windkick
gondov
CBarca
BarcaKizz
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barcelona vs Deportivo | Sat March 9th | La Liga Matchday 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Deportivo | Sat March 9th | La Liga Matchday 27

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Nothing wrong with having a player like Song for depth imo.

It's only depth if he plays.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Deportivo | Sat March 9th | La Liga Matchday 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Deportivo | Sat March 9th | La Liga Matchday 27

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Song is defensively pathetic honestly, he cant time a tackle at all.

On the ball, I have no problems, he can escape pressure and he can make accurate passes which choosing the correct passes. He has good composure too.

His defensive game is woeful though, I always new that but still.

So can anyone explain the baffling decision of playing Song alongside Busquets and taking Thiago off? Playing Thiago alongside Busquets would be so much better.

The reason was Roura, he really doesnt know what he is doing.

He did what "normal" coaches would do for a "normal" team. His logic was, we are trying to hold on to the lead, so bring on a midfielder with more defensive skills...so Busquets for Thiago.

What he doesnt get it, for us, its an unnatural combination and we arent a normal team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Its wrong when with the little minutes he plays, we have players who can do the same job for free and the money spent on him can be better used elsewhere.

We aint Madrid, we have no reason to spend money on "just in case" players
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Its wrong when with the little minutes he plays, we have players who can do the same job for free and the money spent on him can be better used elsewhere.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Again, I think Thiago would be suited to the attacking CM position. He's good at dribbling and has some magic. I think he's a bit restricted in the Xavi role. I wonder which position he prefers.
He certainly prefers a more attacking position and I too believe that's where he is suited the most. People don't like it here when I say it but I'm not convinced he is suited for playing the deep orchestrator role Xavi plays. I'd personally play a triangle like this.

---------Busquets---------
----Wilshere---------------
-------------Alcântara-----

Sell Song+FĂ bregas in exchange for Wilshere Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm

I didn't watch that game, so I might be completely wrong, but I think many of you are being too tough on Song. The guy plays a game a month and you expect him to do well? When he did play semi-consistently many here thought he was a fine sub for Busquets.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm

His problem was not one of rust. If it was, then I would expect missed passes, dallying on the ball and so on.

But players avoiding his challanges is not rust, its him not being a good defensive player. But this isnt suprising, he never was one unless in tight quarters.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:44 pm

And for the record, I still think he is a fine back of for Busquets. The issue is, we already had one of those and we need a defender.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:

So Keita didn't need a replacement?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Not really no.

In his last season, Keita played almost soley as a back up holding midfielder. Considering how good Busquets is, thats like 1 league start a month, a cup start and 1-2 20 minute cameos I would say.

JDS could do that in his sleep.

In previous seasons before, Keita played in on the advanced positions but in the final year, with Thiago and Cesc it couldnt happen.

So no, Keita really didnt need replacing. He was playing too much to begin with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Maybe they thought you need to bring "height" in ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Well partly, but mainly they had the idea he could play centerback too.

Here is the quotes from Tito when we signed him.

'Busquets can't play every game of the season so Song will be a great addition,' he said. 'And he can also play in the center of the defense. With him we'll have more alternatives (because) he can play in three different positions.'

We found out very quickly he cannot play at centerback.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

It shouldn't really matter how often Song plays as long as he doesn't mind. He's versatile and a good depth player. There's no harm keeping him in that role.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 am

At the time before Song was signed, Tito thought he would a great addition due to the fact that he would try to play him in the centre of defense. When we saw that he couldn't play there. We knew that he would be a waste of money for a player who would hardly play...
Are we going to sell him in the summer? Possibly... If he wants to go because of lack of playing time then yes.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 am

Yes there is harm.

1. Money has been wasted, it could of been used on what we need and solved an long standing issue

2. We have youth players who deserve chances, places in the squad have great value.

Also, eventually we will complain anyway, he can to play, not sit on the bench. Said so himself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 am

The Franchise wrote:Yes there is harm.

1. Money has been wasted, it could of been used on what we need and solved an long standing issue

2. We have youth players who deserve chances, places in the squad have great value.

Also, eventually we will complain anyway, he can to play, not sit on the bench. Said so himself.

This. We are neither solving our defensive issue or helping youngesters develop as players. Song doesn't solve anything. Not his fault but Barca's fault. And now we are suffering for this...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 am

I really don't think Song was as bad as some are saying. Largely I've been content with his play.

Of course, there are the issues stated by Franchise.

The logic behind the Song transfer was really quite flawed. We know exactly what they wanted (a 2 in 1 which was probably wrong in first place), and I don't believe Song was ever first or maybe 2nd choice.

I think he was a panic purchase, and that is silly really because we always say we trust in youth as our 2nd option, not make these purchases.

Another reason could simply be his reputation over someone like Capoue.

Clearly, however, he was never going to succeed at the back. Not sure what they saw that we didn't.

Dos Santos might not be quite as good, but infinitely cheaper and definitely fine for the role. I think they must have been scared of a Busquets injury. No other explanation.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 am

Don't even get me started on the fact we'd have 18m more to buy a real defender... Wtf is wrong with us...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 am

Right, my problem with Song isn't really his play...for the most part, it's decent. It's that we have players here (JDS for example) who can do what he's been doing just as well. The second part is that because of that, it's a bunch of wasted money that could have been used elsewhere. The third part is that we bought him because he could also play as a CB, which we have found he cannot.

I am- and I don't know about Franchise but I believe he agrees here- not as critical as Song as I am about the transfer of Song... which is also what Kizz just highlighted.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 am

Who believes we'll sign a CB this transfer window? Is it that definite? I mean, you'd f**ing hope so, but still, hard to have faith when they haven't addresses defensive depth since 2009.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 am

Tbh, Tito/Roura will state we have depth in the centre of defense.
Pique, Puyol, Mascherano, Barta, Muniesa, Song, Busquests, Adriano all in the first team and have all at one stage played in this position. We clearly don't have enough experience and quality in half or more of these players.
I personally don't think we will sign a CB even though we should. We'll focus on getting a striker and a keeper... Expensive signings with it as well.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 am

Yes, I am with CB. Song the player I have very little problems with. He isnt perfect, he struggles when he is forced to run more than 3 paces but aside from that and his ability (or lack there of) to tackle im fine with him as a player

If he was a player we signed as supplementary and we filled the pressing needs, not much complaint.

But as CB indiciated there, him as a signing is a problem.

And no, I dont think its definite we will sign a CB at all. I think aslong as Puyol isnt retired and Mascherano isnt shipped out, they will think about pursisting. Like every year, they fool themselves in their belief of what we have. Thats not to say they will come to the conclusion again we dont need a real centerback, rather they will consider it, whereas with someone like me, there is nothing to think about, its blatantly obvious.

Overall I do think we will sign a centerback in the end, but am I betting money on it...heck no.

What gives the smallest belief we will is that its become a "thing" that we have gone 14 games or something without keeping a clean sheet. When statements like that get put out there (it was on the Barca website too) and it becomes a topic of talk, generally something gets done about it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 am

Agree with Dani here, I wouldn't put money on it, but do I think we will? Yes, I do. Do I think it's likely? Yes, I do.

It's too pressing of an issue, it's too f*cking apparent at this point.

We've done a good job of ignoring obvious issues but there is a point where you must face the facts and I think with the amount Barca have conceded this season, with that startling statistic Dani just mentioned, and an aging Puyol + guys like Masch in the side- I think Barcelona will HAVE to look for a CB and will be looking hard for one to buy.

The real shame of this all is the case of Bartra.

I don't understand. The league is all but completely won, Pique aside, there were many times this season (during Puyol's injury) when he was as capable as the other CB's available- and he has hardly made an appearance...sub or start. When he has played, he's looked good, and still nothing.

If he moves on I wouldn't blame him, but we have a capable CB who could blossom into a great player with some minutes, yet he's not getting a look in the side.

You would think if the status quo wasn't working you would at least switch personnel around and see if that fixes anything, but not even that.

It's too bad.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Bartra's treatment is right up with Villa in my opinion. Its not quite as criminal because Villa is a legend, but removing that its just as bad.

Bartra in his chances was very impressive to me, he is by a distance our most mobile centerback and he was confortable on the ball. When you have those two things and he didnt make any errors in terms of the offside line and things of that nature...what possible reason is there?

To me, its incredibly strange.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:
I am a huge Cena and undertaker fan as well Very Happy Hoping for him to win the title at WM Very Happy

Wow that's really nice to know !!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm

CBarca wrote:He was just a useless addition. There is no shame in admitting that.

True CB but what's useless today must have been considered useful yesterday. Surely someone just didn't decide to throw money into the water. All I was trying to do is speculate on what could possibly be the reason in any of the think tank's mind to purchase him. Understudy of Busquets perhaps but even that doesn't convince. It's one of the most baffling purchases ever as far as I am concerned.

Come to think of it truth be told both purchases from Arsenal i.e. Fabregas and Song are two of the best examples of LOSE LOSE for all concerned that I have come across in football.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next