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:05 pm

but surely, you can sustain that lifestyle for a longer period of time with more money right? It's not a given that he will make that kind of money when he is 50, so why not stack up the money now.

Only conclusion i can come at, is that Sneijder doesnt care about "competing" anymore. Otherwise he would not have sunk so low in terms of his footy level. If his mind isnt into it anymore, then there is nothing to be done.

Surely there were clubs offering a more interesting challenge and a large global spot to shine on, but he did it all already. Maybe he feels content with how high he rised and figured he couldnt get past that level.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:10 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:Well, after a certain threshold of income, it really doesn't impact your lifestyle that much, how you make.

Most players tend to look more at the potential for glory (which might also later bring a raise, btw), than pure monetary gain.

I'm not even criticizing Sneijder, I'm just confused :p
Where's the potential for glory at a club like Liverpool, Tottenham or Arsenal? It's not like he turned down United, Bayern or Barca to go to Galatasaray.

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Only conclusion i can come at, is that Sneijder doesnt care about "competing" anymore. Otherwise he would not have sunk so low in terms of his footy level. If his mind isnt into it anymore, then there is nothing to be done

Well yeah, I agree with that, but that's what surprised me. I thought he would've put up more of a fight, was my point.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Spoiler:

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game - Page 2 BBIroJ2CcAABMiE

Gala :bow:

They'll get past Schalke IMO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Incidently Sneijder wanted PL move before moving to Inter.He stalled the move back then too before eventually joining them.Only Aston Villa showed concrete interest in him back then lol strictly speaking in terms of PL clubs.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Surag wrote:Incidently Sneijder wanted PL move before moving to Inter.He stalled the move back then too before eventually joining them.Only Aston Villa were interested in him back then lol strictly speaking in terms of PL clubs.

If you're talking about while he was with us...United was interested throughout. He was talked about as part of the Ronaldo deal but when we were under Calderon...but we didn't want to sell.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:23 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:
Surag wrote:Incidently Sneijder wanted PL move before moving to Inter.He stalled the move back then too before eventually joining them.Only Aston Villa were interested in him back then lol strictly speaking in terms of PL clubs.

If you're talking about while he was with us...United was interested throughout. He was talked about as part of the Ronaldo deal but when we were under Calderon...but we didn't want to sell.

Ok fair enough lol excluding them.But he made Inter play a waiting game though.I dont think he was particularly interested in playing in Italy at first but then he had realized there werent many better options available than Inter.Not taking a dig at them but it was more to do with his arrogance more than anything.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I was under the impression that Sneijder and/or his wife weren't that keen on moving to Turkey? But since only Galatasaray were ready to pay him what he wanted, he chose to go there anyway.
@Firenze wrote:Sneijder has signed for Galatasary, just announced during the Roma Inter game - Page 2 BBIroJ2CcAABMiE

Gala :bow:

They'll get past Schalke IMO.

I was under the impression that Sneijder and/or his wife weren't that keen on moving to Turkey? But since only Galatasaray were ready to pay him what he wanted, he chose to go there anyway. That's what makes me think the move was about money.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Well say what you want about the Turkish League, their fans are insane, and more often than not, that insanity is expressed in a positive way. He certainly won't have to play in empty stadiums anymore, like he did in Italy.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Yea, I am sure Sneijder is excited about travelling to Buraspor when his wife gets kidnapped and his kids need 10 body guards going to school rofl

Turkey = 3rd rate bullshit retirement house

He would have been Joe Cole II anyways......

I am sure he'd rather go to Gala instead of the 3rd best possession team in the world Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Most Liverpool fans didn't want him anyway. Why sign a player on decline who wants massive wages. Better of waiting for a better option. We've wasted enough money.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:Yea, I am sure Sneijder is excited about travelling to Buraspor when his wife gets kidnapped and his kids need 10 body guards going to school rofl

I am sure he'd rather go to Gala instead of the 3rd best possession team in the world Laughing

I'm pretty sure Turkey is still safer than all of South America, and you still see comments like that, when talking about Neymar or whoever.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Love how Sepi is peddling this possession nonsense like it has any relevance at all rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:Well say what you want about the Turkish League, their fans are insane, and more often than not, that insanity is expressed in a positive way. He certainly won't have to play in empty stadiums anymore, like he did in Italy.

Empty Stadiums? Serie A has above 22k attendances average which isn't optimal for a top league but far from empty. Plus the fans who are within the stadium create a fantastic atmosphere with the banners, flares and tifo capi as it is.
Harry Redknapp wrote:Yea, I am sure Sneijder is excited about travelling to Buraspor when his wife gets kidnapped and his kids need 10 body guards going to school rofl

Ever even watched the Turkish league? It has entertaining football, twice as good as an atmosphere as anywhere in England and chances for CL.

Why would he join Liverpool when we have close to none chance of making the Champions League this season? 3rd best possession team? I doubt that is such a driving force in motivating him. Plus he wouldn't be good enough.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next