danyjr
McAgger
jibers
billy_gr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
40 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dortmund are everything what football used to be Empty Dortmund are everything what football used to be

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm

It pleases me so much to see a team who are great to watch, ran fantastically on and off the pitch get so much success.

Safe standing in the stadium, little to no debt, a wage bill of around 40m, a brilliant youth system and scouting network.

They give hope to the rest of us that money will not always win cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Dortmund are everything what football used to be Empty Re: Dortmund are everything what football used to be

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 pm

they are...
they will also become what Ajax used to be. Other European teams' supermarket.
I wish they don't but they will
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Dortmund are everything what football used to be Empty Re: Dortmund are everything what football used to be

Post by jibers Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It pleases me so much to see a team who are great to watch, ran fantastically on and off the pitch get so much success.

Safe standing in the stadium, little to no debt, a wage bill of around 40m, a brilliant youth system and scouting network.

lol wait for the final. Bayern will batter them
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm not even butthurt that we got pounded. What a team :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It pleases me so much to see a team who are great to watch, ran fantastically on and off the pitch get so much success.

This is enough for me, by all rights a team who spend so little should not be able to compete with teams who spend 100s of millions more.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Can we stop making 2000 threads? Crying or Very sad
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Get in you legends. I'm a juve fan but i got massive respect for both these german teams. No sugar daddy, no gov bailouts, just great youth, astute purchases with their own money, and fantastic tactics. Also two of the classiest managers you'll find
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:

#LaFarcima not meant to be Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Dortmund deserve credit for doing that, however that strategy isn't superior to a team who is rich.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Dortmund have a youth system in the club or mainly buy the players they have now though?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Dortmund have a youth system in the club or mainly buy the players they have now though?

Mixture of two and most of the players they have bought are for close to nothing due to brilliant scouting

Lewandowski cost a very small amount for example.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Dortmund have a youth system in the club or mainly buy the players they have now though?

Both, they buy young talents for cheap money and suddenly they become so much better there.
We sold them Hummels for example about 4 years ago for ~5 Mil. € and he was an average player in our second team.
Or they bought Sahin for cheap, Götze was also very cheap
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes Dortmund have a youth system but they'll buy a player if they feel that the player can improve the team i.e Reus, GĂĽndogan etc...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Funny thing is Reus was in their youth system but they let him go.

Their example of Fabregas i suppose, but he cost quite a lot less.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Dortmund are one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a CL finals. Not the weakest but amongst them.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 pm

huntsman wrote:Dortmund are one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a CL finals. Not the weakest but amongst them.

lol wtf are you talking about. pls go
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm

huntsman wrote:Dortmund are one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a CL finals. Not the weakest but amongst them.

Yes considering they are unbeaten in UCL and won Bundesliga twice in a row v Bayern Munich, I wouldn't call them a weak team. This Dortmund far better than the previous CL finals contenders. I could go on.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Go where?
I swear i wouldve beaten them with Madrid second tier team.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah, and Kaka is still WC, LOLZ!!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Dortmund might not be renown like other big clubs, however that doesn't make them weak. They fully deserve to be in the final if they get there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Possibly the best two semi finals I've witnessed in a long time in terms of football quality
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 pm

huntsman wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Go where?
I swear i wouldve beaten them with Madrid second tier team.

Are you talking about FIFA? Laughing

I think Jibs put it perfectly yesterday Proud

Bayern
Dortmund
Madrid, Barca, Juve, United

And the rest
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Unbeaten in the CL yet somehow they are weak Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm

And reasons like the OP said is why I don't think Dortmind will weaken with the loss of Gotze and Lewandowski. Both are incredible players, but remember that just a few years ago they were both nobodies. Dortmunds youth and scouting systems are world class, and they will stick to their system and find replacements. I don't see Dortmind going anywhere anytime soon. Okay, next season they might not match the incredible CL feats of this season, but they'll still be an elite team in my opinion.

And LOL at the guy claiming Dortmund is weak. Even on paper they are very strong, when you add in the chemistry this team has its just unbelievable that anyone could be so clueless to think they're weak.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

They aren't only what football used to be but somewhat ironically they are also a refreshing new team to watch, a young team getting so far in the premier tournament as opposed to the usual suspects that we are so used to seeing.

Even if they sell some stars I feel like BVB will be the new team that very good players will want to play for. At the same time though they should keep up their strategy of buying cheap, low key players that turn into class footballers.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next