LeSwagg James
halamadrid2
LeVersacci
Albiceleste
Onyx
42 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion

Post by LeVersacci Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:15 am

Modric-Xabi??

BvB is not another scrub la liga team Mad

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund discussion

Post by SuperMAG Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:19 am

For GOD SAKE mou, not higgy again. Play benz fffffffffffffs.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:30 am

I think Modric and Alonso could play together since our possession play needs to be better against their pressing.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:48 am

Benz and Modric should start ahead of Higz and Khedira imo.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 am

We used Alonso-Modric pivot in the group stages already and it didn't look good. The best half we had was after Essien came on for Modric in the 2nd match.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 am

Modric really hasn't gelled with all the players on the team. I think we need to match their intensity early - not only to steal a goal - but to whether the initial onslaught because they will be trying to put the nail in the coffin with an early goal.

So.

Callejon-Varane-Ramos-Coentrao
------------Essien/Pepe------------
------Khedira-----Alonso------
Ozil----------------------Di Maria
-------------Ronaldo----------

That's difficult- I want to also include Higain- but the midfield reinforcements, especially someone picking up the pocket behind Alonso is probably necessary. Whether it's someone tactically dependable and able to pass like Essien - or Pepe who should be able to help us win possession is something I'm not able to decide....I'm leaning toward the former.

Counter and aim for Ronaldo - but keep his attempts as close to goal as possible.

If we can get 1 or 2 goals - I think game will enjoy some degree of natural progression of the game will lead to Dortmund subsiding in the second half - more emphasis will be placed on maintaining their lead - guys like Kehl and Kuba - may come on. Their better attackers will be tired.

I think then you bring on Benzema and Modric - and perhaps Higuain.

Callejon-Varane-Ramos-Coentra0
----------Alonso--------------
-----Ozil---------Modric-------
Benzema--Higuain---Ronaldo--.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 am

With Khedira and Alonso in the middle all hope is lost.
I like Higuian up front but he's known to disappear in these situations, but he's only as good as our link up which I'm afraid will be defaulting all to Ronaldo on the wing.

This is make or break for Ozil. This is a game where we need our creative engine at 110%
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:47 am

We need to hold the ball. if we give it to Dortmund they will score. our defence is shite. we can't defend. we should just hold the ball and be patient.

we should play like Barca this time.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:02 am

We have to recover the ball very high, go for the goal every time we have it. We have to be clinical and tenacious. We need and early goal, and at least 2-0 at halftime if we want to qualify. If we score, we have to go for even more. Never back down, always go for it.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 am

Le Samourai wrote:Modric really hasn't gelled with all the players on the team. I think we need to match their intensity early - not only to steal a goal - but to whether the initial onslaught because they will be trying to put the nail in the coffin with an early goal.

So.

Callejon-Varane-Ramos-Coentrao
------------Essien/Pepe------------
------Khedira-----Alonso------
Ozil----------------------Di Maria
-------------Ronaldo----------

That's difficult- I want to also include Higain- but the midfield reinforcements, especially someone picking up the pocket behind Alonso is probably necessary. Whether it's someone tactically dependable and able to pass like Essien - or Pepe who should be able to help us win possession is something I'm not able to decide....I'm leaning toward the former.

Counter and aim for Ronaldo - but keep his attempts as close to goal as possible.

If we can get 1 or 2 goals - I think game will enjoy some degree of natural progression of the game will lead to Dortmund subsiding in the second half - more emphasis will be placed on maintaining their lead - guys like Kehl and Kuba - may come on. Their better attackers will be tired.

I think then you bring on Benzema and Modric - and perhaps Higuain.

Callejon-Varane-Ramos-Coentra0
----------Alonso--------------
-----Ozil---------Modric-------
Benzema--Higuain---Ronaldo--.

This is exactly what I was think we should do as far as our approach to the game.

Also it's probably worth noting that Jose said we will change our approach to this game as far as the players we use from the start.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:10 am

why didnt callejon play versus atletico.

is he injured or is he going to start versus dortmund. i was sure he would have played or at least come on versus atletico.

hmmm.

di maria will start.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:19 am

I can see Jose using Callejon is some way tomorrow.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:48 am

Mourinho said we could see some unusual players starting and an unusual system.

diego lopez
varane -- ramos
essien --------- coentrao
alonso
ozil --- di maria
callejon-benzema-ronaldo

he said unusual players starting, maybe we will see kaka in the midfield or albiol as a striker. who knows, only mourinho, he knows that he has to make changes.

khedira and alonso didnt contritbute to the attack or midfield, i see one of the too being dropped. modric will not start either.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Higuain shouldn't start in my opinion, he offers very little in matches like these, his champions league record is terrible. I don't think Mourinho will change too much in the first half but expect some early changes if things are not going to plan.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm

buddytaller wrote:Higuain shouldn't start in my opinion, he offers very little in matches like these, his champions league record is terrible. I don't think Mourinho will change too much in the first half but expect some early changes if things are not going to plan.

Higuain is the reason we have an away goal lol I'd start him since he's one of the few players you know will give 100%.

Ozil, Benz, Kaka can't say something like that. I'd use Benzema as a impact sub along with Khedira.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 am

I think we come out with a Tridente... call me crazy lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 am

sportsczy wrote:I think we come out with a Tridente... call me crazy lol.

May not be a bad idea actually.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed May 01, 2013 3:24 am

Or, call me crazy, just letting the creative juices flow, how about we actually play our normal team and formation. Rolling Eyes

How about we actually go out there and don't embarrass ourselves even further and play our game and hope the result comes?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 am

id rather madrid goes balls to the wall than play conservatively. they have absolutely nothing to lose.

so, why not?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 01, 2013 3:42 am

We do have something to lose though. However unlikely a CL final is still on the table lol

For me the worst case scenario is them scoring the first goal or an early goal. It would deflate the atmosphere of the entire game. That's why we should play with intensity but not really going in all guns blazing. We can do that later in the last half hour if we're still chasing the game.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed May 01, 2013 4:32 am

as long the players play with pride for the team, i will happy with whatever result, however an early goal for us would give a edge so hopefully we try to go for it
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 01, 2013 4:48 am

Diego Lopez, Essien, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Coentrao, Modric, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil, Cristiano Ronaldo and Higuain.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 01, 2013 4:53 am

well thats certainly ballsy. i expect essien might be playing more of a cdm role to help modric and alonso so it will look more like a 3-3-3-1

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 01, 2013 5:01 am

chad4401 wrote:as long the players play with pride for the team, i will happy with whatever result, however an early goal for us would give a edge so hopefully we try to go for it

This right here ^

vanDEEZ wrote:well thats certainly ballsy. i expect essien might be playing more of a cdm role to help modric and alonso so it will look more like a 3-3-3-1

I think you're right. Essien would certainly add a nice balance to Modric/Xabi.

Anyway we're taking a gamble and hopefully it pays off. eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed May 01, 2013 5:48 am

any1 has a link for the live game

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 01, 2013 6:33 am

Higuian :facepalm:
Ozil :facepalm:
Alonso :facepalm:

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next