RealGunner
Doc
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
48 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:02 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Getting paid some serious cash to eat pukka pies and wear club tracksuits

I'm down for that
Calma he's bulking early ffs Molenation

Dat clean bulk Molenation

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Mole... i have first hand experience with not being able to do any exercise for a long period of time.  Heck, i'm still not allowed to do much Laughing You just need to adjust your diet and go for long slow walks.  You'll get soft without a doubt...  but you should not get fat.  In fact, i started losing weight and i had to eat a bit more.

Pro athletes who don't have a good diet get away with it by training hard.  But your bad eating habits come back to bite as soon as you're injured or you retire.  You can only blame yourself.

The only thing that is excusable is if your thyroid gets affected somehow.  There's nothing you can do about that.  Haven't heard that Gundogan has a thyroid problem.

I actually have and my physique usually goes to shit.... although i must admit i don't usually adjust my diet and rely on physical activity to stay in shape.

Some people are like that and struggle to change their diet tbf.... i can bet there's a lot of footballers out there that need the week to week training and if they don't they let themselves go.

Wouldn't be the first footballer.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Pique approves.

Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread  - Page 5 110

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 pm

So he's gained some considerable weight, but let's not act like he can't shake that in a few months, too.

Although I agree that seeing that isn't so encouraging.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:38 pm

You wont get this big of a belly by simply not exercising Laughing

He is a pro footballer, it takes some massive diet to turn that six packs into what we are seeing especially in 1 year.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm not an expert on exercising, but I've seen many footballers with bulging bellies after the summer break, especially if they had a slight injury before it, Gundagon hasn't trained properly in a long time.

I'm pretty sure he can be back to shape after training for a couple of months
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Adit wrote:You wont get this big of a belly by simply not exercising Laughing

He is a pro footballer, it takes some massive diet to turn that six packs into what we are seeing especially in 1 year.

If you do absolutely no exercise for a year and not change your diet its not outside the realms of possibility tbh.

Also like Urban said he never was the slimmest and most defined footballer going anyway as you can see in the Dortmund pic next to it he does have a bit of a gut.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:The only thing that is excusable is if your thyroid gets affected somehow.  There's nothing you can do about that.  Haven't heard that Gundogan has a thyroid problem.
Or - as I already mentioned above - if you need to take cortisone, which is often given against certain inflammations.

Unfortunately that stuff often leads to a Cushing syndrome when taken, and there you have effects like "Symptoms include rapid weight gain, particularly of the trunk and face with sparing of the limbs (central obesity)."

Last edited by rwo power on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:50 pm

it's just a little belly. looks fine imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:20 pm

no wonder when Barca medicals went to check up on him they gave a thumbs down xD
hope he recovers well though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:43 pm

it's only a belly, no need to worry until this happens

Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread  - Page 5 Johnson-Weight
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Mole I agree that it can happen to anyone, but wouldn't you say that a professional athlete has a responsibility to maintain himself as fit as possible during injury breaks? Clearly letting himself go is very unprofessional.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:35 pm

How did he manage to do that? I haven't been gym in 6 months but I haven't gained more than 5kg at best even if I exaggerate. And my diet is really bad.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:How did he manage to do that? I haven't been gym in 6 months but I haven't gained more than 5kg at best even if I exaggerate. And my diet is really bad.

When you train everyday you consume (say) 3000 calories a day. So you eat 3000 calories because that's how much your body will ask for. When you stop exercising your body will only consume (say) 2000 but you will still eat 3000 out of habbit. That extra gap adds up quick.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:44 pm

That makes sense.

Which also reminds me that I am under-eating with 1900 cals at best per day.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Some substantial news on Gündogan:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/606438/artikel_nach-op_guendogan-muss-noch-laenger-warten.html

He had surgery at long last.
BVB states that a 'minimally invasive procedure on his lumbar column was performed without complications and successfully' in Munich at the beginning of this week. Obviously the eternal attempt to treat the back problems 'conservatively' finally was regarded as futile.

Now according to the doctors it's expected that he'll be out for 3 more months, fwiw.

Also Kicker quotes Gündogan about his past year, apparently last fall he had severe trouble sitting, standing up, even sleeping etc.

So really, him gaining weight is the last thing people should be mouthing off about.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 pm

IMO his career is finished. Shame.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Fußball wrote:IMO his career is finished. Shame.

I've been thinking this for quite a while now, but maybe the surgery actually fixed something decisive.
Would be such a terrible, terrible shame, I don't even want to really think about it.
I like the guy a lot, very intelligent kid, and I don't think the level he played at in 2012/13 can be overstated.
Was well on his way to be an absolute world class all round midfielder.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Well, I think one needs to wait for the spine to heal after the surgery to really determine whether he can come back. Frankly, I would have tried conservative measures first, too, as surgery at the spine is always very risky, so it is only the ultima ratio.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Gündogan is back running with the team and says he's as happy as he hasn't been in a long time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Good news. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Ilkay Gundogan appreciation thread  - Page 5 VictoriousRequiredHamster

wtf :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Getting back to his best Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 am

fat Gundogan forever :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 am

That has made me so happy Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 am

lol at that " defender " ( number 3 ) passing by like it's none of his business Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next