Donuts
windkick
VanDeezNuts
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13 - Page 5 Empty Re: Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 am

Agreed, Cesc was good. Great one-two with Alba, fabulous assist to Iniesta, OK chip pass to Messi, nice chance created after an Alexis pass....

Definitely not a bad game from Cesc.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13 - Page 5 Empty Re: Malaga vs Barcelona | Copa del Rey | 24/01/13

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 am

Well I disagree, he pissed me off greatly.

Either way, thats fine, we can debate if need be (not sure why we would as it was now a long time ago relatively)..but MOTM..not having that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Meh, I’m not in a mood to defend cesc right now… at least we can agree that his game has far more substance than last year. Not that I don’t prefer Iniesta playing alongside xavi still, but cesc isn’t the disaster he was last year
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 pm

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Went crazy after that. What a fun game.

free_cat wrote:Ridiculous is to say that we should sell Cesc.

I was against paying for him and the timing of his signing, perfect moment would have been this summer. But from next season Cesc will be a key player. Thiago is a great player and they have to share the burden of replacing Xavi, but you are truly a hater if you really think thiago is better than Cesc.

Cesc is a Barca player and as long as he is, I'll like him, hope he does well, and hope he helps Barca. A great player he is, the player to replace Xavi- he is not.

The Franchise wrote:Thiago is better than Cesc, in term of being a player who can give us what we lose when Xavi goes.

This is essentially what I'm saying. I don't mean to say Thiago is a better player than Cesc...he's not- but is he better at replacing Xavi? Yes, yes he is. Cesc is a trainwreck whenever he plays the Xavi position and you don't need to be a genius to see it just isn't his play. That's not him anymore- if it ever was (it never was to be fair).

But Thiago certainly has it in him. I see it every game. He's no Xavi- but he's a helluva good player and the best fit to replace Xavi in my opinion.

I think I remember Moal saying it somewhere- perhaps even in this thread- but I agreed when I read it. He said that the only players that could replace Xavi are Thiago and Busquets- and that is true.

As for selling Cesc:

It makes sense to me. We can still collect a pretty penny from him. And getting rid of him allows Iniesta to play in the midfield with Xavi and Busquets. This allows us to play with 3 forwards up front (AKA put Villa back out left)- our best option, and it also gives us our best midfield.

It also gets rid of a future problem. This is Neymar (assuming we get him). Neymar will replace Villa most likely and play wide left- seeing as he obviously won't play central and I highly doubt he'll be pushed over on the right, especially seeing as Pedro again now has that spot on lock with his good performances and will continue to have that spot if he can keep his form. This means Iniesta HAS to go back inside into the midfield, and unless Xavi is planning on not starting anytime soon, then Cesc will be back on the bench, and he will complain yet again.

And ffs with the performances Xavi has been putting in lately and this season, Xavi doesn't even need to retire/ not start any time soon. He's still the king.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5