Call of Duty: Ghosts

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:21 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Is it the style of Ghosts, like the maps etc?
They are far far too big.
I wouldn't have minded the size of the maps that much, if they hadn't been packed with small structures to hide behind, and if the game modes had allowed more players, so that I wouldn't have to actually look for them all the time. I really wish maps like Stonehaven had been more open, and not littered with small, ruined buildings and walls that people can hide behind and patiently wait for someone to appear in their line of sight :PGhosts is tempting me to become a more passive player. I prefer to play like an ADHD kid with diarrhea, so I'm one of those people who are victims of unpreferable map designs in Ghosts.


Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Yeah my reactions have always been great, but in this there's so many angles for people to take you out, and with the lower health this means there are plenty of times where there is nothing you can do but pray they didn't reload before shooting you.

Needed the old health system for this bigger map layout. Gives you time to fight back.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 pm

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah my reactions have always been great, but in this there's so many angles for people to take you out, and with the lower health this means there are plenty of times where there is nothing you can do but pray they didn't reload before shooting you.

Needed the old health system for this bigger map layout. Gives you time to fight back.
Yeah, I really feel like they made a mistake by upscaling the maps and increasing bullet damage. Especially, considering how Paranoia-inducing the maps are, with all of the multiple routes one can take to enter an area - a decision they probably made in an effort to prevent camping.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by B-Mac on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm

this is my favourite COD since MW2....

1.COD 4
2.MW2
3.Ghosts

hate all the Treyarch games....still bought them tho :facepalm: Proud

going to pick up Battlefield 4 for next gen when i get my Xbox One friday

seen it on Youtube looks pretty impressive never bought a Battlefield game before either
avatar
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8824
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by LeVersacci on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Lol I got used to Ghost and it's stupidness few weeks ago.

Played countless of games before I found the best viable class lol

avatar
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12765
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Well, let's get the fact that i am shit get out of the way first.

I think i will trade this PS3 version for cash instead of the PS4 version. I loved the campaign and enjoyed it far more than the multiplayer (hipsteRG).

Maybe i am too tired atm or something but i am not sure atm.

Or i am just a fifa addict.
A lot of people on my twitter feed say CoD has lost its fun factor.... the words i seen used its like tastes like chewed gum, flavor gone..... not saying that's what you are feeling but it seems like it.

MW2 was imbalanced as all hell but it was defnitely the most fun i had on a CoD game....

Personally i think the new generation is a good thing; a lot of things have gotten stale, time to try new shit.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64371
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah, MW2 was extremely imbalanced, but I enjoyed playing that game for almost a year, before I really grew tired of it. I have countless good memories from MW2, and they definitely outbalance the bad ones.

I can relate to everything this guy points out about Ghosts in his post Sad

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200801510#.Uo05M2SxOTU
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 pm

At least, I can relate to his comments on the lagging (I have no idea why I'm lagging so much in this game), the bad outweighing the good (may change with future patches, the spawns which are outrageous even by CoD standards, and the ridiculous fact that there have been hackers in this game since day 1, LOL.

Black Ops 2 is still my least favourite CoD game, though. I actually played really well in that game, I just never enjoyed it much.


Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by LeVersacci on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Still haven't experienced lag/host migration lol..

Although the spawns is worse than ever Laughing
avatar
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12765
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, MW2 was extremely imbalanced, but I enjoyed playing that game for almost a year, before I really grew tired of it. I have countless good memories from MW2, and they definitely outbalance the bad ones.

I can relate to everything this guy points out about Ghosts in his post Sad

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200801510#.Uo05M2SxOTU
Think i played it for 6 months.... i raged constantly because of OMA, Commando and Danger Close etc etc but i kept coming back lol.

There was an almost a casino like factor to that game.... i knew if i got lucky i could get a really massive haul and i kept playing it till it happened lol.


_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64371
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:Still haven't experienced lag/host migration lol..

Although the spawns is worse than ever Laughing
Yeah, I remember asking you if you had experienced the same lag issues, and you hadn't... which is part of the reason why I wonder why I keep lagging in this game :PEven if I lagged on previous CoD games, it didn't affect my gameplay to the same extent. And I really didn't lag even close to as much on any other CoD. Only the first few weeks of Black Ops 1 comes close. I feel like I'm at a considerable disadvantage in this game.. I refuse to believe that almost everyone else have the reflexes of an Asian kid that has been forced to dodge punches and kicks all of his life, lol. It's rage-worthy that most of my killcams tend to show my enemy being about 1-2 seconds out of sync with actual gameplay, on my part... but it explains why almost everyone seem to have ninja reflexes!
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by LeVersacci on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 pm

You just die too fast. It's so irritating ffs and it punish rushers aswell :S

Read that you don't die that fast on the ps4/XB1 version + ! GW, CTF & HQ is on next gen version aswell

IW <3 :facepalm:
avatar
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12765
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Got so, so many tactical nukes on COD ffs even on TDM


Sadly, that shit is too time consuming with maps bigger than my Village.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:22 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, MW2 was extremely imbalanced, but I enjoyed playing that game for almost a year, before I really grew tired of it. I have countless good memories from MW2, and they definitely outbalance the bad ones.

I can relate to everything this guy points out about Ghosts in his post Sad

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200801510#.Uo05M2SxOTU
Think i played it for 6 months.... i raged constantly because of OMA, Commando and Danger Close etc etc but i kept coming back lol.

There was an almost a casino like factor to that game.... i knew if i got lucky i could get a really massive haul and i kept playing it till it happened lol.

Yeah.. not only OMA tube/claymore, but shotgun campers, Raffica/SPAS- snipers, M16 campers with heartbeat sensors (MTfooz LOL). It's the most imbalanced CoD to date, but it's one of my favourite shooters of all time. One thing I really miss about MW2 is that even the maps that I liked the least were alright. On Ghosts, I find myself not looking forward to play the game when I find out that the map that's coming up next is Sovereign or Overlord. I actually did really well on Overlord (S&D) last night, but I hate the fact that I usually have to run around for extended periods of time just to find enemies on that map. And people camp in the most fked up and unexpected of places.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:You just die too fast. It's so irritating ffs and it punish rushers aswell :S

Read that you don't die that fast on the ps4/XB1 version + ! GW, CTF & HQ is on next gen version aswell

IW <3 :facepalm:
Yeah, it punishes rushers.. and that's one of the reasons why I'm not doing well in this game. In fact, I played way better on Battlefield 3, but I was prepared to play more passively in that game. What I've always liked about CoD is that it has focused far more on fast-paced action than Battlefield. I think that's it's main selling point... they're now forcing me to sneak around, in order to do well.. and some people are justifying that by claiming that IW's intention was to make us act like "Ghosts"... lol.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Onyx on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:35 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, MW2 was extremely imbalanced, but I enjoyed playing that game for almost a year, before I really grew tired of it. I have countless good memories from MW2, and they definitely outbalance the bad ones.

I can relate to everything this guy points out about Ghosts in his post Sad

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200801510#.Uo05M2SxOTU
Think i played it for 6 months.... i raged constantly because of OMA, Commando and Danger Close etc etc but i kept coming back lol.

There was an almost a casino like factor to that game.... i knew if i got lucky i could get a really massive haul and i kept playing it till it happened lol.

Yeah.. not only OMA tube/claymore, but shotgun campers, Raffica/SPAS- snipers, M16 campers with heartbeat sensors (MTfooz LOL). It's the most imbalanced CoD to date, but it's one of my favourite shooters of all time. One thing I really miss about MW2 is that even the maps that I liked the least were alright. On Ghosts, I find myself not looking forward to play the game when I find out that the map that's coming up next is Sovereign or Overlord. I actually did really well on Overlord (S&D) last night, but I hate the fact that I usually have to run around for extended periods of time just to find enemies on that map. And people camp in the most fked up and unexpected of places.  
I was the only person who used M16 and HB. tongue

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 39927
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Not true MT i used it when i felt like trolling as well....

Playing Demolition and patrolling the bridges on Rundown and picking off the people running across Proud

I loved that map lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64371
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Onyx on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 pm

I used to lock down buildings/parts of the map on SnD and clutch everyone on the other team with M16. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 39927
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Onyx on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Right before every round started, 2 OMA noob tubes to the opposition spawn, put claymores down and then switch to normal class. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 39927
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:08 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Right before every round started, 2 OMA noob tubes to the opposition spawn, put claymores down and then switch to normal class. :bow:
And then you'd camp inside of a house until everyone on our team were dead, except for you Razz You did save our arses countless times with your clutches, though lol..
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by B-Mac on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:55 am

COD 4 is the greatest of them all to date, so simple, yet so fun 25 days played ffs Proud
avatar
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8824
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Thimmy on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 am

avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6986
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by LeVersacci on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:04 am

looooooooooooooooool
avatar
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12765
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by RealGunner on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Things went bad when the infinity ward team that created COD4 left. Those who made MW2 left 6 months later as well.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 pm

They should follow the MW2 blueprint and build on that, instead of trying to be too smart and change it with annoyingly large maps that have a totally different feel, overly complex class creations and truely awful spawn systems

Not only have they not fixed the spawn system from pervious games, they've worsened it to the point people spawn in your field of view, or you spawn within knifing distance of somebody

All it does it create an insanely unfair game.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Bit difficult to follow that blueprint when the people who created that blueprint no longer work for the company.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 64371
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum