DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Lebron James fan club  Empty Re: Lebron James fan club

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Well he is overrated Laughing

People say alot of stuff they need to check themselves about saying.

Doesnt take away from his game, but people need to look a little closer.

If people werent so caught up, they would see players have played at this level and put up different, but equally good numbers and won things before this.

People go on like he is doing something new.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:18 am

KG is better
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:23 am

CBarca wrote:KG is better

rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

The guy is really good. One of the best for sure but Franchise has a point about the overrated issue. I don't think it's his fault, Nike/NBA needs it's poster child but LeBron as great a player as he is just can't live up to the hype that's been created around him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 am

Well the media wants him to be god.. He can't be that but he can be #1 or #2 all time so that's good enough :coffee:

No player has ever had as much pressure and scrutiny as LeBron, he was on the cover of the biggest sports magazine in the U.S. in grade 11 ffs.. He's still doing his thing regardless
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 am

Swagg wrote:Well the media wants him to be god.. He can't be that but he can be #1 or #2 all time so that's good enough :coffee:

No player has ever had as much pressure and scrutiny as LeBron, he was on the cover of the biggest sports magazine in the U.S. in grade 11 ffs.. He's still doing his thing regardless

There you go...overrated Laughing

He will never be better than Jordan, nor a few others.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Swagg wrote:Well the media wants him to be god.. He can't be that but he can be #1 or #2 all time so that's good enough :coffee:

no1 will be better than Jordan
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:Overrated.

Great player, but still overrated.

:bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

no1 will be better than Jordan

He may never get to the same accolades Jordan did but on ability he can match or surpass him..

Who are these 'others' you speak of? Jordan is the only player that you can say 'never' about and get away with it Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Your totally dreaming, a prisoner of the moment.

You gotta think for a second, why would I "hate" (thats what you think I am doing by saying this stuff I believe) Lebron more than any other player in history? There is no reason for it...I dont hate him..I just cant agree with the bullshit I have to hear on a daily basis.

Jordan is by a distance the better basketball player, forget rings, forget the MVP's and forget even the fact Jordan never lost in the finals..lets talk just basketball here, not awards and titles... He has considerably better ability as a shooter, has superior moves in the post, a far greater grasp of the fundementals, a better 1 v 1 defender and if you actually look at his prime as quicker first step and comparable jumping ability...and then you add on his aura he built up even in his playing days...he would mentally destroy Lebron in a series, let alone in terms of playing the game.

Its a shame Lebron didnt play in Jordans era and this stupidity would stop. People would handcheck and hack Lebron, talk crap to him, get under his skin..he aint scoring no 70% of his baskets in the paint back in those days.

Lebron is bigger, stronger...but thats very little of the game...that and passing ability, is the only thing he has over someone like Jordan.

Lebron, and he isnt alone is in this, is greatly benefitted by the rule changes which year on year give greater help for the offensive player...David Stern did it for entertainment..but at a cost.

Others?

It depends on how Lebron grows..but if this is his peak right now, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Kobe and Duncan all better in their peaks.

And I will leave out old timers like the Big O, Wilt and Russell...thats not fair on anyone, its too long ago.

I say again, Lebron is a great player...but its totally disrespectful and/or dilusional to even put him near to Jordan.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Him taking his talents to south beach isn't going to help his legacy either. I actually think he made the right decision because Cleveland refused to get their act together but still you can bet it'll be used against him whenever this argument comes up.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Zealous wrote:Him taking his talents to south beach isn't going to help his legacy either. I actually think he made the right decision because Cleveland refused to get their act together but still you can bet it'll be used against him whenever this argument comes up.

True.

The facts are, Wade for Lebron and Shaq for Kobe each drew so much attention and are so great at finishing it makes it much easier for both of them.

Jordan had Pippen...nowhere near the offensive player Shaq or Wade were for Kobe and Lebron.

Its another reason Jordan has that edge of the both of them, even after the skills, the facts are noone else on his team you had to double team, noone else on his team you had to worry about going off for 20 in a quarter at any moment.

Pippen was a great player, but nobody ever worried about Pippen going off on you and winning the game.

And for the record, I have no problem with Lebron leaving the Cavs..he did it in a bit of a doucebag way, but he is in his rights to leave if he wants to. I think the Cavs did all they could for him in terms of surrounding him with what he wanted...everyone said get him shooters, defenders and rebounders and they did that...they failed to land another star, but thats no easy feat.

Lebron could of won with the Cavs but he wasnt ready. Didnt understand how to he should be playing, didnt have the skills to play that way either.

Other than the Spurs series in 07 I think where they were totally outmatched...the other years they could of won.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 pm

legod :bow: sign me up

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Your totally dreaming, a prisoner of the moment.

You gotta think for a second, why would I "hate" (thats what you think I am doing by saying this stuff I believe) Lebron more than any other player in history? There is no reason for it...I dont hate him..I just cant agree with the bullshit I have to hear on a daily basis.

Jordan is by a distance the better basketball player, forget rings, forget the MVP's and forget even the fact Jordan never lost in the finals..lets talk just basketball here, not awards and titles... He has considerably better ability as a shooter, has superior moves in the post, a far greater grasp of the fundementals, a better 1 v 1 defender and if you actually look at his prime as quicker first step and comparable jumping ability...and then you add on his aura he built up even in his playing days...he would mentally destroy Lebron in a series, let alone in terms of playing the game.

Its a shame Lebron didnt play in Jordans era and this stupidity would stop. People would handcheck and hack Lebron, talk crap to him, get under his skin..he aint scoring no 70% of his baskets in the paint back in those days.

Lebron is bigger, stronger...but thats very little of the game...that and passing ability, is the only thing he has over someone like Jordan.

Lebron, and he isnt alone is in this, is greatly benefitted by the rule changes which year on year give greater help for the offensive player...David Stern did it for entertainment..but at a cost.

Others?

It depends on how Lebron grows..but if this is his peak right now, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Kobe and Duncan all better in their peaks.

And I will leave out old timers like the Big O, Wilt and Russell...thats not fair on anyone, its too long ago.

I say again, Lebron is a great player...but its totally disrespectful and/or dilusional to even put him near to Jordan.

Jordan is the basketball god period.

But tbh in Jordans time players were not so big and strong and so big in terms of muscles and everything. It's unfair to discredit James. Ppl love Kobe and I agree after Jordan AFTER Jordan he is the best but ppl have to admit that Lebron is starting new era, Kobe is old and Lebron already won all the times they meet and ate him alive because Kobe is old and Lebron is like train. Pls don't bring the all stars up because it was nothing but a fun and playing for audience and we all know it they weren't serious and never played defense as it should they were just joking.

P.S.

for me its like this

1. Jordan

( empty spaces)
2. Kobe
3.Lebron/Rose ( the best out there Razz )

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm tired of hearing about hand checking as if players from today wouldn't survive it.. LeBron is a *bleep* physical freak, he would deal with any hand checking or punishment thrown his way

He would be faster and more athletic then pretty muh anybody in Jordan's time so I'm sure he would be able to hold his own

Jordan is mentally stronger than LeBron for sure, and a better scorer yeah but all of the other stuff is up for grabs.. LeBron does more for his team than Jordan did, LeBron does it all

I don't buy those players you listed being better than LeBron at their peeks.. Bill Simmons, who is probably the biggest and most knowledgable Celtics fan around, even said LeBron was playing like a rich-mans Larry Bird in last years final ffs..

LeBron is just hitting his prime now IMO, there is more to come
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:55 am

Your dreaming mate...being big and strong nothing to do with evading handchecking...you cant power your way past people who are using their hands to stop you...Lebrons power is such an overrated aspect...like people really think he can just power his way past anyone when he likes...like no, he cant. .

You have to be quicker (note, quick, not fast) and have a consistent jumper..if you dont have one, in Jordans days, you probably going to struggle. Lebron is getting one..but like Mike..no way.

People always go on about his athletic ability, which is fantastic..but his feet are nowhere near as quick as MJ's.

Being more athletic dont mean anything..what athletic going to do when someone bigger and stronger is standing in the paint?'

Another thing in Lebrons favour...defensive 3 seconds. Now, the big man cant stay under the basket, he has to move and slide over..much harder for the defensive player.

Old man just about 200lb Kobe wasnt having any of it for those 5 minutes in the ASG...people make out like Lebron is some untouchable out there...your telling me he is going to get by guys like Joe Dumars using their hands and finish over 2 dirty, flagarant fouling 7 footers?

Lebron has never faced anyone like the Pistons, not even close to it...heck, he couldnt figure out Dallas and a zone defence......

His biggest successes in the real season (playoffs) have come against the corpses of the old Piston team and the lightweight Thunder...
and when he failed? of course the Mavs " special zone" and the Celtics..what happened against the Celtics? Thats right, he froze up completely and couldnt do anything...not untill joining the Heat and waiting for them to get even older.

I aint even trying to say Lebron wouldnt be able to play in Jordans day, he would be great there too...but as sucessful as he is now? Not a chance. Its obvious.

Lebron does more for his team? What does that even mean? He gets a couple extra rebounds and assists? So did other players..ala Bird..still werent better than MJ.

And lets not pretend rebounding and assisting is equal to scoring....its not..scoring is the hardest thing to do in the game.

Bill Simmons? He is just one man with an opinion..Boston fan or not..Bird was clutch, Bird was by a mile the greater shooter.

Lebron has more to come? Then when that time comes...then you start comparing..now, he aint in the discussion...but people like you insist on putting him in there
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:48 am

Laughing how many past greats have praised LeBron? What does that tell you? Are they saying he wouldn't be great in their time because of hand checking?

Who cares about hand checking when he can just blow by you ? LeBron is quick as hell

If someone as weak and slow as Larry Bird can dominate back then, so can LeBron
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm

I am losing whatever little respect I had for your opinion on this matter.

AGAIN, I said he would be great...just wouldnt be as great.

Your talking about speed and strength like its the main thing, it really isnt..Bird was weakers and slower than everyone, let alone Lebron..and he still was GOAT..every wonder why?

Lebron first aint that quick...and who cares about handchecking when you can just blow by? loooool

Brah..this is why I cant take your arguement seriously.

Cant blow past non handchecking 40 year old Kobe..
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 pm

I guess we'll have to wait and see
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am losing whatever little respect I had for your opinion on this matter.

AGAIN, I said he would be great...just wouldnt be as great.

Your talking about speed and strength like its the main thing, it really isnt..Bird was weakers and slower than everyone, let alone Lebron..and he still was GOAT..every wonder why?

Lebron first aint that quick...and who cares about handchecking when you can just blow by? loooool

Brah..this is why I cant take your arguement seriously.

Cant blow past non handchecking 40 year old Kobe..

He got blocked twice and now he can't blow by him? How many times has he blown by Kobe throughout his career? Laughing

Past greats know more about how their times were than you.. A lot of them praise LeBron and compare him with Jordan, so yeah ill take their opinion over yours

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next