Post by RealGunner on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Fifa pay more ffs :facepalm:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA 14 discussion

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Career mode would be so much more enjoyable if it felt authentic.

Champions cup Laughing cringey

No CL anthem, no CL build up. Infact that's something FIFA lack in truckloads.

Build-up. There's so little build up you can be playing a CL or Champions Cup final and there's nothing before or after the match that sets it aside from an F.A. cup replay.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Pro Evo:

Konami extend agreement with UEFA for CL and EL licenses. No

http://www.newgamenetwork.com/news/5140/pro-evolution-soccer-series-extends-uefa-agreement/

Worst news of all right here.. No CL no party

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Can't FIFA and PES share the licenses? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 am

PES should just f*ck off already.
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:31 am

Agreed, The sooner Pes Just fk off FIFA can have total domination. And they'll have no excuse to get everything. Competition doesn't make FIFA stronger, because they rely on the brand name and we'll all buy it.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:32 am

FIFA's career mode has always seemed a bit empty to me. Obviously we can't have anything as immersive or as in-depth as Football Manager but I would like to have the ability to interact more with my players. For example, I want to be able to train them in certain categories and actually be given the opportunity to explain my decisions to them.

Moreover, players should have personalities that can be reflected in the "storylines". As it is, the storylines are completely random, from players just randomly decided they don't want to re-sign with you to players randomly being unhappy when you rest them for one game. More professional players wouldn't complain as much when not played, temperamental players should complain more, etc. Things like that.

Also, it'd be good to able to effect the infrastructure of whatever club I'm managing. On older games, you used to be able to improve your coaching and stadium and it was actually more realistic that way than it is now. Player development should be effected by the standard of coaching at a club and not just have a pre-determined course.

Gameplay wise, the main focus for me has got to be on player AI. It's gotten better but there is still a distinct lack of intelligent runs being made off the ball and still many instances of defenders not tracking runners and pushing up on their own. If I run inside with the ball, a player should make a run on the outside and not an identical run to the one I'm making, something I've seen many times. Players shouldn't be stopping their runs when you don't make a pass in a split-second. My centre backs shouldn't step up to press the ball in midfield for no apparent reason. My defenders should actually be able to mark players in the box when a cross comes in.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 am

Defenders not marking and stepping up is a near game-breaking problem for me Jay. Also overlapping runs are fkn impossible for the AI to make. I hold the ball up and if I stop, my strikers stop making a run or the full-back goes away.

They seem to mimic you rather than play off of you. If I stop it's because i'm assesing my options, but they run away as if I lost the ball.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:42 am

Yeh, also midfielders need to track back and shield the defense and defenders need to try and block shots instead of just standing there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:50 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Defenders not marking and stepping up is a near game-breaking problem for me Jay. Also overlapping runs are fkn impossible for the AI to make. I hold the ball up and if I stop, my strikers stop making a run or the full-back goes away.

They seem to mimic you rather than play off of you. If I stop it's because i'm assesing my options, but they run away as if I lost the ball.

I've gotten into the habit of backing off whenever the opposition gets a run at my defence, since it bides me a bit more time to actually catch up and win the ball back. It's annoying to do, though, and trying to keep some semblance of shape when everyone is acting on their own is near impossible. Doesn't help me when I'm defending crosses, either.

I remember trying to get the fullbacks to overlap on an older FIFA game. I had to fiddle a lot with the tactical instructions of the team and the work rate of each player... absolutely nightmare and ultimately not worth it in the end.

Teammates copying you rather than playing off you is very true. Sometimes, I slow down a bit to see if there are better options, only to find that everyone is just standing around not moving. Then, when you move, everyone makes the same run, every time, so I end up scoring a lot of similar goals.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:57 am

Yep I agree. And defending is a nightmare, defending crosses is terrible too. They don't pick up their man and if you don't select the man yourself then you're in trouble. If you control a man you can't normally go for the ball because you don't get 'locked on' to the ball and can't challenge for it.

They need to let you defend as a team. It's so easy to get broken down by a 1-2 then a through ball no matter how well you read the game. The result is people who don't know football but know how to exploit pace beat people who know football better. Not how a football simulator is supposed to work is it?

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:29 am

The PES hate in this thread despite the majority of the comments being about wanting PES features rofl

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 pm

The Career mode nowadays does not satisfy my like FIFA 07/08

but for me FIFA 05 was my favorite
Start at the bottom, and gradually rise to the top. That would increase the difficulty and would be more realistic. I mean cmon, who would hire a manager with no experience to coach champions league teams. You should be able to pick one of 9-10 teams(random 1-2.5 star teams) and go from there

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

@punkfusion1992 wrote:The Career mode nowadays does not satisfy my like FIFA 07/08

but for me FIFA 05 was my favorite
Start at the bottom, and gradually rise to the top. That would increase the difficulty and would be more realistic. I mean cmon, who would hire a manager with no experience to coach champions league teams. You should be able to pick one of 9-10 teams(random 1-2.5 star teams) and go from there

Galliani

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Career mode isn't really about starting at the bottom and getting better imo, however that's a good idea in terms of a new sub game mode in career mode.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 pm

FIFA 14 was supposed to be introduced yesterday, what happened ? scratch

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Apparently it was in Spain. Details from that will be announced on 17th April.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 am

New Fifa 14 skill

EA pls :bow:
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Loaning also needs to be nerfed in Career mode,
I literally have to transfer all my transfer money to wage money and loan all the best players. It makes the game too easy
I wish the career part of career mode was more challenging

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:07 pm

You could simply not do that and avoid the problem all together, right?

I understand career mode can be more challenging, but you have opted to take advantage of a loophole in the game and still choose to complain about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Career mode isn't really about starting at the bottom and getting better imo, however that's a good idea in terms of a new sub game mode in career mode.

Why would EA make a sub mode for that when you could just do it on your own in career mode?

Personally that's what I like to do.

Accrington Stanley :bow:

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 am

True, however I don't think there's a difference in terms of starting with a lower club and starting with a top club.

In the new sub game mode they could have little features where it shows how your reputation is building up, what clubs are interested in you etc etc. It would maybe encourage more people to try out the challenge of managing a lower club.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am

I think FIFA should remove the bullsh*t factor in the final third

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm

They need to fix the stupid airballs glitch, I got switch on air balls and sometimes it switches when it's not an airball and it proper *bleep* me up and allows for easy goals against me.
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:58 pm

I really really hope there is smart glass support....
the whole kinect integration was a sham, other than being able to scream insults at the TV

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:04 am

Get rid of the 5 minute glitch. Display connection strength, so they either opt in or out. No excuses.
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next