McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 pm

dmize wrote:I don't know if they were much better than Rose, but Rose doesn't really do anything to separate himself from those 2.

And Marbury was right there as a top PG around 2002/2003. I can think of Kidd and AI who were better off the top of my head, and probably J Williams but that's arguable. Right around where Rose would be ranked as a PG today.

I think they roughly the same level, makes sense to me.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 pm

dmize wrote:Bill Simmons is so annoying. Some quotes from tonight:

On the success the Knicks and Nets were having recently with Martin/Evans, energy guys: "To me those guys are fool's gold, you can't win with those guys."

Magic: "I know for a fact you can win with those guys as Martin and Kidd took the Nets to the Finals.

Bill Simmons: silent

"LeBron probably could(average a triple double) but he's not a stat chaser like Wilt Chamberlain"

:facepalm: Jalen was like whoa there.

Both, utterly redicilous lol

Lebron has said many times he is "very aware of his FG %"....you really think he dont care about stats Laughing

Lebron doesnt average a triple double because he cant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:Bill Simmons is so annoying. Some quotes from tonight:

On the success the Knicks and Nets were having recently with Martin/Evans, energy guys: "To me those guys are fool's gold, you can't win with those guys."

Magic: "I know for a fact you can win with those guys as Martin and Kidd took the Nets to the Finals.

Bill Simmons: silent

"LeBron probably could(average a triple double) but he's not a stat chaser like Wilt Chamberlain"

:facepalm: Jalen was like whoa there.

Both, utterly redicilous lol

Lebron has said many times he is "very aware of his FG %"....you really think he dont care about stats Laughing

Lebron doesnt average a triple double because he cant.
He "can't"? I disagree.

Yes he's aware of his stats, just like most other NBA players. I mean Durant was barking at the folks at the scorers' table the other day for not attributing an assist to him ffs Laughing

And no he's not a stat chaser. I mean, this is the same guy that purposely jacked up a ridiculous three pointer from almost halfcourt at the end of the shot clock which ended his 6 game 30pts/60% run.....in the dying minutes of the game.....when he could haveve held on to the ball or passed it to someone else for the shot. He "cares" about his stats but so does 95% of the NBA as well.

If there's anyone in the NBA who CAN, apart from say Rondo, its Lebron. I'm sure you can't deny this. He's THAT talented.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:42 pm

I agree, he isnt unlike most other players..I think he cares, to a degree, which is fine.

Noone in the NBA can average a triple double, noone.

I mean, if thats their goal...completely ignoring winning the game..then yeah....he could...but on that same note, Kobe could average 50, Magic could of averaged 20 assists and so on...no player can average a triple double today, while playing the game in a normal way with the intention of winning rather than chasing the stat only.

And if he is suggesting thats what Wilt did, its redicilous...he wasnt any different to any elite scorer, be it Jordan, Kobe, whoever....give me the ball, get out the way and ill score.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Maybe shooting point guards are less frowned upon today, but I tho I Rose does it better than those two. I never really rated Marbury, Francis was a boss though for a few years.

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh and one more thing, how is he going to average 10 boards a game?

He right now averages "just" 8..and thats playing with Chris Bosh and Batteir in the frontcourt Laughing

There are only 9 players in the entire league averaging 10 a game...I dont think people realise its not easy to average 10 a game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:50 pm

dmize wrote:

Will be the next John Wall with a better jumpshot. :coffee:

He's transferring to UConn from NC State

There is only one John Wall :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Theres only one of any player :coffee:

Check out :14 apparently Wall recognizes
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 am

That Pekovic cheap shot on Knight last night Mad Drummond came at him with words and Monroe yelled from the bench and the refs hit Monroe with a tech, but no flagrant for Pek. Seems dudes are just going at BK now.

I hope Drummond puts that smelly eurotrash p.o.s. 6 feet under the next time they play.

Last edited by dmize on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:15 am

I just watched it, damn lol.. Dirty play indeed

What do you guys think of Tobias Harris? Looks like a solid player
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 am

Getting him back for Reddick was a really good move. Now they have 2 good young SF's because Harkless has played well lately in the games that I saw.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Wouldnt want much to do with Pek man, dude is built like stone...270......

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Harrison Barnes seemed to do alright

Nothings gunna happen on the court anyway so his teammates need to support him and I have no doubt Drummond will get in his face the next time.

He has more size than him, he just doesn't have "man strength" at 19.

Minnesota has shown to be a punk team. Barea, Pekovic. Some likeable guys(rubio shved d-will), but also some punks.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Hall of Fame class of 2013 includes Gary Payton and Bernard King.

The Glove Thumbs up
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Better late than never for King, should of happened ages ago...dude was a machine, one of the best scorers ever.

The glove, well well deserved. Big talker, even bigger game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:22 am

I still think he gets in but that 06 title was big for GP. Made him a HOFer no doubt.

What about Mitch Richmond? HOF or no? Didn't get in again, but I think this is the 2nd or 3rd year he's been eligible. I'm leaning towards no.

I work right down the street from the Hall in Springfield. Got tickets to the 2010 event where Pippen got inducted, with MJ presenting him. Awesome moment that was.

I wish I could've gotten into MJ's induction in 2009. His speech was amazing.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

Normally I would say no to Mitch.

But the HOF isnt exclusive enough in my opinion, worse players have and will get in.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 am

Don't agree. Plenty of guys who should be in aren't like Spencer Haywood(biggest snub easily, ABA MVP, best player on USA Gold Medal team, all NBA 1st team x2). Tom Chambers, Sidney Moncrief and Kevin Johnson are pretty close and wouldn't be undeserving either.

In the last 10-15 years of inductions I don't see any players that were undeserving really. To name a few of the most recents: Ralph Sampson, Reggie Miller, Mullin, Rodman, Sabonis(if it was the NBA HOF instead of the basketball HOF, he wouldn't be in), Artis Gilmore, MJ, Pippen.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 am

Spencer Haywood deserves it no question and I agree there are players missing who should be in, but I still think there are guys in their who arent better than guys like him, and even guys like Mitch

For example, does Drazen Petrovic resume outshine Mitchs? 20 point scorer for like 2 seasons? I dont think it does...Mitch did it for a decade.

Calvin Murphy is in there, 18 and 4 a game from point guard...meh..

Franky Ramsey, 13.4 and 5 as the 6th man on those Bill Russell Celtics...clearly based on rings he simply wasnt that big a part of.

Dave Bing, decent player. 20 point per game scorer with no rings...sounds pretty similar to Mitch.

Yes recently its been cleaned up, but those guys are still in..dont think you can make up for it by omitting guys now, the standard has already been set low.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 am

Petrovic shouldn't be in there, if he should than so should Len Bias.

Calvin Murphy is arguable, mainly because, again, it's the basketball hall of fame, and he averaged an absurd 33ppg over 3 years at Niagara. I'd vote no but I can see why some would vote yes.

There's a couple others but I guess that goes for any HOF because baseball and american football are the same way. In fact I'd say baseball is much worse because because off the top of my head I can name quite a few undeserving players(Winfield, Puckett, Neikro, Mazeroski, Blyleven, Sutton).

In fact the Baseball HOF is notorious for awarding longevity/consistency too much. Guys who were good, not great over a long period get in.

So the b-ball HOF isn't perfect but none are.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 am

Finally Found a play I've been looking for for a while. Mark Jackson :bow:

We did this first time against Spurs a couple of weeks ago. Now we do it in every game once at least. I've seen this play in the amateur leagues, never thought it could work in the NBA, but seems like it does.

I'm sure you've heard of it, called the 'elevator'

Video link
http://ballislife.com/golden-state-warriors-use-elevator-screens-to-get-steph-curry-and-klay-thompson-wide-open-shots/
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 am

Drazen might have a argument based on international accomplishments.

Sampson didn't really do that much (at least not statistically) from what I see. Great initial couple of seasons but after that progressive decline due to injuries.

I don't really think he did enough.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Well I get ya, just think Mitch is better than that. I mean as said, would vote no but when you consider who is already in there...its a bit cold.

And Messiah, yeah I seen that play..its funny how it isnt used more..I struggle to think of a feasable way to defend it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Sampson didn't really do that much (at least not statistically) from what I see. Great initial couple of seasons but after that progressive decline due to injuries.

I don't really think he did enough.

3-time player of the year at Virginia. His college accomplishments got him in, as a pro he was underwhelming.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Drazen was a boss in Europe if I'm not mistaken.. Mitch is a tough one, I don't know if I would vote for him
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 pm

While we're at it, is Vince Carter a hall of famer? Me and my boys discussed this a while back.. I said he is, he was a top 3-5 shooting guard with the Raps and his aerial dominance stands out.. I think he deserves to be 'immortalized' in the HOF

People 50+ years from now should be able to know about Vince Carter IMO

We discussed T-Mac as well, that was a little tougher for me.. He was probably better than Vince in his prime but doesn't have the longevity of Vince, or didn't have that special something which Vince did with his dunks.. I wouldn't mind him getting in though
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next