Le Samourai
Die Borussen
Onyx
LeVersacci
Lex
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Diego López Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Diego López Appreciation Thread

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
He can cry about it in the match thread.

Comment is relevant though.
Not really, we were praising the guy's heroics especially in the final moments of the match. Not the referee.

Whatever you say JD as its your interpretation that really matters...
Tbh, this thread should have been created for better deserved praise. Lopez had another ordinary game...
He did quite saved our asses back there mate..

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Diego López Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Diego López Appreciation Thread

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
Not really, we were praising the guy's heroics especially in the final moments of the match. Not the referee.

Whatever you say JD as its your interpretation that really matters...
Tbh, this thread should have been created for better deserved praise. Lopez had another ordinary game...
He did quite saved our asses back there mate..

It was his mistake that created such a situation...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 am

That's only 1 of the 4-5 saves he made man.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 am

I know. I was talking about one that Dani and co were talking about.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 am

The Franchise wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:Is that penalty worthy, or card-worthy at all? Or does the GK's "right of way" excuse him from punching someone in the head?

Im going put this out there.

Its worse than what Nani did. And whatever people say about Nani can be applied to that.

That is all I will say.

I know it must feel like i am following you around . What you say is true and no one is arguing that violent conduct can be interpreted in many ways and if lopez had smashed into someone and gotten a red card, under the current rules there could be no complaining . but the fact is it was nani whose act was considered dangerous and the ref had every reason to send him off

I thought lopez was very good tonight
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 am

No, its fine, respond to my posts if you need. Keeps convo going.

As for your comment, I dont think Lopez did anything wrong. He went to get the ball, Vidic got their first. He had no intention to get Vidic, it was a dangerous action (a punch) but a normal one he had to do.

Same as Nani, if he wanted to control the ball he has to put his leg in the air, no intention to get Arbeloa but accidents happen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 am

Cracking player but get Iker back in soon as hes ready his time is not over yet..
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 am

I would do anything to make this Guy an Arsenal player next season..

Chesny needs to learn how to fvcking punch a ball
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 am

If you punch the ball first and then the player, it's no foul. But if you punch the guy before the ball, that's a clear foul. That's a foul by Lopez... but then again, Vidic probably got open by fouling lol. Like i've said, the penalty box on FKs is usually complete chaos in CL. Ref doesn't want to call anything. For example, there's keeper interference on almost every corner.... they actually practice that in EPL.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm

just saw this thread. but yes. massive appreciation. he was a monster in the manchester game.

both legs really but the second he was clearly man of the match imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Diego López Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty He is Diego Lopez

Post by huntsman Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Look at his anticipation, his positioning. Look how he uses his skills and instinct to predict the trajectory of the ball. His foreshadowing technique is unrivaled, game reading abilities rarely matched. He is two steps ahead of the opponent players.
He is 10 times the goal keeper Casillas, husband of Carbonera is. He is Diego Lopez

The Four pillars of Madrid:

Diego Lopez
Varane
Kaka
Ronaldo

Kaka is what blends them together and bring the best out of them. Call me paranoid, but this madrid team is invincible.
Rot in pieces Iker, and dont ever come back.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Believe me guys ,when you want something, that something comes to you. Lopez doesnt even have to try to reach for the ball. The ball will just come to him because he wants it.

Looking at the clip and saves, Diego actually wanted more of them. He wasnt feeling the pressure at all. Perhaps he was even disappointed Manu players failed to deliver more shots on his goal.

Iker? Lool, dont get me started over this failure.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 pm

rofl Huntsman :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:52 pm

he was annoyingly good on the night ffs.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu May 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Pepe Reina getting a call up before Lopez after keeping Iker "He is one of Us" Casillas on the bench for the rest of the season :facepalm:

Lopez probably has an argument for being the best spanish GK right now.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Pepe Reina getting a call up before Lopez after keeping Iker "He is one of Us" Casillas on the bench for the rest of the season :facepalm:

Lopez probably has an argument for being the best spanish GK right now.

Lopez probably didn't get called up for political reasons. Not like Lopez will get any game time anyway.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 30, 2013 5:24 pm

I guess Diego López should meet with Roman Weidenfeller to have some drinks together and commiserate together...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu May 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Ridiculous to say the least. Spanish media doesn't respect Lopez by one bit. Has the best season of all Spanish GKs and marca's response is that he should be benched for iker who was rightfully benched (not rightfully benched for adan tho lol)

smh, if he had media on his dick, he would have been called up and im 100% of that
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm

lopez has no recent history with the spanish NT, where there is hierarchy for goalkeepers (and everywhere btw), casillas is n1, vades n2 etc... if lopez gets a call, its a charity call. Unless i lost my memory, Casillas led spain to a 2 euros and a world cup while being outstanding and making 0 mistakes, specially in finals. VDB is in his right to trust a player that did so much for him. he also has the right to manage a group and not to shamble everything because one player had a very good 4 months period.

how people can change opinions in couple of months. just last season when Jupp arrived at Munich bayern fans hated him with a passion, now they are ready to build him a statue
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, there's no way he was starting or even getting called up. Laughing

Let's not act surprised.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu May 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:lopez has no recent history with the spanish NT, where there is hierarchy for goalkeepers (and everywhere btw), casillas is n1, vades n2 etc... if lopez gets a call, its a charity call. Unless i lost my memory, Casillas led spain to a 2 euros and a world cup while being outstanding and making 0 mistakes, specially in finals. VDB is in his right to trust a player that did so much for him. he also has the right to manage a group and not to shamble everything because one player had a very good 4 months period.

how people can change opinions in couple of months. just last season when Jupp arrived at Munich bayern fans hated him with a passion, now they are ready to build him a statue

.... so vdb was right to call up pepe reina over lopez?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Se7en wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:lopez has no recent history with the spanish NT, where there is hierarchy for goalkeepers (and everywhere btw), casillas is n1, vades n2 etc... if lopez gets a call, its a charity call. Unless i lost my memory, Casillas led spain to a 2 euros and a world cup while being outstanding and making 0 mistakes, specially in finals. VDB is in his right to trust a player that did so much for him. he also has the right to manage a group and not to shamble everything because one player had a very good 4 months period.

.... so vdb was right to call up pepe reina over lopez?
yes, he has. again, he is managing a group in which pepe reina has been for the past 5 years and more. He is an emotional leader them, and chief cheerleader. there is no obvious reason to get rid of him to give a sympathy call to Lopez if he is not even going to play.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Reina is one of those guys who keeps the players together, and IMO one of the reasons they won all these trophies, even though he didn't play.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 am

Valkyrja wrote:Reina is one of those guys who keeps the players together, and IMO one of the reasons they won all these trophies, even though he didn't play.

Better to have a guy like Lopez(De Gea in a few years) breathing down Iker neck to get better and improve. I doubt Iker ever has to worry about losing the #1 spot to Reina. But VDB suffering from Lippism.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 am

6 months is more like 2 weeks in a keepers world....and yes..there are much much more deserving. Andres Fernandez and Guaita are the ones that jump to mind - I'm sure Arq would throw in Iraizoz.

Del Bosque sticks with his guys and cares more about chemistry and cohesion than form at this point - mostly because it's proven to be the winning formula.

My complaint from now on will be if Arbs remains a starter. Great backup, squad worthy no doubt - but I think we can use a better right back.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 am

is he even squad worthy that arbeloa? i stick my neck out in saying that both Azpi and Carvajal, even he only has a season at pro level are both more suad worthy than he is. Man has been on a free fall for about 3 years.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next