Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

+11
Curtinho
Helmer
Nishankly
iftikhar
RedOranje
Red Alert
stevieg8
McAgger
Art Morte
danyjr
Arquitecto
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 2 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 am

Again, it's more mental than physical for me.

And again, it's only my opinion. lol

It's not like my opinion will see him bench anyway. :p

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 2 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm with ynwapooi, we don't need Borini for our last four games and it'd be more interesting to give some minutes to a youth player and (apart from the derby) there's nothing to lose.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Dislocated shoulders can easily and quickly become a serious long-term issue if not allowed to heal properly. I'd much rather we did not rush him back and risk such a development.

The final games can offer opportunities for Suso and Shelvey, as well as others such as Morgan and Ibe to get a chance in the first team; allowing the youngsters a chance to show what they can offer going into this summer (for transfer plans) and to end on a high note. It is unfortunate that Sterling and Yesil are out or they as well could/would have played a role.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:28 am

Agreed. Having dislocated both of my shoulders, it's definitely not an injury that should be rushed. The recovery time should be pretty quick, but it's also an incredibly easy injury to repeat, and since we don't need him, we might as well let him train back to speed and come out strong in August.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 pm

An "i told you so" is in order. Borini has been declared fit by the doctors and returns to full training with the other lads today Thumbs up

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:An "i told you so" is in order. Borini has been declared fit by the doctors and returns to full training with the other lads today Thumbs up

Not really, as training =/= bench for the weekend's game.

And our points remain valid whatever the club doctors say. We've not said he cannot play, merely that we feel he SHOULD NOT play. There's nothing there to disprove there.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:26 am

Leave me alone Red :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:07 am

If a mod looks over this section, change the thread name please.

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 2 WeightyUncommonInsect

He's ready. Imagine him getting on the end of a Luis/Coutinho through ball.  Very Happy 

His movement, determination and pace will be pivotal to us next season. Sterling plays like Robbery, but Borini can be our Muller*. :coffee:

*Obviously not as good as him, but comparable. Not exactly the flashiest player, but just does his job week in week out.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 am

Not exactly the flashiest player, but just does his job week in week out.
Reminds me of Kuyt.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 am

Similar, really.

But he'll be better than Kuyt imo.

He has a lot more pace for starters, better movement, and look's the more natural finisher out of the two. He already has the work ethic as Kuyt.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 am

It's easier said than done to be Kuyt for us.

I hope he can reach his level.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 am

Sturridge has scored a fair few goals this season from smart runs onto through balls, if Borini can do that, I can see him being an option for that role. But I'm not sure if I see Borini doing well on the wing, like Kuyt.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:55 am

I think he is kind of a wing forward more than a winger crossing the ball (actually i hate these English terms), so he will be little different from Kuyt and as Nish said not so easy to be Kuyt (more because of his personality and presence on the pitch) but he seems to have a good finishing/shooting boots.
I hope BR needs lot of Aspirin in next season because of so much attacking depth we will have once we buy Kono

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Better quality

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 2 IckyKindheartedBonobo
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:45 pm

I think he will be a strong addition for next year. He's still very young and developing well. We'll need the depth I think.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:48 pm

I've always been a huge supporter of Borini. So of course I can't wait to have him back here Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Been indifferent to the LFC fans here who dislike Borini on his propensity and what he can produce for LFC.

What Borini can bring into our team is exactly what we need.

Where he excels is his astoundingly clever movement to which is not a product of his pace (to which is being overstated here) but his footwork to have himself navigate spaces off the ball as that micromovement is a nightmare for defenders.

As displayed in Sunderland he is a two-footed player as well, complimenting his shooting to which is reminiscent of Huntelaar, quick and direct strikes which are accurate and even capable off the volley. He links up very well with his team-mates and has blast penalties like Ballack.

What does he need to improve? Despite getting into excellent positions, he isn't a natural finisher at this current age of 22. He must improve his first touch as at times he collects the ball from impossible angles while he fails at simple touches to which should have been taken. It is a product of his sometimes to energetic play to which has him lose composure.

Brendan is a fan of him as he has my 100% vote of confidence to return to LFC as to compete with Sturridge (unlikely) or on the wings in a Thomas Müller type role.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 pm

I think his being Rodgers' first signing as manager along with the amount of time they worked together in Chelsea speaks volumes of what Rodgers expects from Borini moving forward. I wouldn't question his being an important player to us as soon as next campaign.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm

He's doing all right for Sunderland, but let's not get carried away here. Three PL goals in 1170 minutes this season. If he wasn't already our player, we wouldn't be talking about bidding for him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:He's doing all right for Sunderland, but let's not get carried away here. Three PL goals in 1170 minutes this season. If he wasn't already our player, we wouldn't be talking about bidding for him.

To be fair he's a 22 year old who is performing admirably for his play-time and age. We wouldn't be upset about being linked to him, either. When you consider what he's done in the lower levels of the premier league and in Italy his future seems at least dimly lit. Very Happy
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Arq please change the thread title to 'Robin Hood || Fabio 'the dagger thief' Borini'. And then subtitle 'He steals from the rich and gives to the poor'
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:56 pm

He is perfectly suited to a club like Sunderland.. not good enough for us. With that said, I wouldn't mind him for squad depth next season since I hope in the transfer window we'll be addressing other pressing concerns. He can play in FA Cup and COC games.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 am

Go away EE. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:26 am

Art Morte wrote:He's doing all right for Sunderland, but let's not get carried away here. Three PL goals in 1170 minutes this season. If he wasn't already our player, we wouldn't be talking about bidding for him.

He has 6 goals in total for Sunderland as the majority of his minutes were from the bench as to when he was being used as an impact sub. He starts more frequently yet is switched to a wide role to which doesn't provide him golden opportunities, especially with Altidore failing to hold the ball for him up front these days.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:41 am

Not too mention the service he gets is terrible. He pretty much just chases long balls every time I see him play.

Coutinho and Suarez vision and execution of a pass would be the world of good for Fabio.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:52 am

Red Alert wrote:Not too mention the service he gets is terrible. He pretty much just chases long balls every time I see him play.

Coutinho and Suarez vision and execution of a pass would be the world of good for Fabio.  

People underestimate what his movement, intelligence and ability to shoot from many angles can produce since he doesn't have limits on any segment of the field. Sunderland are made for players who would thrive upon crosses yet it does not cater to players who need consistent touches and late runs to anticipate as I'm surprised he's doing well in Poyet's system...despite the manager creating a very effective Sunderland.

Within Rodger's system and the dexterity of how it moves, Borini will be allocated a consistent channel of balls to which he can test his shooting mettle upon.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next