buddytaller
StrugaRock
Zealous
punkfusion1992
Onyx
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deportivo vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Deportivo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by buddytaller Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Modric wasn't alone, Essien had an even poorer game, our best pivot is certainly Alonso and Khedira. I hope Alonso gets fit in time for the Barcelona match, he'll be needed not only for his attacking attributes but more importantly his defensive inputs.

buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Deportivo vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Deportivo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

We put Ozil and Ronaldo on, they made it easier to get through imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

We need a replacement for Xabi, but Modric isn't on his level and will never be.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Modric can play CM, with Khedira/DM next to or behind him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Modric's passing was way waaaaaaaaaaay too passive. Essien wasn't much better but that doesn't excuse poor pass selection.

Sideways passing is acceptable in Catalonia where they encourage that shit but when you have three attacking players making runs and you instead pass it sideways to Arbeloa 80% of the time then there is no point.

Ozil played in the pivot much better tonight.

Modric is struggling this season, I'm not going to be too hard on him because the way we play and conditions have not helped him at all, but I don't think we should depend on him right now, especially in Xabi's role.

Last edited by Zealous on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Modric needs time, he's shown he can give Alonso like passes, gave probably the pass of the match to Di Maria in the first half, only a poor touch from Di Maria prevented one of the assist of the season, I remember him given a similar assist to Benzema in the Champions league.

He just needs to read the tempo the game better and dictate the flow of the game, he's done it for Croatia and Spurs, I believe given a bit of patience he'll come good.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll come good too. Conditions haven't helped him at all but he obviously has skill.

It's just I don't think he's ready for this season. He just looks to be on a different wavelength.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Kaka was brilliant
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm sure Modric did pick out a few passes. In fact he gave Di Maria a 1v1 chance I think.

Plus Deportivo were defending well in the first half imo.

I don't think Modric is struggling, it's just he hasn't played in his preferred position this season. When he has played, he's done alright/well. He just needs to start at CM every week, which will hopefully be possible next season.

It's similar to the Sahin situation imo. Alonso's starting, so Sahin couldn't start. Fortunately Modric can play AM too, unlike Sahin, which means he's getting adequate playing time.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Kaka was brilliant

Kaka is great when he's not dribbling or running. When he is running with the ball at his feet things start to fall apart lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 am

buddytaller wrote:Lots of rusty player out there today, Marcelo had a very poor game due to being out for so long, you can be sure he'll not be starting the clasicos, the rest of the back four weren't much better. Lopez made two blunders tonight, spilling a weak shot and diving too low for the goal, he was otherwise solid, he got finger tip to a shot which probably allowed Marcelo to clear off the line.

Higuain was poor again despite scoring the winner, his first touch is absolutely horrific, speaking of horrific first touches, Callejon could have had a goal if he had a better first touch.

The game though was ultimately won from the bench, the introduction of Khedira, Ozil and Ronaldo in place of Marcelo, Essien and Modric, allowed the team to really control the game.

Ronaldo was man of the match for me, he set Higuain through with a sublime through pass which Higgy converted but was correctly ruled out for offside, he again set the same player up, this time round the goal stood. Special mentions goes to Kaka, he took his goal really well, I just found out that the team ALWAYS wins when Kaka scores.

Di Maria's red card was very harsh, he was moving back when the referee showed him the second yellow.

Couldn't agree more apart from the last paragraph. Referee warns and cautioned Di Maria for not moving away. He didn't on replay start moving backwards after the ref cautioned him. 50/50 call tbh, but Madrid had the lead at the stage and tbh Di Maria is just wasting time and giving the ref the piss. Don't blame the referee tbh.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:10 am

Both Ref and Di Maria were stupid in that play tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:17 am

Zealous wrote:Both Ref and Di Maria were stupid in that play tbh.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2