The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by Kaladin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:42 pm

FIFA in th mideast is always and i mean always bought on the PS3, its the more popular console because the Xbox Live just f*cks up the online for mideast. Also FIFA always releases 1 week beforehand on PS3 .

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by nichabr on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Watch this become outdated on its release.....anyone got any clues if they are going to make the system upgradable like a Pc because thats the only way Consoles can compete with a PC nowadays.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm

consoles do not compete with pc gaming, lets be real.

most people, including me, would rather invest in a gaming console at 400 than spending close to a 1000 just to set up a high end gaming pc, which on which i will keep spending money for upgrades and to handle 2 or 3 games that even fully utilize the capacity of my PC. just no

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:39 pm

You have a lot of misconceptions there Nick.

You don't even need that much money to get a decent PC rig and maintaining it isn't difficult at all. It's not for everyone but there are many benefits.

Also when you buy a console you have to add the price of your TV as well because otherwise it's useless eco smile

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 pm

hey bare with me here, im pulling all the cliches i know. dont you also have to buy a monitor with a desktop?

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 pm

While Zeal is right its not as expensive as Nick said but Nick is also right Consoles don't compete with PCs.

I prefer Consoles because that's what i grew up with and they do the job for a price that is sensible.

I don't have the time to make a gaming PC seem worthwhile.

Plus there's some games that are not on PC which i enjoy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Hopefully the price of games lowers.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Actually buying an high end PC is expensive imo, you can buy an BMW 316i stock/used/, with the money that goes inside a PC. However the costs can be reduced if you know how to put the components together by urself, B4B hardware etc...There arent many that goes all out for graphics either, only Crysis series are worth mentioning and BF.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:04 pm

The whole point of consoles is to have the exact same hardware and software... As soon as there's different hardware options development costs skyrocket - hence why nearly every console to PC port is crap and almost always has issues. Consoles are about maximum profit for devs/publishers, not your gaming experience.

@Zealous Recent consoles have always had PC based parts, except for the PS3's CPU, which was a massive mistake by Sony because of the cost of developing for it and why the PS3 didn't utterly dominate the XBox with its DirectX based architecture. The issue with the next gen is that it will use hardware that's dated for PC's at the time of release - the X360 and PS3 had next generation hardware.

You guys are gonna have to wait until E3 for your next sports games fix, like every single year Dunno why you guys expected official details in February...

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 6 1oiS8nl

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm

phritz whats your channels name?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Hopefully the price of games lowers.

PlayStation 4 retail games won't leap up in price compared to the current generation's typical $60 titles, according to SCEA CEO Jack Tretton.

PlayStation 4 Screenshot
Speaking with CNBC, Tretton said games on the next-generation console - ranging small downloads to full-price retail titles - will cost anything between $0.99 and $60.

"I think people are willing to play if they see the value there," he said in response to questioning over the rise of cheap gaming via smartphones and tablets.

"I think there's more choice than ever for consumers. We're going to welcome free-to-play models," he said, adding that paid games will range "from $0.99 up to those $60 games."

Tretton called low-cost smartphone and tablet games "additive experiences", brushing off the notion that consoles are being rendered irrelevant. "If you really see where the heat is for the true gamer, it's on the console. It's still that big-form experience," he said.

Hardly surprising tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm

PS2 games used to be around £30 brand new.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:28 pm

cost higher for blu ray
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 am

I swear down if a bunch of 9 year olds playing shit, repetitive, one dimensional App games ruin the market of real games one day I am going to go an some serious Raoul Moat rampage ffs. Gazza will have to come and talk me down before I shoot myself.

I can't believe all these useless £2 games are taking over from *Insert one of thousands of great games here*

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

There will always be a market for good concole/PC games. In fact I hope the current "AAA" blockbuster games die. Frankly those hardly ever live up to the hype.

Far Cry 3 is a good example of a AAA game delivering on it's promise.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 am

Far Cry 3 :bow:
Love that shizzz . I want a tatau
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:45 pm

@RealGunner wrote:cost higher for blu ray

Well not just that but most games that the average person buys i.e. the big blockbusters cost millions to make.

Cost of making a game has gone up loads since the PS2 days.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Looks incredible.

-8gb of ddr5 ram. Got damn!!! :bow:
-playing a demo whilst its still downloading :bow:
- streaming and sharing content at the press of a button :bow:
- yhe ability to allow a friend to access ur game and help u out if you're stuck at a level. Got damn!!! :bow:
- suspend mode. No more boot up time. Well done sony.
-no blocked used games.
- bc on all previous systems games thru cloud. :bow:
-dat controller. Looks stylish.
-those games. Those jaw dropping graphics. Dev friendly too.

As you can see, I'm team playstation and my fanboyism is gushing out, but I dont care, im so hyped n excited right now.

Props to sony for rectifying the problems of the ps3 and listening and catering to the developers also. Thry also breathed new life into the vita by making it an accessory to the ps4. I could access ny ps4 games via my vita. Brilliant!!

Sony has just stole the wow factor from the next gen. Microsoft has got to come correct now. They're gonna have to do some teleportation into video games type of innovation to top sony right now lol. The ball is in their court.

Sony dropped a bomb on the 20th. Cant wait!!!!!

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:22 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I swear down if a bunch of 12 year olds playing the same repetitive, one dimensional twitch shooter ruin the market of real games one day I am going to go an some serious Raoul Moat rampage ffs. Gazza will have to come and talk me down before I shoot myself.

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Cost of marketing a game has gone up loads since the PS2 days.

Some minor corrections :coffee:

@RED wrote:
- yhe ability to allow a friend to access ur game and help u out if you're stuck at a level. Got damn!!! :bow:

Whatever happened to just inviting a friend over?

This stuff isn't innovative at all. It's just that consoles have caught up tech-wise. There are games which were playable before having to download every asset but it's not that big of a thing because pre-downloading is a far better solution.

If the laws of physics didn't limit the internet so much I could play & use my PC from my phone, but the delay even over a home networks is too much. The streaming to and controlling from the Vita prospect will pretty much be limited to home use.

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 6 1oiS8nl

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 pm

The PlayStation 4 will launch in 2013 for all regions worldwide, according to GameStop.

The retailer's executive vice president of strategy business and brand development Michael Hogan confirmed the console release plan in a recent conference call with investors.

"We know that Sony will introduce the PlayStation 4 globally in 2013," Hogan said, "but we are still waiting to see what Microsoft's final plans are."

Sony officially unveiled the PS4 in February, saying the new console would launch before the end of the year in North America.

However, there was uncertainty as to whether the UK launch would be delayed to 2014.

The comments from GameStop align with other European retailers that predict the PS4 to arrive in 2013, and that it will be priced around £300.

Sony recently confirmed that the PS4 will include a headset and a large hard drive, and that controllers will be able to charge while the system is in standby mode.

The PS4 has been compared to a "supercharged PC", featuring an x86 CPU, enhanced PC GPU and 8GB RAM.

New games include Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son and The Witness.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 pm

£300? not bad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Plus with old console trade ins it could be cheaper.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Lol i'm a collector. Don't do trade ins
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Trade it and buy it back when it's really cheap. hmm
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 pm

It's the sentimental value
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 am

Take a photo of it and put it on the wall. hmm
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next