The Sanchez
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
ronalessi
Calebvision
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CR7 related question, for Barca fans! Empty CR7 related question, for Barca fans!

Post by Calebvision Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Guys, about two years ago, I posed a similar question on this board. While most responses were cordial and mature, there were also the often found "oubursts" of "trolling" and so forth, including, if I remember correctly, from the "moderator", of al people ( "I'll close the thread", or something like that ), as if I had created some incendiary thread and not a cordial version.

The reality is that I ONLY want to know something and that is how do Barca fans feel about CR7's footballing ( not his hair, mannerisms or anything else )? Where does he fit in in the sports hierarchy, present and all time.

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

CR7 related question, for Barca fans! Empty Re: CR7 related question, for Barca fans!

Post by ronalessi Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:04 am

Probably between the the top 200 and 300 players of all time.

Right now, probably one of the top 10 players in the world.

He's a good athlete.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

CR7 related question, for Barca fans! Empty Re: CR7 related question, for Barca fans!

Post by Calebvision Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:18 am

I imagine that with a bit of effort and good fortune, he may be able to break the top 200 all time!

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:58 am

Right now he's fighting 2nd best with Iniesta, Ribery and Ibra

His legacy (provided his achievements don't change too much) will be remembered in the same mold as people like Van Basten.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:29 am

he is a top 80 players of all time not to take anything away from him with that statement but there are so many names in the football history that appeal more.
Edit: to be more specific I consider him a top 20 winger if you could classify him as one.

Last edited by Donuts on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 am

50-100 GOAT list tbh and fighting to win his spot for second best player atm
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:31 am

I mean seriously, you come post this right AFTER he scored 2 on us?! Want us to go ahead and marvel at his eternal glory at a moment we are at our worse? No thanks.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:28 am

Meh I have no problem.
I can act cool.
First I don’t do lists. Never did never will.
Right now he’s without a doubt one of the best footballers.
That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t punch him if I had the chance
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:06 am

Scored a penalty and a tap-in into an empty net on the break with the whole Barca team pushed high up the pitch. What a player. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 am

He is da best!!!

Now close the thread. It hurts my eyes to see threads about players we will never get in our section. Or move it to general section. If not, i will post similar thread about Xavi, Messi, Bisquit, Iniesta, Dani Alves and so on in RM section as i really want to know their opinion about how these guys compare to the rest. I mean there are so many discussion such as to weather Iniesta is reaching the level of Zidan and so on and i would die to know the honest opinion of RM fans about it. I swear no trolling.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am

I might get criticized by my fellow Barca fans but honestly I believe that since the start of 2012 CR has been a better or atleast more lethal or dangerous player than Messi.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 am

vivabarca38 wrote:I might get criticized by my fellow Barca fans but honestly I believe that since the start of 2012 CR has been a better or atleast more lethal or dangerous player than Messi.

Iniesta been better than both, so does it really matter or mean much?

On a side note, easy guys..right now, there is no harm....the first sniff of it, the thread will be gone, just relax, answer the question or ignore it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 pm

futbol wrote:Scored a penalty and a tap-in into an empty net on the break with the whole Barca team pushed high up the pitch. What a player. :coffee:

a penalty he won, while he humiliated Pique at the process
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Ronaldo humiliated our whole team the entire night.The goals were just the icing on the cake.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Humilated? I must of seen a different game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 pm

I will admit something honestly. I was one of those who questioned his ability to perform in big matches. However in the last two seasons he has done enough to ensure that no one can ever call him a big match under-performer again. He's also become a little more of a team player. So he has improved on some of what used to be considered his weaknesses. Now if we combine that with all the other strengths that he always possessed, he becomes quite some player. I agree with ts that in an all time list he should be between 51 and 100. I give a similar position on an all time list to Andres Iniesta. Xavi probably comes between 26 and 50 and Messi between 1 and 10. Its all very abstract and just my opinion which I am stating only because it was asked for and not to start heated debates.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Damn.. he is really underrated lmao. Incase you didn't notice goals win games.

Carry on though.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 pm

In case you didnt notice, without everything else aside from goals, there are no goals.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:37 pm

This is actually insulting to me in a way. Beating us at home, then coming on our forum and then asking about our opinion on a player who did the double on us in that game. Honestly, we have never done that with Messi on your forum lol.

Also, people on this forum (esp. Madrid fans -surprise surprise) call Messi a stat padder, tap in master etc. ..... but then goals win you games. Arguably the goals Ronaldo scored in that match ( a penalty and a tap in) were not any better and then you tell us to rate him. Goals are goals, whether you like it or not. I hope that this is the end of that hypocrisy.

He is a very good player no doubt. In terms of historically, I tend to shy away from comparing eras, since I think it's a losing battle. I believe in GOATs, but not THE GOAT.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Damn.. he is really underrated lmao. Incase you didn't notice goals win games.

Carry on though.

now this is why i dont like such threads here.

Who the *bleep* asked you? Are you a barca fan? *bleep* this shit? I am off to RM section!

PS: Really, do we have to put up with this? Why has this thread appeared just now? Why not a week ago, or a week after? It is clearly an insult. I really do not aprove this. Therefore, until this thread is here I will post similar threads to RM section every day for one of our players, until this disappears or i get banned.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Why get yourself worked up and banned over such a thing?

Do you not enjoy it here or something?

Come on man, act your age. Ignore it and move on. You dont have to be in the thread.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 am

eelir wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Damn.. he is really underrated lmao. Incase you didn't notice goals win games.

Carry on though.

now this is why i dont like such threads here.

Who the *bleep* asked you? Are you a barca fan? *bleep* this shit? I am off to RM section!

PS: Really, do we have to put up with this? Why has this thread appeared just now? Why not a week ago, or a week after? It is clearly an insult. I really do not aprove this. Therefore, until this thread is here I will post similar threads to RM section every day for one of our players, until this disappears or i get banned.
Chill. At least act in a civil manner.
You may not agree with me, but you don't have to go crazy..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 am

Carry on though.
Underrated? people are putting him on top three current players unless you believe he is #1 then with your logic Messi is the best player in the world with his goal to game ratio.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 am

This guy the other day said right after the Barca - Madrid game, "You see, that is why Ronaldo is better than Messi. He scored 2 and what did Messi do?"

Well, a few things

1. He got his team 16 points ahead of Real Madrid

2. and I like how Barca is SO good, that if you score against them then you are automatically the boss of the world. Yet people forget the fact the team has struggled this season and are currently behind Pahtetico. Listen to that, Ronaldo is leading his team to third place, BEHIND PATHETICO. Yet an amazing performance vs a team that has not kept a clean sheet to any single team since Roura took over means you are automatically better than everyone, or deserve to be an all time great. If anything this is more of a testimant to how good Barca's level has got, than that of Ronaldo's. Beating Barca = legendary status. Thats pretty amazing.

And yes, thread starter. If you want to hear an obvious answer, Ronaldo is very good. How good amongst the all time greats? Hard to say, but there is a reason you rarely hear people calling him goat, or rarely make those type of threads while Messi is regurlally mentioned in the top 3.

So, given he isn't one of ours I really don't care where he ranks. But yes is good. Easily top 3-5 of this generation. All time? Who knows, but I will say he isn't even the best of his own generation so I wouldn't rank him THAT high in that all time list if he can't even win his own generations top 3 list without an argument coming up for others over him; while with Messi is pretty much undisputed he is the goat of our generation.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 am

Donuts wrote:

Carry on though.
Underrated? people are putting him on top three current players unless you believe he is #1 then with your logic Messi is the best player in the world with his goal to game ratio.
No I just think ronaldo is being underrated. Both him and iniesta are definitely better then the top 100 players of all time..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next