Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Re: Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Post by CBarca on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 am

Alves is fed HGH after every game, but Barca aren't really supposed to report that.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:16 am

It's Tomas Vermaelen who doesn't eat. Dani Alves had a Pizza Quattro Formaggi.

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:27 am

Makes much more sense considering he never played (:

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Recent doc by sky sports.

If his City performs well and wins trophies the English media are going to worship him. If City disappoints they're going to crucify him. Laughing

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 am

I found this article at the Barca forum

https://www.lequipe.fr/explore/guardiola-loi-32-minutes/

It's basically talking about Pep tactics, setup, etc with us and highlighting key things about his philosophy, here's what one of the members got

[…] Such expectations towards a manager was a rare sight. The 21 trophies in seven seasons already made him one of the greatest football manager in history. A miracle-maker, with its share of fantasies and misunderstanding. His Barca was a paragon of performance and aesthetic. However, even if his fans saw in Guardiola an artist, those who disliked or failed to understand Pep painted him as an ideologist, a slave to the tiki-taka; this boring succession of short passes that do not adjust to any kind of context, oppositions or objective. Like all kind of caricature: it is a mix of fiction and reality.

In fact his years in Bayern showed that Pep did not tried to replicate his Barcelona's success model. Under his command, the Bavarian team was versatile, and could adapt multiple tactical options within the same match […]

[…] Guardiola seeks to build the play from behind, in order to apply this play Pep relies on the numerical superiority theory. When a forward presses, the building of the play would require two central defenders. If two opponents press, then we will play with three etc.

This is the first step. But the core of Guardiola's thinking is to find the free man. It is impossible to comprehend Pep's football vision without understanding this concept.

What is a free man? It is a player that has enough space to move forward with the ball. Nothing really complicated here. But the catch is that everything imagined by Guardiola is centred around this obsession: to create free men, because a free man equals to a numerical superiority of one against zero. The absolute numerical superiority that must be created everywhere progressively as the ball is moved forward […]

The article is pretty long, but all in French not sure if the English version is around or if someone can translate (probably a lot to ask Laughing)

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:09 am

Dani Alves on Pep

"He is a genius. I'll say it again: a genius. Pep would tell you exactly how everything was going to happen in a match before it even happened.

"For example, the game against Real Madrid in 2010, when we won 5-0. Pep told us before the match, 'Today, you're going to play like the football is a ball of fire. It never stays at your feet. Not even a half second. If you do that, there will be no time for them to pressure us. We will win easily.'

"The sensation when we left every one of his pre-match talks was like we were already up 3-0. We were so empowered, so prepared, that it felt like we were already winning."

"The funniest thing was if we came in at half-time and the game wasn't going well. Pep would sit down and rub his forehead. You know how he rubs his head? You've seen it, right? Like he's massaging his brain, searching for the genius to come to him.

"He would do this right in front of us in the dressing room. Then, like magic, it would come to him. Bang! 'We will do this, this and this, and then this is how we will score.' Then he would jump up and start barking out instructions, drawing maths and figures on the board.

"So we would go out, and we would do this, this and this. And that's how we would score. It was crazy. Pep was the first coach in my life who showed me how to play without the ball. And he wouldn't just demand that his players change their game, he would sit us down and show us why he wanted us to change with statistics and video.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:27 am

Yeah, he is an awesome manager but I'm still gonna ride this making fun of him train till it is rendered useless. Pretty sure that'll be soon too.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:49 am

Waiting for salty Milan and other irrevelant club's fans to jump in and start barking that Pep is fraud and has no idea about football

The man is brilliant.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 am

Arjen Robben: ‘You can discuss anything with Pep. At 3am he’s happy to talk’

“You need to be very critical of yourself. There are a few very good managers who can make players better individually. Most managers think about the team process – and so you have to improve things on your own. You have to be very strong mentally. But it’s also very important to be critical of yourself. This is something I miss a little with the younger generation.

“These days you have guys who are 19 or 20 and they’ve played their first game and they feel they’ve made it. It’s not true. There’s always so much to improve, no matter your age. That’s why I’m really enjoying working with Pep. I learn from him every day and that’s a special feeling. People always say young players can learn a lot and even at 26, 27 you can still make big steps. Then, it’s expected you stay at that level or go down.”

“When I started working with Pep 18 months ago I noticed how he goes much deeper into football,” Robben says. “His intelligence is obvious. Tactically he’s one of the best in the world and under him I have made more steps in my development. I’ve come quite a long way these 18 months.”

And, the Dutchman claims Pep is a fan of possession games in training… not that you could tell looking at his teams. He said: “He doesn’t normally get involved in 5-a-side matches with us – but he will join in possession games."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/14/arjen-robben-bayern-munich-pep-guardiola-interview

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:12 pm

16 consecutive wins

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:09 pm

^ But is it down to Pep, though? Is he really the one behind this winning streak? City fans say it's Pep. Madrid fans said it was Z. I say it's Danilo. We have been in poor form ever since he was sold. City has been in God Mode every since they signed him. You call it a coincidence, I call it a miracle of life. Danilo is the chosen one. He doesn't even need to play to influence games. He brings luck and wins games from the bench.

Now I understand why Pep went through hell and back to sign him.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:26 pm

lmao

I was thinking the same. Danilo sitting there and collecting honors after honors.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by serghei_ro on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:20 pm

@Winter is Coming wrote:lmao

I was thinking the same. Danilo sitting there and collecting honors after honors.

Much like our own treble winner Douglas.
serghei_ro
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm

This gonna be good.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14