FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by messixaviesta on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Apart from the lack of pressing and the slow tempo another major problem I felt tonight was that the passing from the back was much poorer. Finishing was of course a let down but that's become a norm.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by The Franchise on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:Sometimes you don't play well but you get the result needed. Some say that's what great teams do. Let's not forget we are in the semis for a record sixth straight time. I guess a team or even the only team to do it five times must have been Real Madrid of 1956-60. So for that reason at least I would like to credit my team.


You can say that if you do it once in a while in a league game, thats true.

But this is not that, this is now 3 out of 4 CL games.

Also, there is one thing playing bad..misplacing passes, missing chances, making errors...all those things, it can happen.

But we are not doing the gameplan which made us great. You remember when we were the best team without the ball aswell as with it? Because we aint that anymore..with it, we are still the best. Without it, many many better it seems.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by messixaviesta on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
I not convinced it was on purpose JD, I think they just played scared because of the occassion. But they started playing better, especially after they scored.

Agree completely dani that it was about the occasion. Germans have let the occasion get to them quite often in the last few years but last night they managed to pull through and that could give not just this club but their whole country more confidence and mental strength for the future. They could have so easily gone out though.



messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

I think you're giving PSG too little credit. They played very well from the back. Your pressing was poor, but their passing was also very precise. Technically speaking, Motta, Verratti, Maxwell barely put a foot wrong in possession.

I don't know what happened to Busquets but I said it a couple of weeks ago that he's not the same error-free player we're used to know. Generally though your passing was well below standards, I didn't see a lot of movements and you just looked like a tired team. And you know my opinion about Pedro. Great finish by him but other than that he gives the term 'winger' a bad name.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4845
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by gondov on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Messi injured again / done more damage to his existing injury. Sad

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m

First tests have shown Messi has no muscle tear, but his thigh injury has not yet healed and he could be rested again.


Is 2 weeks gonna be enough for him to be fully fit.
avatar
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1176
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by messixaviesta on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:26 pm

@The Franchise wrote:

You can say that if you do it once in a while in a league game, thats true.

But this is not that, this is now 3 out of 4 CL games.

Also, there is one thing playing bad..misplacing passes, missing chances, making errors...all those things, it can happen.

But we are not doing the gameplan which made us great. You remember when we were the best team without the ball aswell as with it? Because we aint that anymore..with it, we are still the best. Without it, many many better it seems.

Fair comments. It's certainly a matter of grave concern but what surprises me is that we can still do it when we need to as was the case in the Milan game and the last several minutes tonight. Why we don't want to do it right from the start is the big question.


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by The Franchise on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:
And we cant even defend like a normal team, as in dropping the lines and just soaking up pressure, Defenders too mistake prone positionally, dont handle pressure well for extended period and end up going for desperation clearances.

Agree about Busi, woeful performance. Pastore kept dropping into the space, Alves couldnt go with him because Maxwell was coming (as we had no rightwing to track) and Busquets nowhere near him. On top of that lost the ball and Lucas went by him easily...the Lucas thing I wont really blame him for, he was going past anyone he wanted mostly.

I disagree about your first point above. I do think we can defend deep. Not with Mascherano or Adriano as CB, but we can with Bartra-Pique-Busquets (and Puyol of course), and if you add Song to that combo, even more. We are solid enough defensively when we defend with numbers without pressing. It's our pressing that truly sucks. And it's not because of Messi as Alexjanosik pointed out, it's a deeper thing, probably tactically.

On the second point, Busquets lost many other balls than that Lucas one another one of them very dangerous. He was atrocious.


That could be a fair point, with an actual defence and not midfielders and leftbacks in there..perhaps we can, or at least we have a better chance. That I will concede.

As for the pressing, for me its like 2 factors.

One of them is the players, no getting around it, if Messi doesnt sprint, you play Cesc and Villa who are not the most energetic, you wont press as well.

However, bigger than that, it looks like we havent actually practiced pressing since Pep left.

It looks a disorganised mess.

Midfielders arriving late, Busquets caught in the wrong areas.

Today it was even worse because Villa was on the "right" but actually was very centeral and Maxwell got free everytime, which caused Xavi to have 2 players to contend with.

avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by messixaviesta on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 pm

@gondov wrote:Messi injured again / done more damage to his existing injury. Sad

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m

First tests have shown Messi has no muscle tear, but his thigh injury has not yet healed and he could be rested again.


Is 2 weeks gonna be enough for him to be fully fit.

He shouldn't be played in La Liga for some time. He looked uncomfortable several times tonight but still showed great attitude to do what he could for the team. Fingers crossed he will be back in time.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm

@danyjr wrote: And you know my opinion about Pedro. Great finish by him but other than that he gives the term 'winger' a bad name.

Sure, cause he didn't drible his man two-three times? And put in dangerous crosses?

How many times Villa or Alexis dribled their man at Paris or Villa at home?

Why are you criticizing Pedro who put us in the semis, pressed like crazy, played well, etc, instead of criticizing Cesc, Villa, Xavi or Busquets who did nothing?

Ah, yes, you are not even a Barça fan and love Alexis for some weird reason. Because he is a fellow south american I guess.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by The Franchise on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 pm

@gondov wrote:Messi injured again / done more damage to his existing injury. Sad

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m

First tests have shown Messi has no muscle tear, but his thigh injury has not yet healed and he could be rested again.


Is 2 weeks gonna be enough for him to be fully fit.

Not surprised. They really didnt want to bring him on I think. If they werent worried, they would of brought him on as soon as they scored. They gave it another 10 but it looked like it wasnt going to change so they did it, knowing he might get injured again.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:32 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:
And we cant even defend like a normal team, as in dropping the lines and just soaking up pressure, Defenders too mistake prone positionally, dont handle pressure well for extended period and end up going for desperation clearances.

Agree about Busi, woeful performance. Pastore kept dropping into the space, Alves couldnt go with him because Maxwell was coming (as we had no rightwing to track) and Busquets nowhere near him. On top of that lost the ball and Lucas went by him easily...the Lucas thing I wont really blame him for, he was going past anyone he wanted mostly.

I disagree about your first point above. I do think we can defend deep. Not with Mascherano or Adriano as CB, but we can with Bartra-Pique-Busquets (and Puyol of course), and if you add Song to that combo, even more. We are solid enough defensively when we defend with numbers without pressing. It's our pressing that truly sucks. And it's not because of Messi as Alexjanosik pointed out, it's a deeper thing, probably tactically.

On the second point, Busquets lost many other balls than that Lucas one another one of them very dangerous. He was atrocious.


That could be a fair point, with an actual defence and not midfielders and leftbacks in there..perhaps we can, or at least we have a better chance. That I will concede.

As for the pressing, for me its like 2 factors.

One of them is the players, no getting around it, if Messi doesnt sprint, you play Cesc and Villa who are not the most energetic, you wont press as well.

However, bigger than that, it looks like we havent actually practiced pressing since Pep left.

It looks a disorganised mess.

Midfielders arriving late, Busquets caught in the wrong areas.

Today it was even worse because Villa was on the "right" but actually was very centeral and Maxwell got free everytime, which caused Xavi to have 2 players to contend with.


We absorbed pressure perfectly well towards the end with Busquets-Song- Bartra and Pique. 0 chances for PSG.

I agree with you, our pressing is a complete tactical mess. We leave a player alone all the time to receive the pass. You just can't press if you don't press like a unit and you are on a 1 on 1 to every player.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by gondov on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:45 pm



Official: Adriano was subbed off because of cramps, he is not injured!


dafuq is wrong with this guy? Mad
avatar
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1176
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@danyjr wrote: And you know my opinion about Pedro. Great finish by him but other than that he gives the term 'winger' a bad name.

Sure, cause he didn't drible his man two-three times? And put in dangerous crosses?

How many times Villa or Alexis dribled their man at Paris or Villa at home?

Why are you criticizing Pedro who put us in the semis, pressed like crazy, played well, etc, instead of criticizing Cesc, Villa, Xavi or Busquets who did nothing?

Ah, yes, you are not even a Barça fan and love Alexis for some weird reason. Because he is a fellow south american I guess.

Villa was marked centrally throughout the match, yet he played a massive role in the build up to the goal. I think Villa is actually being used as a target dummy by Barcelona to keep a couple of opposition defenders busy at the back, making more room for others. Hence he didn't played too bad considering he fulfilled his tactical role.

Alexis? What do we need to say about Alexis? I like him? Yes I do but not because he is south American. I'll also add that he's nowhere near met the expectations at Barcelona because he wasn't even fit for the style in the first place but he's quality and he showed that in Udinese and Chile. Also you think I hate Pedro? Why would I hate a player who's got nothing to do with me? I'm simply saying, for all his brilliant displays 3-4 years ago, he's become an inert player when Barcelona attacks. He got passed Jallet and sent a cross? Blimey, since when do wingers do that kind of thing? And why not mention the many times Iniesta, a CM was ahead of him in attack while he was so wide that he was completely out of play. And also let's mention the couple of times he was in the box and he wasted them by attempting the most facepalm-worthy passes, easily intercepted by PSG's defenders (watch their goal).

Finally, we're not talking about one game. Pedro's form has been poor all season and the only person who defends him without any logic is you. I hope you realise that, even in the case that I'm a nutcase and he's actually better than Alexis, it doesn't make Pedro good being better than a player who's having a bad time.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4845
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm

According to Roura, Messi is fine.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 pm

@danyjr wrote:

Finally, we're not talking about one game. Pedro's form has been poor all season and the only person who defends him without any logic is you. I hope you realise that, even in the case that I'm a nutcase and he's actually better than Alexis, it doesn't make Pedro good being better than a player who's having a bad time.

We were talking about one game, tonights. Don't just shift the argument to some other stuff just because you are being pwned.

Also, PSG goal being Pedro's fault must be one of the mos stupid stuff I've ever heard. Losing a ball 75 m. from your goal, makes you the culprit. rofl
Nothing to with Adriano rushing out and then not catching Pastore, Busquets not helping much in cutting the counter or Alba and Alves nowhere near the defence.


Last edited by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by The Franchise on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 pm

He probably got tired, usual cause of cramps.

Not surprised, probably a bit nervous playing centerback in a big game plus hasnt played in ages.

Add that to the fact he obviously has muscle problems, not surprised in the slightest. They didnt even wait for him to make the sub, as soon as he hit the deck Bartra had his warm ups off lol
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 pm

@free_cat wrote:We were talking about one game. Don't just shift the argument to some other stuff just because you are being pwned.
You obviously didn't read what I said. But it's okay. I won't be seeing your comments next time I open a page. Laughing

Spoiler:
llunàtic català

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4845
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm

@danyjr wrote:
@free_cat wrote:We were talking about one game. Don't just shift the argument to some other stuff just because you are being pwned.
You obviously didn't read what I said. But it's okay. I won't be seeing your comments next time I open a page. Laughing

Spoiler:
llunàtic català

Off course I read what you said, I just wasn't bothered to answer in detail, but as you want it so much:
Villa wasn't better than Pedro because he contributed in the buildup of the goal because he didn't press, score or drible like Pedro did. You first criticize Pedro for not doing what a winger should do, then say that it is expected of him to drible and cross because he is a winger....
As you see, writing a long post doesn't make you right, and I can't be bothered to answer any biased thought you have.

And calling me crazy catalan, even if it's in catalan, it's not welcomed. I am harsh but never cross the border to personal insult, neither should you.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 pm

He dribbled Jallet and crossed well once during the whole match (first half).. So did Alba, who is a left back. (screwed up the cross though)
'Crazy' a personal attack? lol how old are you bruv? I called myself a nutcase on a previous post.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4845
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 pm

@danyjr wrote:He dribbled Jallet and crossed well once during the whole match (first half).. So did Alba, who is a left back. (screwed up the cross though)
'Crazy' a personal attack? lol how old are you bruv? I called myself a nutcase on a previous post.

He actually dribled jallet three times, twice to cross, once to shoot.

I'm older than you and obviously much more well mannered too.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by CBarca on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 am

Didn't get to watch the game as usual but I'll watch it this weekend when I can. Too busy anyhow :/

Delighted we're through cheers

We're not winning the whole thing though. Our defense :facepalm:

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16992
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 am

I was gonna go watch the game with friends, but school said otherwise Sad

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6351
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by CBarca on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:12 am

Giggity5313 wrote:I was gonna go watch the game with friends, but school said otherwise Sad


_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16992
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:11 am

@messixaviesta wrote:Sometimes you don't play well but you get the result needed. Some say that's what great teams do. Let's not forget we are in the semis for a record sixth straight time. I guess a team or even the only team to do it five times must have been Real Madrid of 1956-60. So for that reason at least I would like to credit my team.
The problem is that this is not a one time event. The only time we've played with the intensity was in the 2nd leg of the Milan match, and that's because we were at the border of extinction. We've never played with the appropriate pressure since - and we know this is the problem. The entire team has recognized this. And yet we still go on playing on a very leisurely way.

Also Free I think there's a big difference in saying "Pedro saved our asses today" which is 100% true, and "Pedro played a good game". He was invisible. But so were Xavi and Busquets.

Villa a bit underrated, he had a sacrificial role. Does it make sense to play him as a 9 without Messi? I don't think so, Cesc was able to do nothing with all that extra space. The more traditional 4-3-3 might've worked best considering the quality of their FBs.

Is Xavi still carrying an injury? One of the reasons Busquets struggles so much in this game is that he was overrun in the midfield, and frankly Xavi didn't do enough to help out. The pressing was atrocious. We might get past Madrid or Dortmund, but I'm genuinely afraid of Bayern.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23394
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 am

@CBarca wrote:Didn't get to watch the game as usual but I'll watch it this weekend when I can. Too busy anyhow :/

Delighted we're through cheers

We're not winning the whole thing though. Our defense :facepalm:
For the first time in a long time the defense is not our primary issue, it's the midfield.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23394
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by CBarca on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@CBarca wrote:Didn't get to watch the game as usual but I'll watch it this weekend when I can. Too busy anyhow :/

Delighted we're through cheers

We're not winning the whole thing though. Our defense :facepalm:
For the first time in a long time the defense is not our primary issue, it's the midfield.

How is that possible, with our midfield and their missing Matuidi?

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16992
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Barcelona vs Paris SG (2nd leg CL)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum