So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

+19
S32TABLANCA
StrugaRock
FilipeFerreira
alex mahone
VanDeezNuts
♠Ace
Ganso
buddytaller
EarlyPrototype
theaguia
adnyana179
GRAND MASTER CHI
The Madrid One
Guiltybystander
Khaled
LeSwagg James
hrealmadrid
Spider
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play? - Page 2 Empty Re: So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Guys, have you seen how tall and fast kaka is, he can make a great CB, and he has good technique he wont panic when passing forward

That would be a pretty good plan actually! Although it takes a lot of discipline for a player who is used to going forward to hold back. However, Alonso and Kaka work quite well together, and it would allow them to alternate between going forward and holding back, giving Alonso somewhat more freedom to play his Liverpool-game, yet he'd also be able to hold Kaka's line, when he makes a run.

LOL, Okay, tbf, I read this as DM/CM. I am not that slow either.

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play? - Page 2 Empty Re: So now that we have Coentrao, where the heck does he play?

Post by ♠Ace Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:22 pm

i'm really curious how we going to use him.

as a rb:
That would mean ramos would be a cb with pepe. Carvalho as 3rd cb, varane/albiol as 4th? That would mean varane won't get many opportunities to play (another youth dead?)

as a winger/lb:
di maria/marcelo/coentrao would be sub and take turn with the starting role?

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Guys, have you seen how tall and fast kaka is, he can make a great CB, and he has good technique he wont panic when passing forward

That would be a pretty good plan actually! Although it takes a lot of discipline for a player who is used to going forward to hold back. However, Alonso and Kaka work quite well together, and it would allow them to alternate between going forward and holding back, giving Alonso somewhat more freedom to play his Liverpool-game, yet he'd also be able to hold Kaka's line, when he makes a run.

bait taken lol.

coentrao will have to play RB i suppose... i wont deny that he is more talented than arbeloa, also younger.. but has there ever been a case of a LW/LB switching to RB ever? please dont cite lahm or arbeloa. i mean strictly LB ----> RB

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:42 pm

deezydeez wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:

bait taken lol.

NOooooooooooooo Read above! I didn't read it as CB, but as CM, so I assumed a more pushed back role.

Of course, Im not crazy, Kaka is no defender.

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

coentrao-pepe-kaka-marcelo

wow, that's the fastest back line in europe, and they all speak portuguese, they can communicate well, and we can attack from everywhere at the back.

i thin kwe can keep kaka now
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:coentrao-pepe-kaka-marcelo

wow, that's the fastest back line in europe, and they all speak portuguese, they can communicate well, and we can attack from everywhere at the back.

i thin kwe can keep kaka now

I hate you.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 pm

haha gbs. i was just messin with ya. saw that you read it wrong.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 pm

I'm really excited with coentrao's signing, now we have quite an options not only for upfront & midfield but also backline, nice Smile

I can't be sure & really curious how mourinho actually gonna use him, whether as RB, winger, or LB

As RB, there are already ramos & arbeola who are more proven, coentrao never even plays here before. Even though this is indeed the position that will be assigned for coentrao, I think he will struggle to get starting role ahead of either ramos & arbeola, especially in the beginning when he isn't really settle in this new role. Ramos could be moved to CB, but I think next season carvalho will still be played there in most games with pepe. Carvalho is aging but he still has it and he offer something that neither pepe & ramos does atm

As winger, there are already even more players that can play in this position. Maybe in certain game coentrao will be played here for tactical reason, but I'm sure this wouldn't be his regular position

As LB, there are marcelo & arbeola here. As mourinho like to use LB to attack, the main contenders will be marcelo & coentrao. Compare to the starting role competition for RB and winger, I think this is the easiest competition to win by coentrao (imo coentrao is a slightly better LB than marcelo), or at least both marcelo & coentrao will rotate in this position while also playing winger occassionally when needed.

Last edited by alex mahone on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Coentrao & Di Maria had great chemistry at Benfica, so I wouldn't be suprised to see Coentrao at RB with Di maria RW and back to their usual stuff. And on the left Marcelo & Ronaldo have deadly chemistry. I don't care where Coentrao plays as long as he shines.

Trust in Mourinho, Coentrao will be a great player for Real madrid.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:27 pm

We are over-crowded if you ask me, we like have 2/3 great/good players in each positions
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Im back!

I really dont think we need Coentao. IMO Arbeloa is good enough for RB and gives Carvajal a good hope. I guess in the first year Coentrao will rotate between the RB (majority), LB, wing, and the bench. Hopefully his role will be more defined later on. Arbeloa would be backup, Ramos would go CB.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Coentrao at RB :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Yeah... very solid there. About time Mou listened to us lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:55 pm

finally.

played well there imo. had some fantastic tackles

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:04 pm

He looked really comfortable there and the guy who played against De La cuena is a very good player too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Only thing is that he has absolutely no idea how to overlap from the right... when we attack, it becomes a problem against better sides. They can load the middle and left and just react if something ever develops to the right. Not that Lass and Arbeloa are incredible at it... but they make the defense play them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:10 pm

May because we had no trust in our midfield and our RB rarely overlaps any way,its marcelo's job.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:Only thing is that he has absolutely no idea how to overlap from the right... when we attack, it becomes a problem against better sides. They can load the middle and left and just react if something ever develops to the right. Not that Lass and Arbeloa are incredible at it... but they make the defense play them.

thats true. my guess is his first start as a RB he was playing more cautious. needs time to adjust and gain more confidence before he makes runs forward.

we will see, who knows if this is even the beginning of the transition of him to rb

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:41 pm

I think we might have found the spot for Coentrao (what many of predicted last summer). This way we have 3 players (Arbeloa the other) for 2 spots and still we have Lass, Altintop and most of the CBs available if needed plus Nacho at Castilla. This gives us another year or two to further develop Carvajal without going out to Market for another RB.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 pm

why doesnt mou read our forums?could have resolved the problem ages ago on using ramos as a cb and coentrao as RB
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:31 pm

My opinion Arbeloa>Coentrao at RB smoking
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:13 pm

I still think Marcelo at RB and Coentrao at LB would be better.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Marcelo is already good attacking from the left.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 am

hrealmadrid wrote:My opinion Arbeloa>Coentrao at RB smoking

well coentrao has now had 1 game as RB, arbeloa has had many. coentrao is younger and has a boat load of potential so for now yes i agree with you but lets see what happens in 4-6 months

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 am

I'd love to see Coentrao at RB.
But I'd doubt mourinho would keep him there.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2