Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Post by Thimmy on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

I'm still waiting for Mole to thank me for my anti-jinx. Such ungratefulness smh Mad

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola appreciation thread

Post by M99 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Rollercoaster of emotions for Mule. Fraud loses but Newcastle wins.

#JUSTICE4Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 Lulcas11Pep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBPep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 ZidanePep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 SmurffPep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 GhelyonPep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 Hungry_boyPep Guardiola appreciation thread - Page 16 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:49 pm

@M99 wrote:Rollercoaster of emotions for Mule. Fraud loses but Newcastle wins.

More like Newcastle wins but Liverpool wins the league.

Literally the worst outcome imaginable but with a tiny smidge of positivity for 5 minutes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Guardiola wrote:The Real Madrid supporters are upset with me, they're saying that the best team in Europe is Real Madrid," he said during a Manchester City press conference.

The best team in Europe in the last decade is Real Madrid, but Real Madrid are not the best team of the decade when you count leagues, cups and other trophies.

Juventus, Barcelona and Bayern Munich won six or seven times and they won two [league titles].

I'm pretty sure Solari will understand my answer better than it was received.

I'm pretty sure they are happy now with me.
Just as I expected initially, he was talking about the importance of domestic success and the fact that you can't be considered the best team in Europe over the last decade if you have only won two league titles in that same period.

He makes a pretty good point. Although, I would argue that if Madrid was competing in Germany or Italy over the same period, we would have won more than just two, and that it's not easy to compete with the best Barça in history led by the best player in the modern era.

Still, his point stands and I still blame Solari for hitting back at him in the first place.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:11 pm

With all due disrespect to Serie zZZZzzZ and its shitiness. But Juventus are reaching 90+ points every season there without even being properly challenged, I don't think you'd be able to win much there either. Madrid is just not a consistent team.

Bundesfodder is a different story, ofc. Think Real Betis would even win Bundesfodder.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:41 am

Put some respect on beti's name, they have the great Joaquin, Bartra, and Aissa Mandi playing for them :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:47 am

With regards to pep, I think he's doing a fantastic job.

I will question why he bought Riyad Mahrez and not another defensive midfielder. I'm not sure what he wants from Mahrez. He's robben with more pure technique but not the raw athleticism. Forcing him out wide limits him severely.

He's at his best in the half space cutting in and being in shooting range, or in a position to make a final pass. I don't think mahrez is a winger. I actually think his true position is as an inside forward, a true old-school inside forward and not just a striker playing out wide. His first touch and technique is so damn good that he is able to nick a pass or a shot off, and it's shown by his 10 goals and 9 assists (think those are the right numbers) this season. I think he also puts a surprising amount of work defensively on the wing.

But either use him right or sell him. He's pointless as of now.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:56 am

@futbol wrote:With all due disrespect to Serie zZZZzzZ and its shitiness. But Juventus are reaching 90+ points every season there without even being properly challenged, I don't think you'd be able to win much there either. Madrid is just not a consistent team.

Bundesfodder is a different story, ofc. Think Real Betis would even win Bundesfodder.

LOL Juve are reaching +90 points because their opponents are not good. they come to Liga and they will face Madrid, Atletico, Barca, Sevilla, Valencia etc.... they will not reach that many points.

If we go to serie a i'm pretty sure we can reach +90 points. likes of Roma, Inter and Milan are huge clubs but right now they are not considered top teams on the pitch.

We have beaten every champion of every major league in CL. i'm pretty sure if we were in any other league we could have won way more than two.

so yet again Pep is trying to be a smart ass but he is comparing wrong titles. a league title is a league title. but a league title that you are competing with Barcelona and the goat Messi is way more different than a league title that you are competing with Napoli or Dortmund in.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 am

Well, Jjuve did challenge Valencia twice and won one and drew the other I think so I'm sure they'll fair well vs the rest of La Liga.

Also, let's not pretend Madrid doesn't take an entire half of a season to start playing proper football in the league. By the time we catch ourselves, Jjuve done establish a healthy lead and the Jjuve council having a laugh at our "challenge".

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:46 am

We would wipe the floor with Madrid in the league. The half season adaptation period that Madrid takes every year would automatically forfeit the league. We could lose the direct match but no doubt Juve has much more consistency and focus to carry on through the 38 games much better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:49 am

Don't think you would possibly lose even the direct match vs this Madrid. This Madrid is a joke. As is this Bayern, btw.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:49 am

@Doc wrote:Well, Jjuve did challenge Valencia twice and won one and drew the other I think so I'm sure they'll fair well vs the rest of La Liga.

Won both, and we had Ronaldo sent off since the start of the match at 0-0 in Mestalla. Same when we face Sevilla every year in the CL
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 am

Stop talking with no sense please.

In last 10 years, we have finished the league with +90 points 6 fucking times. but only won twice. we have finished second with 90, 92, 96 and 92 points. because we were competing with the Barcelona.

in other hand, Juve won the league with points like 84 and 87 and 87.

matter of fact, in last 10 years the situation is this:

Real Madrid : 889 points from 380 league games
Juventus: 824 points from 380 league games.

if we played in Italy, we could have won the league 6 times in last 10 years with the points we had in Liga:

2016/2017 : with 93 points ( Juve 91 )
2014/2015 : with 92 points ( Juve 87 )
2011/2012 : with 100 pints ( Juve 84 )
2010/2011 : with 92 points ( Juve 58 )
2009/2010 : with 96 points ( Juve 55 )
2008/2009 : with 78 points ( Juve 74 )

Again, Pep is talking nonsense. different leagues different situations.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:51 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't think you would possibly lose even the direct match vs this Madrid. This Madrid is a joke. As is this Bayern, btw.
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't think you would possibly lose even the direct match vs this Madrid. This Madrid is a joke. As is this Bayern, btw.
not saying we would, but that we could and it would still be ok in terms of a league challenge. Madrid of last year beat us in the end, but they still lost the league in October.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:06 am

Ignoring Pep being a Barca fan from Barcelona (who usually has seriously difficulties in giving Real Madrid credit for anything) for a moment, even the staunches of Madrid fans should at least admit we are not consistent in the 1st half of our league campaigns. The times we were actually consistent: we won the league.

You know who is very consistent in their league: Jjuve.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:07 am

Which is a shame as you were the best club in the world 9 months ago Sad

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:47 pm

@Doc wrote:

Which is a shame as you were the best club in the world 9 months ago Sad

Yep. And you were top 5, too.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum