Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger?

+12
Real Kandahar
Doc
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
teamanarchy
Zealous
SuperMAG
Onyx
Error
FennecFox7
Mr Nick09
Cyborg
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger?

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Don't think we need any more box to box players. Not with Modric and Khedira on the team already.

Someone who can make interceptions and distribute is probably a better option for us. I don't think Vidal or Pogba are those types of players, of course I could be wrong so who knows.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger?

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Vidal is a B2B, while Pogba I think is a DM.

With Khedira already here, we don't really need Vidal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Zealous wrote:Don't think we need any more box to box players. Not with Modric and Khedira on the team already.

Someone who can make interceptions and distribute is probably a better option for us. I don't think Vidal or Pogba are those types of players, of course I could be wrong so who knows.

who do you have in mind?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Truth be told, if Mourinho is still running the show, we probably won't be playing any different than how we are playing. Probably with a better RB.

So assuming Mourinho stays, a pure DM would be more suited.

If we were to get a man like Laudrup, then Gundogan is my preferred player, if Dortmund is selling that is (to which I doubt).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Don't think we need any more box to box players. Not with Modric and Khedira on the team already.

who do you have in mind?

No idea lol but that type of player would suit the team best. I'm not sure if Jose Rodriguez is ready especially from a defensive stand point but a player like him who intercepts is available for the pass and can distribute is the type of midfielder we should be after.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm

I agree, i am equally puzzled because it's a difficult position to feel. PLayers that know how to tackle/intercept but are quality passing forward as well are a dime in dozens
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Honestly I think we should give J Rod a shot. It's not like there are any clear candidates out there and we will have Xabi, Modric, Khedira for one more season hopefully. Ease him into the team and then if he does well we can give him a bigger role in the team.

The kid has potential and in terms of the skills needed he has them all, he just needs to develop them and he'll oly be able to do that with game time.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Whats your take on Gundogan Z?

i dont want J Rod to miss the castilla step, the jump is a bit too early for him imo. he could use another season with castilla, one in which he is actually starter and pushed to develop.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:28 am

SuperMAG wrote:doenst have to be huge, i dont like huge either, but midgets are easily outmuscled.

A perfect midfeild size is around 182-184cm. Ramos size tbh.

LOL mekelele and Lass , Seedorf, Guttoso were so short but outmuscled anyone in midfield... so height has nothing to do with it
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 am

even if we have khedira i see no reason why we shouldnt improve our squad in our weakest area if vidal is available (who knows he may not really be).

vidal is a b2b player who can play with the ball at his feet, and isnt nearly as awkward as khedira.

im sure we can find a manager who can accomodate two b2b players and xabi. juve do it right now with vidal marchisio and pirlo. and their midfield is immense, imagine that with madrids attack. quite powerful.

now thats just hypothetical and there is no way of knowing the practicality of it until it is actually put into practice, but i like it.

also: khandahar- seedorf is by no means 'short'

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 am

@ Nick

Gundogan is very good, if we sign him I won't have a problem. I'll always welcome good players to the team.

Also saying Jose needs a year in the Segunda is also a very fair point.

@Deez

I actually agree with you but the thing is I already see Modric as a b2b player in a way. Adding a third box to box player makes things a bit too muddled for my liking unless we really use Modric in Xabi's position.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 am

i personally dont see modric as a b2b player. for me he is a creative central mid, much in the same mold as xabi but instead of playing deep modric playmakes from central to attacking areas.

modric doesnt have the defensive workrate or ability to defend like vidal or khedira can

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:51 am

While that is true I just get the sense that Modric carries the ball forward more than he actually distributes the ball, ver different to Xabi for example. I don't know maybe he's just getting assimilated still which I don;t find surprising since that position comes with it's growing pains.

I really don't mind either way. If we're signing a a great player then I'll welcome it, I have my preferences of course but I won't complain if we sign someone like Vidal or whoever.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 am

i think the issue comes from the idea that a double pivot with a player of a stature of Modric presents a weakness for us in europe. i think the debate goes from there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:53 am

weakness for us in europe? :S elaborate?
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:28 am

it's simple really, winning in europe (the real prize) depends on how well you can defend and contain your opponents. At the highest level, it's really cut throat, so you want to limit the deficiencies in your line up. Sorry to say but your verratti-Khedira midfield gets raped vs Bayern in europe. Since we are on a double pivot, getting protection to the back field is a priority. that's why replacing Alonso ends up being so difficult. I thought of a Modric + DM midfield before myself, but after longer thought it's not a very good idea.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 am

IMO toure would have been perfect.

Seriously can't think of anyone that fits under the lines of what zealous said.. tough
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:59 am

3 man midfield can do well with the right coaching and tactics
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:09 am

the only coach that has had major success in europe in recent year with a 3 man midfield is Guardiola. then AVB with porto, but he only did it in europa league, and ditched it when he went to england. Carlo has been unsuccessful with his milan tactics outside of italy for a while now, and juventus have yet to prove their worth in europe with that midfield.

so i ask, who is the right coach? we are in the double pivot era, you need some serious whip to play something else.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am

Schweinsteiger? you can't be for real

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Why would a DM alongside Modric be a bad idea?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 am

people think that khedira is super defensive on the pitch. he really isnt.

when he plays with alonso he is the box to box player. alonso is the player sitting in front of the back four, he doesnt go forward. The good thing with alonso is that he can defend and when real madrid have the ball he can pass it perfectly.

when you watch khedira play with modric, he plays the same way as if alonso was alongside him. he is in the box, making runs in and around the box.

There are many games (the on the weekend versus bilbao for example) when I go crazy because khedira is more advanced on the pitch than modric. I tell myself wouldnt modric be the better player to be in and around the box? Sometimes I feel they get in each others way. I dont think khedira and modric are a good midfield partnership.

khedira is a starter in my eleven but if alonso leaves we will need to sign a player who can pass the ball short and long and sees the passes quickly. Modric is good and may get better but he doesnt have the range as alonso to pass the ball long and he obviously cant help protect the back four.

dont know if you guys understand my take on this.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Khedira would be a starter in any team bar Barca and Juve, because they don't suit him and we want him out :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Modric won't be able to shield the defense like Alonso, however we don't need to stick to the same system.

Currently we have the equivalent of a DM (Khedira) at CM as a B2B and a playmaker at DM. We could just swap them around so Modric (playmaker) is at CM and we get a DM to play DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

likeastar wrote:Khedira would be a starter in any team bar Barca and Juve, because they don't suit him and we want him out :facepalm:

i never said to get rid of him.

i said if alonso leaves, we need to get a good replacement to start alongside khedira who can pass the ball long and short.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Modric won't be able to shield the defense like Alonso, however we don't need to stick to the same system.

Currently we have the equivalent of a DM (Khedira) at CM as a B2B and a playmaker at DM. We could just swap them around so Modric (playmaker) is at CM and we get a DM to play DM.

Khedira isn't a DM lol he's a pure box to box player.

We're nnot going to change our whole style for one player. If Modric can't cut the mustard he'll have to compete with Ozil at AM.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum