So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

+19
S32TABLANCA
StrugaRock
FilipeFerreira
alex mahone
VanDeezNuts
â™ Ace
Ganso
buddytaller
EarlyPrototype
theaguia
adnyana179
GRAND MASTER CHI
The Madrid One
Guiltybystander
Khaled
LeSwagg James
hrealmadrid
Spider
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play? Empty So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 pm

We have the two best young LBs in the world on our team now. Only problem is that we only need one LB lol.

So who moves to RB? Some say that Coentrao should because he's the new guy and Marcelo is the incumbent. Problem is that Coentrao has zero right foot. Marcelo is the more instinctual and naturally gifted of the two... so he should be more adaptable. HOWEVER, Marcelo's problem with moving sides will likely be defense. He just learned how to be ok defensively as a LB. What makes us think that he'll make a smooth transition to RB?

It's going to be a bit of a learning curve early in the season for whoever makes the switch. As fans, we should expect some struggles. The player should be afforded some time to figure a new position out.

Ramos to CB is going to be a very big plus. Carvalho was starting to slow down a bit. But can u imagine the card magnets we now have with our CB pairing... how many red and yellows do Ramos and Pepe have between them lol?! Who's going to be the calming influence on the defense????

lol.

Back to top Go down

So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play? Empty Re: So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:58 pm

if he isnt playing RB then we blow my brain out
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play? Empty Re: So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Easy

Coentrao to the left wing, Marcelo LB, Di Maria to right wing and Ronaldo as a floating CF.

Benzema and Higuain as 2nd and 3rd strikers obviously :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:26 pm

I ENVY YOU RM FANS Evil or Very Mad

Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Spider wrote:I ENVY YOU RM FANS Evil or Very Mad

Razz

Let's see where he plays first, and if he is actually able to slot in properly second.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:10 pm

I have no idea why we bought him..... I will welcome him with open arms but I hope Mourinho knows what he is doing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Marcelo ===> WING

Coentrao ===> LB!

Done!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Yeah, Marcelo as a winger could work.

Although we have excess there too.

SUCH FRUSTRATION. SO MANY PLAYERS. SO MANY PLAYERS.

Marcelo - Ramos - Pepe - Coentrao

Or the suggested:

Di Maria - Ramos - Pepe - Coentrao
with Marcelo as a winger.

I would also really like Arbeloa to be a starter, but that ain't happening I guess...
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Guys, have you seen how tall and fast kaka is, he can make a great CB, and he has good technique he wont panic when passing forward
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:34 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Guys, have you seen how tall and fast kaka is, he can make a great CB, and he has good technique he wont panic when passing forward

That would be a pretty good plan actually! Although it takes a lot of discipline for a player who is used to going forward to hold back. However, Alonso and Kaka work quite well together, and it would allow them to alternate between going forward and holding back, giving Alonso somewhat more freedom to play his Liverpool-game, yet he'd also be able to hold Kaka's line, when he makes a run.

EDIT: Okay, fail, I misread CB.

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:35 pm

so its official? yay...

well its not even a question, its so obvious where he will be put by force that i wont even say it
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by GRAND MASTER CHI Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:if he isnt playing RB then we blow my brain out

Thumbs up i got my gun ready.

GRAND MASTER CHI
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:I have no idea why we bought him..... I will welcome him with open arms but I hope Mourinho knows what he is doing

I had my questions at first, but I trust Mou to make the best of this. Coentrao is quite versatile, so any growing pains as a RB should only last a short time.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Mou turned Marcelo into a world class LB and I'm sure he will turn Coentrao into a world class RB cheers
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

the reason why mou wants coentrao is becuase apart from being super talented he listens and learns he is also ready to sweat his balls out for the club. he shifted from winger to lb with ease so why cant he shift to rb? give him a chance guys
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:09 pm

hope he makes a maicon out of him, a younger one and much much more llonger lasting
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:11 pm

If it were up to me I would play Coentrao LB and Marcelo RB. Marcelo is the one that likes to cut in so why not play him on the right?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:14 pm

For those who missed it, Nick was joking about Kaka.

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If it were up to me I would play Coentrao LB and Marcelo RB. Marcelo is the one that likes to cut in so why not play him on the right?

I don't like the idea of moving Marcelo when he has improved and become quite accustomed to his LB role. I think it could undo his progression, plus he shouldn't have to vacate for Coentrao.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:For those who missed it, Nick was joking about Kaka.

Yeh I think he was taking the piss out of Di maria playing RB and Coentrao is also one of the best LBs in the world he might ruin himself going RB. In my eyes Marcelo will have a better chance of succeeding there.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm

When changing something there are two things you should ask.
1. What is wrong with the original?
2. What difference will the new make?

Mourinho's tactics and formation was spot on for most matches last season, and since there was nothing wrong with them last season, I don't see why he'll make huge changes like playing Di Maria in defence when it'll do the team no good. I still think he'll play a 4-2-3-1 for most matches next season since that has been his favourite formation for 3 seasons or so now with great success 5 or so major trophies in 3 years. This is my predicted line up for next season.

Casillas

Ramos------Pepe---Carvalho---------Coentrao/Marcelo

-----------Sahin/Khedira-Sahin/Alonso--------------

Di Maria/Marcelo--------Ozil/Kaka -------------Ronaldo

--------------Benzema/Higuain-----------------

Ronaldo will stay at LW(his favourite position) where he'll combine with one of the Portuguese speaking LB. Marcelo if he's to be moved to the forward position will play at RW where he can cut in to good effect. Ramos will remain at right back and rotate with Arbeloa if necessary. Coentrao will play as LB, you don't buy a 30 million player unless you intend to make the most out of him.

That way, only one player is played out of position and therefore little chemistry is lost from the season before.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:03 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Mou turned Marcelo into a world class LB and I'm sure he will turn Coentrao into a world class RB cheers
mou turned marcelo into a WC lb...and now hell get benched Sad
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:For those who missed it, Nick was joking about Kaka.
cmon we all know nick isnt THAT slow right..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:10 pm

so im slow but not THAT much?

hmmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Guys, have you seen how tall and fast kaka is, he can make a great CB, and he has good technique he wont panic when passing forward

That would be a pretty good plan actually! Although it takes a lot of discipline for a player who is used to going forward to hold back. However, Alonso and Kaka work quite well together, and it would allow them to alternate between going forward and holding back, giving Alonso somewhat more freedom to play his Liverpool-game, yet he'd also be able to hold Kaka's line, when he makes a run.

LOL, Okay, tbf, I read this as DM/CM. I am not that slow either.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next