PSG vs Barcelona

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: PSG vs Barcelona

Post by BarcaLearning on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:24 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Messi might make it for the return leg apparently

Wouldnt be surprised. I have never seen someone "too good" to be injured, but it seems like he manages it Laughing

Yes Messi is so strong, and always comes back quickly. Im sure he will be back second leg....unless something more serious thats not annouced yet.... he just loves playing so much, never rests, never gets subbed even Cool

@messixaviesta wrote:
@BarcaLearning wrote:Im not sure but money wise we shouldnt have had problems, maybe wage demands or we just didnt want to overspend so we didnt get T.Silva?

I think quite simply we had used up the money to get Sanchez and Fabregas. Hence other areas needed to be compromised and defense was chosen to be the fall guy. Since we didn't want to openly admit we couldn't afford to buy a top center back we instead told the media that we have enough faith in our youth and we will manage - comments that even those who made them did not actually believe in. With the little money available Song was chosen as the cheaper option. Somehow we have this misguided belief that we can comfortably make midfielders play as defenders and its only this season that those in power are perhaps finally realizing that this is a tactical obsession gone too far.

Thx for that messixaviesta, I hope then something will be done in this area this summer.... I remember all the talk were we're happy and confident in our youth....but I think thats proven to be less reliable than we would like, cant expect every youngster able to step up into the best team in the world~

BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:21 pm

@barcastuff

Adriano, recovering from a thigh injury since mid-March, will certainly be ready for the Champions League game against PSG next week.

scratch

I f this is true then Adriano will likely play CB alongside Pigue.
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Yeh, and how long will he last this time? 30 minutes? 25? 15?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 pm

He's shite as a CB anyway.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 am

@BarcaLearning wrote:
Thx for that messixaviesta, I hope then something will be done in this area this summer.... I remember all the talk were we're happy and confident in our youth....but I think thats proven to be less reliable than we would like, cant expect every youngster able to step up into the best team in the world~

You are most welcome - glad my comments were of any help.

Quick comment on the other point being discussed. I don't want Adriano at center back. It's not a position that suits him. I have no problems with him playing as left back but not as center back please. Abidal is a long way away from fitness needed for this level of competition. Hence it just must be Bartra alongside Pique. I can't think of any other convincing option. However I doubt that they will risk playing a youngster in such a major game. So who will they put? Pretty much whoever it is our hearts will keep bouncing right through the match unfortunately.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:39 am

@messixaviesta wrote:
@BarcaLearning wrote:

You are most welcome - glad my comments were of any help.

Quick comment on the other point being discussed. I don't want Adriano at center back. It's not a position that suits him. I have no problems with him playing as left back but not as center back please. Abidal is a long way away from fitness needed for this level of competition. Hence it just must be Bartra alongside Pique. I can't think of any other convincing option. However I doubt that they will risk playing a youngster in such a major game. So who will they put? Pretty much whoever it is our hearts will keep bouncing right through the match unfortunately.

I pretty much watch every game of Barca, almost anyway. I have seen Adriano play in CB and he does pretty good. Ive seen Bartra on rare occasion, the latest was the last league game and he was terrible for me.

I think and I hope it would be Song, I think hes played there b4 and capable. I hope he does a Yaya and really step up to the role on the occasion, since he would need to deal with Ibra and Levazzi...
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:42 am

I keep hearing rumors of Thiago Silva not being available to play, can anyone confirm if this is true or just made up.
If it's true a lot is taken off our shoulders and breaching the defence should be less of an effort considering they will not park the buss and go on attack.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:54 am

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1402326/paris-saint-germain-star-thiago-silva-may-miss-barcelona-clash?cc=5901

Anclotti said it's not a serious injury. A game this big, I'm pretty sure Thiago Silva will play even if he is just at 75-85% ready

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8