billy_gr
BarcaKizz
free_cat
The Sanchez
BarrileteCosmico
28 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL) Empty FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 am

I would expect:

Valdes
Alves - Pique - Bartra - Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Alexis - Cesc - Villa

Messi to come in and play the last 30 minutes
Adriano a possibility for Bartra

Any news on Pedro? He should be fit by now but I haven't read anything about him recovering yet.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL) Empty Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by The Sanchez Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:52 am

PSG game is opportunity for Barca to Rotate because Messi is not (should not be) available. Cesc was very difficult for PSG to defend in a dynamic goal threat and assist threat way usually associated with Messi. This Cesc v2 is the culmination of the sacrifice he made by returning to Barcelona. The use of the speed of Tello and Sanchez in Mallorca game for es the defense to drop off and allows more time for the unique feature of Barca’s attack: multiple players in attacking midfield positions who can routinely execute high quality final passes; Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Cesc, Alves, etc. A really ridiculous number of potentially goal making passes. Whenever a packed defense deforms or becomes stretched Barca create high probability scoring chances. Tactics should result in PSG defense loosing shape. The assists will come. I think this is why my skin crawls when a game goes for 15-20 mins without a breakdown in the defensive shape of an opponent. Barca hasn’t made a change that will cause that deformation. Villa is very effective as target/finisher when space opens up for all those passers.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL) Empty Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 am

The consensus rumor on the media is that Adriano will play over Bartra.
I would prefer Bartra to play to see what he really is made of and because Adriano is short and comes from injury.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 am

I've always been a champion of playing our youths, but I can understand if they don't want to throw Bartra into the fire.

While I think he should be playing, I also believe he should already have played in plenty more matches this season and earned necessary experience. Since we've lacked faith in him all season it would be an odd time to start putting all our hopes on him.

It makes more sense given Tito's record of selections that Adriano will be picked.

Anyway, I think I explained this last week. Key to the game isn't Messi or Bartra but Xavi. Needs to be 100% fit and hopefully on his game. We must press with more urgency, win early ball and transition faster, thus playing a higher tempo game. He's the catalyst there.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Apparently we don't trust Bartra that much. Shame for the kid.
As for Pedro, even if fit I prefer Alexis
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 pm

billy_gr wrote:Apparently we don't trust Bartra that much. Shame for the kid.
As for Pedro, even if fit I prefer Alexis

He is just coming back from injury, so I think it's ok if he is benched.
However, if he is fully fit he has to start. Let's don't repeat the same mistake and leave Pedro in the bench for Alexis in a crucial CL game and then regret it. Alexis already was bad and missed two easy chance there. Thank god Sirigu penaltied him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 pm

True. I’m not delighted with Alexis either. But he’s healthy right now and he scored twice in his last game.
Ideally I’d go with Tello but I want Alexis’ workrate there. By the way playing Adriano or Song alongside Pique isn’t going to end well
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Playing Adriano at the back would be a joke. He won't survive the first half without an injury anyway and he's a midget. Who's going to defend set pieces? Pique? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

Anyway, I think I explained this last week. Key to the game isn't Messi or Bartra but Xavi. Needs to be 100% fit and hopefully on his game. We must press with more urgency, win early ball and transition faster, thus playing a higher tempo game. He's the catalyst there.
but i think the key is busquets. he controls the midfield and defense as much as xavi

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Latest article from me, discussing the changes to Barca's game that must be made. Give it a read. Cheers Smile

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1598052-champions-league-changes-barcelona-must-make-vs-psg

Take this as just a post I would normally write here, I'd love your responses.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm

I for some reason enjoyed this article the most of yours Kizz, my favourite so far I think.

Trying to comment on it but isnt connecting right now.

Anyway, good points and ill probably say more on the article once I get to it.

On the game, for some reason, I have a feeling Cesc will do well if he starts. Perhaps not individually like vs Mallorca, but him playing that position rather than Messi, I think someone like Villa might be able to play off him easier because Cesc looks to pass and run, rather than dribble and shoot.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Would rather not Alexis or Pedro tbh

---Tello--------Cesc-------Villa

Pedro and Alexis to come on late and add nothing to the game except useless runs
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Useless runs? There is no such a thing.

Without those useless runs the better players dont get the time and space they get.

Tello, Cesc and Villa sounds like a front line where noone has that great energy and pressing.

Alexis wins or pressures to force a turnover at least 3 times a game when he plays..Tello, Villa nor Cesc, I would be surprised if they manage it once.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Alexis has been playing better, but both him and Pedro have gone through stretches where they just run full blast all over the place vs games where they play great off the ball
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 pm

----villa-----cesc-----alexis---

------iniesta--------xavi-----

------------busquets------

---albaabidalpiquedanialves-

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:58 pm

hmm...
I wouldn't be surprised if we put Buscuit in the back and Song on DM, after his last performance maybe it's a possibility.
would would you guys rather see? buscuit or adriano at cb
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Busquets no way dude.

Bartra or Adriano. No way busquets.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Busquets is too slow, if they use a pacey cf like lavezzi he would get burned a la pato. Song is probably a bit faster, I'd go hope tito goes with him, and, Pique, I guess, at the back. Also is Adriano even fit yet? If he is maybe going with him as the central half is a decent idea, as long as he isn't exposed aerially a la CRonaldo, he has the defensive capabilities and the speed to do it, he was part of the3 man back line last season in some games, I don't remember him getting exposed too often.

I think we will see a less direct Barca than usual.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Song as CB? Are you insane Albiceleste? Very Happy

Bartra is at least twice the CB Song is.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Bartra come on... Why the fk Adriano, Busquests or Song?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 pm

I too would prefer Bartra but i have this feeling tito wont chose him Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am

free_cat wrote:
Song as CB? Are you insane Albiceleste? Very Happy

Bartra is at least twice the CB Song is.
I have not been all that convinced by him tbh, I would prefer to start an older more experienced player so we dont get Varane'd

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:45 am

Please win.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks Red.

IMO it's either Adriano or Bartra. No other options should even be considered. I like Adriano and I think he would do well and I don't have any qualms about him starting, other than that I'm worried with him coming back from injury and his lack of height. Bartra on the other hand lacks experience and we'll be putting a lot of faith in him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Adriano but I personally would like to see Bartra. I think the boy can do it, and his ariel presence will help immensely.

We have to press like we did vs Milan and we have to move the ball well, as Xavi said (great article Kizz btw). I think this task has become much easier without Matuidi in the line up and I think that will be QSG's undoing.

On the frontline I hope to see Alexis with Cesc and Villa. Alexis's movement is always impressive and his work rate even moreso. I remain skeptical about his ability to put the ball in the back of the net but he's coming off the back of a 2 goal game, he's looked confident, I think he can do it, like Bartra.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:08 am

RedOranje wrote:Please win.
Cex will score another hat trick just for you.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next