billy_gr
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
free_cat
Harmonica
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celta Vigo vs Barcelona, La Liga Round 29 Empty Celta Vigo vs Barcelona, La Liga Round 29

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:15 am

Back in business

Date: Saturday, the 30th of March 2013

Stadium: Estadio de Balaídos, Vigo

Referee: Mateu Lahoz

Possible line-up

Pinto
Alves - Pique - Mascherano - Montoya
Song
Thiago - Fabregas
Alexis - Messi - Tello

Their best player Aspas is suspended for this match (and the next three) after headbutting Deportivo player.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Celta Vigo vs Barcelona, La Liga Round 29 Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Barcelona, La Liga Round 29

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:21 am

We should play mostly with subs IMO. Pedro can't play vs. PSG so if he is not injured, he should play:

Pinto
Alves - Bartra - Mascherano - Montoya
---------Song
---Thiago ------- Fabregas
-Pedro-----Alexis-----Tello

Messi to come in to score his goal.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Celta Vigo vs Barcelona, La Liga Round 29 Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Barcelona, La Liga Round 29

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah true that, we have 4 games bumper, and this should be one to take the risk of losing with subs.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

We saw the difference it makes to have a very rested squad, including Messi, vs. Milan at home.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:52 am

Perfect team by Free. Agree with it all and I'd like to see Tello against PSG... but probs won't happen...at least Villa will start Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Perfect team by Free. Agree with it all and I'd like to see Tello against PSG... but probs won't happen...at least Villa will start Very Happy

Well, it's Tello or Alexis for the third spot in the forward line as Pedro is suspended. I guess it'll be Alexis and Tello will come in.
However,it's also possible that Tello plays or that we again go back to the stupidity (AKa playing Iniesta in the LW and Cesc as CM).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Agre with the general feeling here.

I am worried about Messi playing in that high altitude (which by the way is such an unfair advantage for Bolivia its crazy) and the effect it may have on him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm

just rest messi. that's all we need
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm

0 chance of Messi starting. If I remember correctly Tito has rested him every single time after FIFA break and this won't be any different, especially after the freaking Bolivia game.

Tello Villa Alexis
Cesc Thiago
Song
Montoya Bartra Pique Alves
Pinto

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Messi has played a full game after the last 3 FIFA breaks:

After Sweden, Getafe 1+2
After Saudi-Arabia, Zaragoza 2+1
After WCQ, Deportivo 3+1

It depends what he feels really, if he's fine he will play at least 30 min.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:Agre with the general feeling here.

I am worried about Messi playing in that high altitude (which by the way is such an unfair advantage for Bolivia its crazy) and the effect it may have on him.
Yet in spite of the advantage they've only qualified for like 1 WC ever hmm

People usually forget to note that it's also hard for Bolivia to go down from altitude, it works both ways.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:55 pm

If Bolivia actually had a good team, they would slaughter everyone at their home. And then FIFA would be forced to intervene.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:03 pm

They already tried to intervene in 07 iirc, and were forced to back down from it by public outcry.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Yes, put the opposite outcry would be much bigger if they were winning every game 5-0.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Agre with the general feeling here.

Yet in spite of the advantage they've only qualified for like 1 WC ever hmm

People usually forget to note that it's also hard for Bolivia to go down from altitude, it works both ways.

Not true. When they go down from altitude there is no harm for them at all. In fact they still have an advantage becaue they have been "training" at high altitude for their entire life.

If they wasnt crap they probably would qualify all the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 pm

I have friends from Bolivia and they tell me that when they go down from altitude they feel very "heavy" and often get dizzy. Maybe the effects are lesser than going up but from what they tell me it does work both ways.

Also, this is yet another Barca match I won't be able to watch. I hate this bounce
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Messi will start, he needs to break that record, it's the most important thing in this entire fixture. :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Never heard of such a thing, I think more likely they are just not used it and it has a strange feeling.

But physiologically speaking, they have all the advantage in the world. Perhaps it depends on how long they were away from high altidude.

A story quickly.

Graeme Souness, at 34 years old got called up for Scotland to go to the WC in Mexico 86. A fantastic player in his prime but at 34 was on the down, but still he had some game left. Anyway, on arrival in Mexico he quickly found he could not perform in the high altitude (which is still nothing in comparision to Bolivia I believe) at all, physically he was awful and Sir Alex dropped him. He couldnt handle the altitude at all, they had not prepared for it and spending that long there killed him.

Anyway, he retired from NT football after that. However, he continued at club level. On his return to preseason training, Liverpool participated in sprint training. At 34 years old he was flying, meters out in front of everyone after not one, but 3 and 4 sprints. The high altitude he suffered in now was helping him greatly. Of course eventually it wore off as he acclimatised to having more oxygen.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:12 pm

That's interesting. I do know that the best ultra-marathon runner in the world now is a guy from the Catalan mountains and they suspect that the fact that he grew up in altitude has given him a huge advantage (link for good article on him). As you mentioned I think there might be a period of a few days where they have to get used to it. You would suspect the Bolivian NT to be faster and have a higher endurance than other NTs, which is not really the case.

I'm surprised Sir Alex chose not to prepare in altitude for the match? I know Argentina trained in Tilcara in Northern Argentina, which has roughly the same altitude as the Aztec stadium.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 pm

football players are physically stronger than us. they train every day and live healthy life. few years ago i vomited after going up just 1000 m in a mountain. now i imagine what would happen to me if i was in 3600 m altitude

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:38 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That's interesting. I do know that the best ultra-marathon runner in the world now is a guy from the Catalan mountains and they suspect that the fact that he grew up in altitude has given him a huge advantage (link for good article on him). As you mentioned I think there might be a period of a few days where they have to get used to it. You would suspect the Bolivian NT to be faster and have a higher endurance than other NTs, which is not really the case.

I'm surprised Sir Alex chose not to prepare in altitude for the match? I know Argentina trained in Tilcara in Northern Argentina, which has roughly the same altitude as the Aztec stadium.

Cool article, I will read that.

Yeah, I think at the time, and perhaps even now Sir Alex didnt have much knowledge of that effects of altitude..or at least, how you have to prepare for it. Its for sure not in the English coaching education even today, so Scotland back then...for sure no...he didnt come from an education background (like Mourinho who has a teachers degree I think) so yeah...someone in Scotland you would imagine would know, but I guess at the time they either underestimated it or just wasnt educated.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 am

---------------Pinto---------------
--Alves--Pique--Barta--Montoya-
--------------Song----------------
-----Thiago------------Fabregas--
--Alexis---------Villa--------Tello-

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 am

Messi, Mascherano, Busquets and Xavi worked with the team physio today.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 am

Xavi injured too Fringing Spain.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:07 am

This is what I hate when we let our players play with their countries... Alba, Pedro, Xavi out in less than a game. :facepalm:
They weren't all going to play anyway...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next